Page 338 of 582 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 5812
    The Terminator toys are good quality. Too bad the movie wasn't THAT good.

The A-10 is great. Wished Powerglide was closer to that scale.

So it's time to analyze who to expect in the new Transformers Revenge of the Fallen line.

I have gone without LISTING stuff for quite a while now. So here it is: my opportunity to waste time - my own time writing this out and your time you lose by reading it.

So....who's in ROTF?

THE AUTOBOTS

Movie 1.............................................ROTF (movie 2)

Optimus Prime....................................Optimus Prime
    BumbleBee......................................... BumbleBee
    Jazz..............................................SideSwipe
    Ironhide.......................................... ..Ironhide
    Ratchet........................................... .Ratchet
    .................................................. ....Mudflap
    .................................................. ....Skids
    .................................................. ....Jetfire (begins movie as Decepticon)

= 5................................................. .= 8

New figures this time?

Leader Class: Optimus / Jetfire (wave 2)
    Voyager Class: Ironhide, Optimus, (Ratchet - wave 2???, Jetfire wave 2?)
    Deluxe: BumbleBee, SideSwipe, Mudflap (wave 2?), Skids (wave 2?)

THE DECEPTICONS

Movie 1.............................................ROTF (movie 2).................G1 Constructicons

Megatron (jet)...................................Megatron (tank)
    Barricade / Frenzy...........................Sideways
    Brawl.........................................Rampage (bulldozer)
    BoneCrusher.................................Soundwave (satellite / jet)
    Scorponok........................................S corponok
    Starscream.......................................S tarscream
    Blackout*......................................... Blackout*
    .................................................. ....Scrapper...........................Scrapper
    .................................................. ....Rampage...........................Bonecrusher
    .................................................. ....Demolisher.........................Hook
    .................................................. ....LongHaul...........................LongHaul
    .................................................. ....MixMaster..........................MixMaster
    .................................................. ...Scavenger..........................Scavenger
    .................................................. ...Ravage
    .................................................. ...Wheelie (becomes Autobot?)

= 8................................................. .= 15

* From a movie trailer, it would appear a helicopter Decepticon (at least similar to Blackout) recurs in ROTF

Then there's The Fallen. He's a bad guy but I'm not sure if we'd classify him as a Decepticon. Something tells me that he doesn't submit to Megatron's authority.

New figures this time?

Ultra Class: Devastator (combined non-transforming Constructicons)

Leader Class: Megatron, Starscream (rumored wave 2), The Fallen (future?)

Voyager Class: Starscream, Demolisher, Blackout (wave 2?)*, The Fallen (wave 2), LongHaul (future?), MixMaster (wave 2), Scavenger (future?)

Deluxe: Rampage, Soundwave, Sideways, Ravage (future?), Scorponok (wave2?), Scrapper (future?)

Mini: Wheelie (future?)

Went to another WM earlier tonight and scored Rampage and Soundwave.

I am now thinking over which one I will get tomorrow.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

JetsandHeels, may I recommend Sideswipe? Even if you end up not liking the robot mode, the concept Stingray is pretty sweet! For mine, I had to look through 10 different ones before finding one with no scratches on it.

Thanks for the recommendation, Figrin. I had actually been eyeing Sideswipe earlier but passed.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I liked Ransack, the biplane, but it's in the cheaper "Scout" class series. I'd like to see that one in the Deluxe or Voyager class.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    I liked Ransack, the biplane, but it's in the cheaper "Scout" class series. I'd like to see that one in the Deluxe or Voyager class.
    I bought that one as it might be in scale to one of the Constructicons (Deluxe, Voyager - not sure?) I'm going to consider it before I return him.

Ransack was originally an Insecticon.

Here's what I think might be happening. Orci and Kurtzman are seemingly aware of Gen. 1.

They probably start off trying to name the characters as they were in Gen. 1, but maybe some names are not able to be registered or are currently not owned by Hasbro any longer?

That still doesn't explain Devastator being a tank (Brawl) in the first movie. That was originally an error that was supposed to be corrected on the DVD. However, NOW, Orci and Kurtzman claimed at BotCon that there will be an in-story piece of dialogue that will explain the transition from tank-head to combiner personality.

If they are now aware that they cannot make these mistakes - and probably Hasbro is as well, why are they still happening?

I know Michael Bay 'formers movies are made for the new audiences, however, they have an instant fan audience built in which they ought to respect, so they can count on that business.

Looks like Universe will be returning in 2010 in at least the deluxe price range.

I can breathe a sigh of relief! More TFA down the road! Arcee, Rodimus, Blackout, Wingblade Optimus, Thundercracker!

MP Grimlock in the US within the year!

I have so many more notes from that Hasbro panel, and I'm trying to pull a recording out of my crappy old voice recorder (no computer connection, I'm recording it directly into the mic port, then will run a filter over it).

Here are yesterday's photos of the convention floor, and today's extra bits are going up now:
    http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=4299

Yesterday, I got a free RPMs Bumblebee (they gave me Ratchet, but I saw them giving out BB later so I traded mine in) and picked up a mini transforming Macross Roy Focker Valkyrie for $20. Today I picked up ROTF Rampage and a clean-looking Sideswipe, put back a few of the scouts because I'm just too broke right now. I haven't had time to open any figures, so I'm gonna take a few to do just that.

To be honest, I'm not sure yet what else to get, I'm hoping to find reviews.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh yeah, there was a prototype of the Voyager-class + human Sideswipe, that thing looks so badass it's crazy. Operating gull wing doors!!! They didn't have bot mode, but the undercarriage was visible, I took a pic, it's detailed.

Dude, step 6 on Sideswipe is nearly incomprehensible! Who thought that side was the right angle to draw this from? All they had to do was show the figure from the robot front, drawn an arrow from the rear window/pipes going up. STUPID!

Step 9, uh, which joint is that? And Step 10... HUH?!? I basically had to just keep folding and assuming, then looking at the instructions to see if it matched. Feet are a shame, every pose needs one toe up, one heel down, or else it falls. And step 11 doesn't even mention that the heels folds in.

Well, here he is. Seems a little small by himself, and way too much back kibble, the folding tailpipes seems like an abandoned gimmick, and the head is pretty puny, but it looks sleek too, the rear fenders make an interesting and aggressive chest, the fold-out scissor swords are ok, the hip and shoulder joints are cool, the colors are nicely consistent. Mech Alive knees are pointless. Great detailing though, and the hip design lets him get a wee bit taller. All in all, an ok figure, great car, good toy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.