Page 319 of 578 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 5776
    Yeah, that looks pretty much terrible. Hasbro needs to dial it the f back on these repaints, there's a HUGE hole where Transformers should be over the next 5 months thanks to this crap.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

More to pass on! My wallet thanks you, Hasbro.

I've got Brawn, Inferno, and Beachcomber on order, so that leaves Hound/Ravage, Wheelie, and Cyclonus. That's it for the non-repaint (and non-Seeker) Classics 2.0 as of now, right? Oh yeah, Ratchet and Smokescreen. Still, pretty close to done (again).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I kinda like Darkwing as a compantion for Dreadwing (the botcon exclusive) Also, I've got a soft spot for the G1 Season 3 figures and Dreadwing has that goofy vibrant purple and iceblue that those figures were so known for. But, you can't market based just on nostalgia, so it's kind of a stupid move on their part. Yeah, they've got my buy, but it probably WILL shelfwarm.

Chux: I got Beachcomber, Brawn, and Bumblebee yesterday and have the rest on order as well. Beachcomber is fantastic. I'm really impressed with this figure. I'd give him a 10, Brawn a 7 (reasonably good execution, but some missteps that hold the figure back from really competing with Beachcomber), and Bumblebee a 5 (nice effort, but a LOT of problems).
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Funny that the pacifistic Beachcomber comes with a gun while the others don't seem too..

It shoots golden water from the golden lagoon.
    Or, that hippy bastard finally got his head in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah, that looks pretty much terrible. Hasbro needs to dial it the f back on these repaints, there's a HUGE hole where Transformers should be over the next 5 months thanks to this crap.
    I agree with you there JT. While the Classics side of the Universe line was quite nice at first, the slew of endless repaints is really starting to turn me off to the entire line.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

The only thing I can figure is that they're going after people like me who might buy the first repaint or so. But it only takes getting burned once or twice ("That ain't Blaster; I don't care if he is orange!") to keep such folks from buying the later repaints. That Silverbolt repaint is so going to shame the Neimoidian Warrior.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I agree that there have been a lot of repaints in Classics, but I think they have a line that's doing so well, they just don't have the product to support it. And, like with the first TF movie, they've got THREE lines in production right now. They couldn't possibly have the resources to continue releasing brand new molds in the kind of volume you and I would like.

However, if they're going to continue with these repaints, I would rather have had a Ghost Starscream or Sunstorm before a second Starscream with the same name. Even if I bought it anyway...

They shouldn't plan stopgap lines like Universe 2.0 to consist of such few new molds if they look at a damned calendar in advance though. "These figures will take us to January. And somehow the brand will continue till May?"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, I think they DO plan the line with repaints in mind. It's a good way to amortize costs, regardless of how far out they've planned the line. And I gotta say, if I have to endure a few repaints to justify awesome figures like Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Hound, Ravage, The Seekers, and Cyclonus - count me in for the long haul. I'll even buy a few of the repaints.