Page 299 of 580 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 5799
  1. #2981
    Here's possibly a dumb question:

    About half of the larger (Deluxe-Class? Voyager-Class? Enterprise-Class?) figures are totally new and have no analogue in G1, right?

    I can't figure out where characters like that Heavy Load or whatever come from.

    I'm likely passing on Acid Storm. Dumb name, made-up character (not that they're not all made-up, but I'm limiting myself to true G1 remakes), and a really doofy paint scheme. I'd rather they mass-release the missing three Seekers. I might at least consider Sunstorm if they were to make him.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  2. #2982
    I think I am going to try to find a Powerglide...the reviews on it seem to be very solid and from the pics I have seen it is a cool looking toy.

    Now that you own one Tycho, do you recommend it?
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

  3. #2983
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post

    Now that you own one Tycho, do you recommend it?
    Most definitely! I don't buy a lot of toys anymore - especially non-Star Wars.

    So being THAT selective, I'd still say "get Powerglide" for sure.

  4. #2984
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Most definitely! I don't buy a lot of toys anymore - especially non-Star Wars.

    So being THAT selective, I'd still say "get Powerglide" for sure.
    Thanks bro!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

  5. #2985
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Here's possibly a dumb question:

    About half of the larger (Deluxe-Class? Voyager-Class? Enterprise-Class?) figures are totally new and have no analogue in G1, right?

    I can't figure out where characters like that Heavy Load or whatever come from.

    I'm likely passing on Acid Storm. Dumb name, made-up character (not that they're not all made-up, but I'm limiting myself to true G1 remakes), and a really doofy paint scheme. I'd rather they mass-release the missing three Seekers. I might at least consider Sunstorm if they were to make him.
    Just use pricepoints by price next time. Anyway, some are taken from later names, some are homages to concepts rather than specific characters, some are new names made up because they couldn't use the originals. In this case, Heavy Load was a dump truck from the build team in the RID line from 2001 (this despite the current repaint not being a dump truck).

    Acid Storm is a stupid name, but the character isn't made up exactly, he's based on a specific grunt used in the cartoon that was later named through the fans' interpretation of that episode's dialog: http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Acid_Storm (and I find that whole thing incredibly stupid).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  6. #2986
    I wish they would sell the cartoons on DVD again, it would be nice to watch them again !! Same thing goes for the G I Joe cartoons, would be cool to have a G I Joe the complete series DVD set !!

  7. #2987

  8. #2988
    Wow, they really went the distance from the original there. I mean this in the most non-punny way possible, but that mold is past its prime.

    Got out Cybertron Cybertron Defense Scattorshot today because we had been talking about him on my TF forums due to the repaint that just came out, I forgot how much fun this mold is, very boss. Granted, the transformation is a snore, but the rest is gold.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  9. #2989
    For some reason I thought Treadbolt here was going to be a Decepticon but I guess not.

    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ackage-165656/

  10. #2990
    I found and bought Classics Galvatron today. Not great but not bad. But definitely underwhelming. I also saw an Arcee/Rumble Robot Heroes pack but the packaging was a bit thrashed and on the upper side of the bubble, there was a Maximal and Predacon insignia. I open them anyhow but I just had a bad feeling about that particular pack.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO