Page 288 of 595 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 5945
    I picked up Prime and Lockdown today. I have yet to open them, but they look pretty sweet in package.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Which Prime? Deluxe?

I have to say, I have a very soft spot for these figures.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Sorry, yes the Cybertron version from wave 1. I've had a chance to open them, and I like them aside from the fact that Lockdown's legs popped off pretty easily when I transformed him.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Grimlock is the greatest because he's funny as hell, without compromising what makes him Grimlock--unlike the last season and a half of the G1 cartoon.

Plus, his comic counterpart (aside from the blasphemous "Dinocon" turncoat in Dreamwave's G1 series) is so uberbadarse it carries over.

BigB:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=T0tzcZ4GTzg
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=leHcPpfjtAg
    That's actually really cool. Pretty unlikely origin, but no worse than every other Transformer origin. Also that fact that they were built using earth technology does a great job of explaining why they are so dumb compared to the rest of the Autobots and Decepticons.

Didn't they start out as bad guys in the cartoon?

Bulkhead is also on the fast track to becoming my all time favorite Transformer.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Picked up Prowl at TRU the other day. Decent figure, but a few little issues too. The alt mode doesn't form properly because the hips have been widened from the original design or something along those lines, either the front end won't peg into the cowling or the rear end is pushed back away from the cowling (it's a "one or the other" situation), but it's better to have the rear end locked it because there's an ugly gap otherwise. Transformation is nifty, clever stuff all around, even on the simple reveal of the hands. Bot mode is good, loose hip joints though and articulation is a little weak. I don't really care for the head, but it's not terrible. The geared stars are keen, the traffic light is dumb.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Transformers Universe wave 1 found today!!!!

I got Sunstreaker and Tankor (haven't transformed them yet so I can't comment just yet)

Also got Animated BB and Voyager Prime.

I just picked up Animated Ratchet, and I really like his robot mode. Love all the gadgets.

I have to say that when i first heard about the show and the figures I was really skeptical, but they've grown on me big time.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Transformers Universe wave 1 found today!!!!

I got Sunstreaker and Tankor (haven't transformed them yet so I can't comment just yet)

Also got Animated BB and Voyager Prime.
    Why is it that nobody will say WHERE they found them? I'm assuming TRU, but which one?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Why is it that nobody will say WHERE they found them? I'm assuming TRU, but which one?
    Well, I did reveal exactly where on the LA finds thread. I just figure that it would only be relevant to only 2 of the regulars on this thread, who also frequent the LA finds thread.

In a nutshell, Sunstreaker and Tankor are okay but could've been better. I'll go into more detail once I've transformed both a few more times.

Ugh, I don't like the sound of "okay but could have been better" there.