Page 285 of 593 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 5922
    I was in one of the last standing KB Toys in San Diego County today and saw the new Transformers Animated figures.

I kind of think they're "cute," like Galactic Heroes are cute, but I wouldn't buy the collection.

I saw BumbleBee and Starscream. The latter was my favorite, but not by enough to buy him. Starscream had a smirk on his face. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Actually, I made the argument a long time ago that what's lacking from the prequels is the lightheartedness of the originals. The prequels are about trade routes and embargoes and political maneuvering, all poorly-told and ham-handed, but serious none the less.
    Ah, politics - a very clear reason why I would like it. Indeed, watching Palpatine in the prequels is thoroughly enjoyable for me.

Hell, the Jedi are the most humorless d*cks in the galaxy according to the prequels and it's one of the reasons there's not much impact in ROTS when they get slaughtered (that and they're all generic nobodies).
    I took it that "real" Jedi are supposed to be stoic and emotionless like Vulcans. Yes, that is different from Han Solo's very emotional psyche. But at least it is different. Wouldn't it have just felt like a copy if everyone acted the same, and were "the same characters," (figuratively speaking)?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    You know, I think Lucas intends for Star Wars to be taken this way (live action or not). And for all the PT haters, they decided (as children) that ANH and ESB were to be taken so seriously - and ROTS brings it back towards that a bit.

But TPM especially, and Ewoks in ROTJ, etc. get a bad rep from all the "serious fan camps," and they do the same towards Michael Bay's Transformers.
    The problem with that argument is that Bay aims to be taken seriously. We can accuse him of many, many things but making campy Saturday morning serials isn't on that list.

Bay will confuse you with his intentions:

in one scene we have Blackout slaughtering US AirForce personnel, showing the movie's going to be hard-core like I always wanted;

then in another scene, BumbleBee is pizzing on Simmons, which wasn't THAT campy, but still...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    then in another scene, BumbleBee is pizzing on Simmons, which wasn't THAT campy, but still...
    That's more of a reference to the 90s gross-out humor trend and not campy at all.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    And check out the 3rd pic, top row... it's a Nissan GTR deluxe! http://www.fantofan.jp/news/event/to...8/DSC00324.jpg
    That's my favorite modern car right now, and it makes a tough-lookin' bot!
    So apparently, that's not a deluxe, but a new Japanese series, "Alternity", which uses die-cast like the Binaltech line but is in the smaller, 1/32nd scale (which is the deluxe-sized scale, Movie Bumblebee is identically sized to a 1/32nd-scale Camaro I have). Also, that character is Convoy aka Optimus Prime, so I guess that's the "alternate" aspect of this thing. I still dig it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They don't still require pre-teen girls to kiss them to unleash their secret powers, do they? :vomit:
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    They don't still require pre-teen girls to kiss them to unleash their secret powers, do they? :vomit:
    Sounds like the new Animated show.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think I've almost decided to keep (and open) Wingblade and NOT buy Powerglide. I've been looking at pictures of Powerglide and watched the video of the guy transforming him. I wasn't impressed....

I had planned on passing up Animated Lugnut but once I saw that the colors weren't as bright as I thought, I decided to get it. (Yes, I was going to pass on it just b/c of the color scheme). Lugnut is actually better than Animated Screamer in that he has no excessive kibble in either mode.

I also got Voyager Bulkhead but I haven't opened him up yet and am not sure if I want to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I had planned on passing up Animated Lugnut but once I saw that the colors weren't as bright as I thought, I decided to get it. (Yes, I was going to pass on it just b/c of the color scheme). Lugnut is actually better than Animated Screamer in that he has no excessive kibble in either mode.

I also got Voyager Bulkhead but I haven't opened him up yet and am not sure if I want to keep it.
    Have you been able to find an animated Grimlock ?