Page 294 of 596 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 5954
    I saw Animated Grimlock at my local Target yesterday. They have about 10 of them but I may have to wait until next week to pick him up. They also have one half an aisle reserved for Animated product, but have yet to fill the pegs. They finally put all the movie product on clearance, but no Universe as of yet.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I hit Target for some SDCC supplies (Ensure, sunscreen, I don't even remember what else) and found TF:U Tankor. Even though I had been adequately warned, I had to know in person, so down went $10. Man, there is officially a new court jester in the Classics line, Tankor has dethroned the previous one, Astrotrain. I didn't like Astrotrain, but he was a sight better than this all-around loser. Whoever designed Tankor here needs to put down the pipe and get himself to an NA meeting, stat. So many poor ideas, a really stupid head, and underwhelming sculpting. And what's the hinged buttplate about? How they could take a weak G1 character and make him worse in every way is impressive, but the figure itself is merely laughable at best.

BTW, my buddies from BWTF.com forums were displaced when they were unexpectedly closed at the beginning of the year. After talking about it for far too long, I finally just decided to start a TF forum myself since I have the space and it was an easy install. I'm not putting a lot of time into it right now, but got a fair group going. Anyway, if you guys want to check it out, have a look: http://www.tfviews.com/forums/index.php
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Told ya so, JT!

At least you only paid Target's price. I paid a dollar more at TRU. I've decided to just keep mine in plane mode as that's probably the least offensive of the modes.

That still doesn't explain why at 2 of our local Targets, Sunstreakers and Prowls outnumber Tankor greatly.

So after a fairly long drought of no TF-goodness, I finally got around to buying some TFU figures today plus Ani-Leader Megs.

I kinda understand what people are saying about Octankor, but I kinda like him. A triple-changer has no business being a deluxe though, why they can justify Powerglide being an ultra but Octane gets stuck in the deluxe class makes little sense to me.

Prowl is pretty much what I expected based on what people have said. My only nitpick is that his shoulders seem to stick out a bit too far.

Sunstreaker is the best of the three no-doubt. I could just tell from alt mode that he was a solid TF. I really cant wait for Sunstreaker, and if they ever do Red Alert hopefully it wont be another Seeker debacle. I had to fix Sunstreaker though as his roof did not line up correctly after the auto-morph.

Blaster had some problems. You might rememeber how Cyb Soundwave's legs were kinda wobbly due to the extra joint meant to allow the legs to form the nose of the plane. They were so wobbly on Blaster that he couldn't stand up. I almost took the legs apart to try and fix them, but I got lazy and just stuffed a peice of a napkin in the joint. It actually works really well, and Blaster stands just fine now.

Here's the TF panel: http://tformers.com/transformers-sdc...9906/news.html

Some of the new animated stuff is interesting, such as Swindle and Longarm/Shockwave. I'm very curious to see how that one turns out. Hound and Cyclonus look great. The only thing was not yet revealed untill now that I really cared about was Inferno. I was expecting a little more on the TFU front.

Hasbro hinted that Alts are will be returning. Someone asked about Wheeljack ( I assume for TFU ) and they said they weren't ready to talk about it. One comment I found interesting, someone asked if TFU would see figures from the Japanese series such as Victory, Headmaster, Masterforce. Hasbro responded that TFU celebrates all eras. The questioner asked if that counted as a "maybe," to which Hasbro said "better than a maybe."

I saw Powerglide in person in Hasbro's display and he's awesome. He IS smaller than I'd wanted him to be in jet mode, but I like him a lot and will gladly purchase him.

I'm liking more and more of the Animated as I see it, but am resisting the temptation. Leader Class Megatron as an Osprey (or something kind of close to it) is really cool. Voyager Starscream looks great with him.

I wish they had a standard Leader Class Optimus Prime.

But the Animated are totally tempting me. Grimlock looked great too (El Chuxter) - and I think it was his Animated figure?

The Universe assortment's Sunstreaker / Sideswipe DO impress very much. Prowl is also tempting (Universe I think).

I'm just really waiting for the TF2 movie product and hope that there will be more Alternator-type offerings and Masterpieces from Takara that I'll want.

I heard someone from these boards got a really great deal at Comic Con, but I'll let him post about that! (Nice price, though. Wow!)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I saw Snarl and Jazz (animated). I'm not collecting this line, but they were neat. I was tempted to get Grimlock before. Now seeing Snarl, I'm even more tempted, but Snarl sold quickly, so I'll continue to pass on this animated line.
    Move along, move along

What.... still no word of Dispensor?
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    I saw Snarl and Jazz (animated). I'm not collecting this line, but they were neat. I was tempted to get Grimlock before. Now seeing Snarl, I'm even more tempted, but Snarl sold quickly, so I'll continue to pass on this animated line.
    I havn't seen anything of Animated past wave 2 in my area yet. Grimlock came and went fast when he first came out so I grabed one up(Yes Chux, he does kick ***). I accquired Animated Bumblebee, Prowl, and Starscream last night in a trade. Although I had a few small QC issues with the Screamer, they're all pretty sweet.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I saw Powerglide in person in Hasbro's display and he's awesome. He IS smaller than I'd wanted him to be in jet mode, but I like him a lot and will gladly purchase him.
    Really? I saw powerglide at a local target a few days ago and was actually surprised at how large it was. I thought it would be smaller. On the other hand, Onslaught was actually smaller than I thought so I guess it evens out.

I think I'm going to wait for the black powerglide repaint. I know alot of people hate black repaints, but I wish I could buy all my transformers in black. Plus if I wait for the repaint then I'll have more money to track down that SDCC exclusive Halo set from McFarlane that I want so bad.
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.