Page 304 of 578 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 5779
    Lobot was actually named in ESB. Every time two Bespin residents are onscreen, if you turn it way up, you can hear one ask the other, "Dude, where is that pimp, Lobot?"

If TRU with its carpy selection and high prices are keeping toys alive, then they've actually been dead for years. I wouldn't mind paying $1 more, if I actually knew I could get stuff there. I just happened to see Galvatron and Acid Storm while with my parents, looking for baby gifts, and figured they'd be at Target later (and cheaper), since none of these TF Universe Deluxe figures have been hard to find (though I hear some say Grimlock was, I never saw that).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

While my TRU pretty much blows when it comes to SW or GI Joe selection, it's TF section is usually well stocked, and usually with the latest items for the most part. They've had pretty much all of the Animated product before the others, and have kept new stock circulating.(yes this is TRU I'm talking about STG)
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kal-El View Post
    That issue for me boils down to a Transformer generaly being a bit bigger than your average SW fig, plus most times you get a bit more bang for your buck with TF.
    Yeah, that's really it. Transformer deluxes have been $10 for over 15 years and have earned that pricepoint, while Star Wars was hovering around $5 for a long time, even in 2005 for a minute, and doesn't seem to be product worth an extra buck or so.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The killer is GIJoe, which is owned by Hasbro, and, without any changes in styling (and, in fact, more re-used molds and parts as time goes on) have increased from $4.99 to as much as $7.99 in under 18 months.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That's pretty much the same with the SW figs. I mean anymore they add at least 2 to 3 repaint/repack waves of figs that were $5 a few years ago, yet now they're asking 7 to 8 bucks for. At least when they've done that with TF the price has stayed the same.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I picked up Fracture and Breakaway of the newly released wave two Wal-Mart exclusive "movie" deluxe repaints. These were supposed to be Universe releases, but Wally wanted them in movie packaging. It's interesting to note that while both of these are homages, neither of the names could be used.

Fracture is a repaint of Classics Mirage, and resembles the Gobot Crasher. This figure originated on the Allspark forums. The concept was proposed by a forumer, and Hasbro designer Joe Kyde (who posts there) did a digi-color of Mirage. Two years later, she is released in a color scheme very close to Kyde's original. I do notice that the red around the seat that becomes part of the back in 'bot mode doesn't match the red on the legs too well. Not terrible, but noticeable. The Mirage mold is great, and this color scheme is great on it. You should buy her. Yes. You.

Breakaway utilizes the Cybertron Hot Shot/Exillion mold and is painted after G1 Getaway. The molde choice is pretty appropriate, and the paint apps help the vehicle and robot mode match the original enough.

There was a third toy in this wave that I didn't buy, Crankcase - a Cybertron Red Alert painted to resemble micromaster Crankcase. (The only one that got to keep his name.)

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view...e=800&start=20

I read on another board that apparently Fracture has an alignment problem on the front end in vehicle mode. Mine sure does, and it prevents its from rolling smoothly in vehicle mode. Bummer.

An alignment prob, like how? This mold was smooth the first time around, surprised to hear there's a problem now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Transformers 2 movie spoilers (impact on the toys which will no doubt be in stores a month before the movie debuts anyway):

It looks like Tracks (Trax) and the combiner Devastator (made out of 7 construction vehicles) might be in the next movie. This might be cool. It might be Power Rangers.

Wait, so which ones are from the newest movie wave? I picked up three (FRACTURE, BREAKAWAY, and CRANKCASE) on Wednesday, all WM exclusives, plus I found a Grindcore. I passed him up the first time, but not now.

I wasn't going to get these, but I thought they looked darn cool, especially Fracture. I had no clue this was a fembot...l.o.l.
    Move along, move along