Page 305 of 588 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355405 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 5874
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Transformers 2 movie spoilers (impact on the toys which will no doubt be in stores a month before the movie debuts anyway):

It looks like Tracks (Trax) and the combiner Devastator (made out of 7 construction vehicles) might be in the next movie. This might be cool. It might be Power Rangers.
    Hmm, I think you mean Long Haul... See here!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_G96gxvrHqr...LongHaul3D.jpg

This is awesome. I can't wait to get a buildable bot, so long as it's HUGE!
    Move along, move along

Tycho, I think it was confirmed about the seven-robot Devastator. One is Long Haul, but Bonecrusher is apparently not one of the others. Given that there were six original Constructicons, and one was taken away, but there are seven in the movie, I expect Michael Bay will say the other two are called Kup and Unicron.

It's also confirmed that I won't even be bothering with this cinematic abortion even on cable.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that local WMs have rolled back prices on TF Animated and Universe deluxe to $7.77 (from $9.96). I picked up Animated Jazz, Prowl, and Oil Slick this afternoon, having had my eye on them for some time now. Great price, I think.

Thought about getting Animated Bumblebee but I'm leaning toward getting that WM exclusive three-pack set that includes that version. Also spotted Animated Swoop, Sentinel Prime, and Elite Guard Bumblebee too but passed.

Had TFU Sunstreaker and Prowl in my hand tonight as well but put them back.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Early this morning (around 12:30am) I rolled into our local Wal-Mart and they had a ton of transformers stuff. Pallets full of the movie toys (I went ahead and got a premier edition Ironhide), pallets full of the Bumblebee 3 pack, and an entire endcap of the new animated figs. Plus on the clearance aisle they had the robot heroes marked down to $5 each.

I was searching for Galvatron, but was pleasantly surprised to see all the other stuff, and I could not pass up on Ironhide.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I was going to mention WM's price drop, too. I had to pick up Duke/Red Star from the Joe line and almost carped my pants when I saw these guys were about $2 less than I paid for them.

Of course, WM is evil, so I'm not going to bother taking anything back and re-buying them to save $2.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Any of you people with the Wally World sightings from the west coast?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Tycho, I think it was confirmed about the seven-robot Devastator. One is Long Haul, but Bonecrusher is apparently not one of the others. Given that there were six original Constructicons, and one was taken away, but there are seven in the movie, I expect Michael Bay will say the other two are called Kup and Unicron.

It's also confirmed that I won't even be bothering with this cinematic abortion even on cable.
    Michael Bay left some bad blunders in his wake in terms of the Constructicons.

"The tank" was supposed to be renamed "Brawl" for the movie - as he was only named in an English subtitle script when Starscream called all the Decepticons to mobilize. But while Bay once said the DVD would be corrected, it was not, and the tank was still called Devastator. So what? In the movie continuity, are they going to put "the tank's brain" in a flash drive to download into the joined combiner? The Combaticons had a tank named Brawl - and that could've remained the same, even if Bruticus couldn't be done for the films (Blastoff's size would be a huge problem for the transformation anyway. Swindle's too I guess - for exactly the opposite reason).

Then BoneCrusher was the Constructicon bulldozer. But in Michael Bay's movie, he was a mine-sweeping vehicle that Optimus Prime seemed to permanently deactivate.

Now what is Michael Bay going to do to correct any of this? Probably nothing. I don't think he cares. He didn't want to make the first movie. Then when it turned into his biggest box office success ever, he suddenly loved being the man behind this franchise.

But the franchise is not respecting its roots. As much as I rave about finally having big transforming robots on the movie screen like I always wanted since I was a kid - everything is a lot less than perfect.

Some clever writing and a completist's reboot of the continuity for a new movie-continuity could correct things (for the movies - but not by G1 standards) but I'm not holding my breath.

Since when?!?! Aren't you the same Tycho begging Hasbro for a Michael Bay figure to add to your dioramas and to worship?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Since when?!?! Aren't you the same Tycho begging Hasbro for a Michael Bay figure to add to your dioramas and to worship?
    Yes. To his credit, the awesome Michael Bay ACTUALLY MADE an awesome Transformers live-action film - something I've always wanted. And he at least listened to the fans beg and plead for the awesome Peter Cullen to star in the film as a totally awesome Optimus Prime.

For that, I am grateful to the Awesome Mr. Bay.

Now, does he really need me to straighten some things out? Yup. Sure does. But I am also awesome!

I can help him. Yes I can.

We'll have to make a few changes to keep continuity with the errors he already made.

Since Devastator has appeared in the film as the tank, I will have the Constructicons merge to form a new combiner I call "Corrector." Maybe, I'll make it more Decepticon-sounding by spelling it Core-Wrecktor! Yeah. That would be awesome.

The bulldozer should stay a part of it, but since BoneCrusher was used as a mine-sweeping vehicle, I would name the new bulldozer Constructicon "Retraction!" or in Decepti-spelling (and considering a bulldozer's treads) "ReTracktion." That would also be awesome.

So now with my semi-new characters of Core-Wrecktor and ReTracktion, I'd almost be all set.

Jazz would not be coming back from the dead, for sure.

And now, I have to take some time to figure out how the heck I would explain the AllSpark with what's been done in the first movie.

Ah - OK. Organic life was dying on some planet, but they were so advanced, they built a replacement planet (called Cybertron) and found a way to transfer their life-energies into nearly immortal machines. But they had to feed on the power generated by a captured quantum singularity that their scientists contained in the device called the AllSpark. Only metaphorically does it give life (well originally - the Dewbot just presented a problem). So some of what comes next - Megatron trying to hoard control over the AllSpark and it being lost into space can still hold true. Maybe the thing's AI gained sentience and it can then pass that on to Mountain Dew soda machines?

I don't know. But Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orcci should be checked for brain damage!

If they weren't laughed out of Hollywood after writing Catwoman, their careers are (sadly) safe.

Which means screenplays are not safe.
    Tommy, close your eyes.