Page 337 of 591 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 5907
    Picked up TF:A Ultra Magnus at Target yesterday for $28 on clearance. There was only 1, and the box was a little beat, and oddly the ties around the feet were set up wrong despite nobody having opened it. Figure is ok, I love all the gimmicks, but it's not quite leader-class material in size or design. Moving the arms often sets off the transformation sound, which is a shame. Transformation is a bit annoying but not bad, just a lot of flipping stuff around and pushing on hard hinges. Vehicle mode is very cool, but I wish they had closed off the back end better.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, what does make your cut for Leader Class material anyhow?

It looks like a few selected TRU's will be hosting a 9pm to 10 pm ROTF sale this coming Friday.

See here for the store list

Even though my local TRU is on the list, I'll probably skip this event as I only want Sideswipe and maybe, maybe Sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, what does make your cut for Leader Class material anyhow?
    Movie Prime, Movie Brawl, SWTF Vader / Death Star, Cybertron Prime, Armada Prime, RID Ultra Magnus. There are others from Beast Wars, but none of them were Leader-class pricing because that line was a friggin' bargain most of the time.

It looks like a few selected TRU's will be hosting a 9pm to 10 pm ROTF sale this coming Friday.

See here for the store list

Even though my local TRU is on the list, I'll probably skip this event as I only want Sideswipe and maybe, maybe Sideways.
    I am not entirely surprised, that's the street date, but I'll be at Botcon where they claimed to have early purchases for attendees, guess that was a bust.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wal-Mart has stocked The Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

I got:

Leader Class - Optimus Prime and Megatron (they talk and transform)

Deluxe Class - Rampage (bulldozer -very cool as I noted before), SideSwipe, Sideways (Decepticon car).

Voyager Class - Starscream (new mold with no kibble!)** and Demolisher (huge rolling Constructicon seen on Chinese highway in movie trailer - turns into steam shovel - this looks cool in vehicle mode for sure!).

Some kind of mini-class car, forklift, delivery truck, and bi-plane (the truck is the only one that's an Autobot) -but I mainly purchased these to pose as traffic in order to recreate that scene on the Chinese highway from the movie trailer when Demolisher is going beserk!

Soundwave and Bumblebee (non-cannons one) were there as well, plus Voyager Optimus and Ironhide, both with which I didn't bother with.

I will see the movie and then return and / or purchase new figures accordingly. Today is 5-29 and the movie is out 6-24 I think - easily within a 30 day return priviledge and price garauntee.

One other thing: Megatron's voice chip recreates that pullitzer winning script dialogue when he says "I am Megatron" in case you ever buy this toy and don't know. (Yeah, Prime says, "I am Optimus Prime," too) but I believe these are the voices of Hugo Weaving and Peter Cullen this time.

I have not opened any of these yet. In fact I haven't brought them out of my truck even, but I'll be hitting the Leader Class and Deluxe figures first, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    IMO, Transformers has been nothing but missteps throughout this year, management has let every aspect that's not the movie get trampled.

Meanwhile, the Japanese are coming out with some awesome goods!
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...-scans-167682/
    Silver & Purple Alternity Megatrons that turn into Nissan 370z.
    Real working: Flash drive that turns into Ratchet, USB hub that pretends to be a laptop turning into Blaster, and an optical mouse that turns into a Grimlock-styled dinobot raptor.

That flash drive ravage is cool. Hopefully it comes stateside.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I just got Voyager class Demolishor from Wal-Mart. Haven't opened it yet.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    I just got Voyager class Demolishor from Wal-Mart. Haven't opened it yet.

I brought mine upstairs. That was the next step.

It occurs to me that if I like the movie and the toys, I might buy several of each of the Constructicons to display in each mode.

With Demolisher, I'm going to find the right size Matchbox or HotWheels cars to create that movie trailer scene, I think.

I will likely open a few of these figures before I see the movie, as I think they are cool and I'd like to own them anyway.

Target has stocked ROTF toys as well.

I walked out with Sideswipe and Sideways though I had to really examine all the ones they had carefully. After all a car as nice as Sideswipe can't have paint blemishes or scratches on it.

Their price on deluxes is 11.99 by the way.

I've been saying all along that these are the only 2 I'm buying from ROTF so hopefully I'm done with the line!

At least with Animated I never had to worry about paint apps. Speaking of TFA, I'm just reading about the Botcon panel and apparently the people from the show asked that questions about TFA "positioning" be saved for Hasbro's panel. Way to pass the buck

But the Constructicons are cool, Figrin.

It occured to me that I don't need them to combine as I'll want some to display as 'bots, others as their vehicles, and then separately as Devastator.

So the toys are poorer quality when they don't combine, but as I am "a display kind of guy," I don't necessarily need them to.

Remember my motto: "These are Transformers. They are not meant to be transformed." (See overly expensive loose-but-mint Masterpiece Megatron and Starscream for details.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    But the Constructicons are cool, Figrin.

It occured to me that I don't need them to combine as I'll want some to display as 'bots, others as their vehicles, and then separately as Devastator.

So the toys are poorer quality when they don't combine, but as I am "a display kind of guy," I don't necessarily need them to.

Remember my motto: "These are Transformers. They are not meant to be transformed." (See overly expensive loose-but-mint Masterpiece Megatron and Starscream for details.)
    Not cool enough for me, though

I'd rather buy the Terminator A-10 even though I have nothing else from that line.