Page 341 of 582 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 5812
    What sucks:

1. I may have to hold out to see whether several figures (SideSwipe, SideWays, Rampage, voyager Starscream) come out in Premium format. Unpainted eyes (original Ironhide voyager) really bother me.

2. I'd like to open these figures up and see what they are like for myself, but I need to wait until the release of the movie and premium format news.

3. Voyager Demolisher was rated poorly. (I don't like robot designs for robots without legs myself, so I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised here).

What's probably safe for me to open that I won't be returning:

Leader Prime, Leader Megatron

What's cool:

The movie will open up even before 30 days have passed for my return priviledge.

I might even return them and buy them back so I will have new "fresh" return priviledges through the time when I may learn of any premium format figures I'd rather have.

I opened Ransack and Dead End just now and they are both very cool.

For the scout series, I must say these are pretty solid characters. The transformation on both was fairly simple, and they look darn cool.

Now I want to go buy the rest of the scouts.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Those are two others that I picked up and thought looked good, too.

I haven't opened them of course. Ransack was very different for a Transformer being an older 1920's model of airplane, though perhaps a modern version.

So, on Dlx Sideswipe, I realized that I didn't like the fenders as backpack kibble, even if they do have sculpting inside, so I fiddled and found that you can just fold them out like wings. Tracks baby!!! Not really, different kind of wings, but they remind me of G1 Smokescreen door wings. You can also fold them down like a cape or a little like angel wings (there are multiple joints to fiddle with) but they reach just past his knees that way.

I opened up Hybrid Convoy (Prime), he's an amazing little wonder. Die cast, super posability, lots of great accessories, fantastic trailer, even Roller kicks ***. Truck mode isn't so great, but it's nice that he transforms at all. But the rest, man is it rad. So glad I picked this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    JediTricks, thanks for the great review of all the movie products.
    Sure, but keep in mind, it's only an overview really.

You really made me excited for Leader Class Starscream. Geeze I may likely buy 2-3 of those if they're THAT good.
    Well, hopefully the final version is as cool. They didn't have paint mocked up yet, and nothing next to it for scale, but it was a slick looking gray-model. I think it's gonna be cool. I hope it's not the tattooed look though, that'd be such a waste.

I'm really optimistic about the Human Alliance figures, too. IMO they made good choices. I think I heard that SideSwipe will come with Capt. Lennox, but an even larger Ironhide (if they could do it) would be way cooler to include Lennox with.
    We'll see, it could really be anything at this point.

I still haven't opened my figures yet, but I'm really feeling torn since I've seen DeadEnd. Sideways is movie-authentic, but I agree with you that DeadEnd's coloration just looks incredible.
    If you bought Sideswipe, open him, he's good. And, like I suspected in my review, he's not as small as first impressions suggest, he's just got a small head and odd proportions which make him seem small.

I would definitely hold off on opening Sideways though until you see the film, he may not be worth talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I remember hearing the HA Sideswipe comes with Epps...
    I kinda doubt it, Tyreese who plays him was at the Sunday Hasbro panel and was asked if he interacted with the car, he said no talking, no driving, but he did lean on it as much as he could. He also admitted to secretly scratching the paint with the prop gun on his hip, and him and a crew member painting it over. But he definitely didn't get to drive it.

JT.. Drift was movie styled? That's dissapointing.
    The design wasn't really movie-styled, it was very much a modern classics-style design, but anything "realistic" right now was shown off in the Movie line banner. It's possible that one is being planned for Classics 3.0 due out in Fall 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    What sucks:

1. I may have to hold out to see whether several figures (SideSwipe, SideWays, Rampage, voyager Starscream) come out in Premium format. Unpainted eyes (original Ironhide voyager) really bother me.
    Rampage isn't worth holding out for, he sucks now and unless they resculpt him, he'll suck as a Premium.

I honestly doubt they'll do a Premium line this time around, their budgets are stretched much thinner this time and if they do 'em, it'll be cheaper. I wouldn't think Sideswipe needs a premium though, he's already shiny silver and you can clearly see his eyes as they're blue on a silver face (the light-piping is a little dark, but also works).

2. I'd like to open these figures up and see what they are like for myself, but I need to wait until the release of the movie and premium format news.
    I'd suggest enjoying them for what they are, at least a couple.

3. Voyager Demolisher was rated poorly. (I don't like robot designs for robots without legs myself, so I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised here).
    Holy crap did Demolishor suck when I played with him. I can't get past that, just pure suck.

What's probably safe for me to open that I won't be returning:

Leader Prime, Leader Megatron
    I hope they redo Prime's lackluster deco and weapon problem, so I'm holding out for a revisit. Megs I think isn't going to get better, he's already got good paint unlike movie 1 Megs.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    I opened Ransack and Dead End just now and they are both very cool.

For the scout series, I must say these are pretty solid characters. The transformation on both was fairly simple, and they look darn cool.

Now I want to go buy the rest of the scouts.
    Thanks for the 411 on those 2. I found Dead End's transformation to be fairly busy for a scout, standard stuff for TF but for a scout more going on than most. I'm still gonna hold out for the blue repaint.

Ransack is one I regret putting back, but I will pick him up. How do you like his bot mode? I only experienced about half of it at the show, kids tore it apart.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ransack is one I regret putting back, but I will pick him up. How do you like his bot mode? I only experienced about half of it at the show, kids tore it apart.
    Bot mode is pretty solid for this one...out of the 2 scout class figures I purchased, he is definately my favorite. I recommend it, not only because it is a cool figure for a scout class, but also he is unique in that he is modeled after the old vintage-style airplanes.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Found Voyager class The Fallen, it is pretty awesome.It is bot mode

Ok, so I'm dead wrong about Human Alliance Sideswipe with Epps, as noted in this photo:
    http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=15826
    Damn that's cool.

And I was wrong about Jetfire & Prime combining, here they are:
    http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...ombined/15850/
    Not as cool. I didn't expect Jetfire to be hugging Prime, I was thinking Armada jetpants.
    There's a keychain of this out at TRU, I couldn't figure out what the hell it was when I found it, but that's what it was.

BTW, I think it sucks that everybody is showing Jetfire alt mode from the top where he looks good and avoiding from the side where he looks AWFUL.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, you told me Ice Cream Truck Mudflap/Skids wouldn't be a great buy and now you're reversing course???

I opened up my Sideways...it's decent but they really cheaped out on the lower abdomen. It has sculpted details but didn't bother to paint any of them and so the entire ab section is red molded plastic. Also, he is extremely difficult to stand. The feet are too small to support his weight, especially with all the top heavy kibble.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, you told me Ice Cream Truck Mudflap/Skids wouldn't be a great buy and now you're reversing course???
    No, no, I'm just saying that it's not the worst thing I've seen, the alt mode definitely looks good, that's the positive aspect. Buy at your own damned risk.

I opened up my Sideways...it's decent but they really cheaped out on the lower abdomen. It has sculpted details but didn't bother to paint any of them and so the entire ab section is red molded plastic. Also, he is extremely difficult to stand. The feet are too small to support his weight, especially with all the top heavy kibble.
    Hmm, something seemed off about his look. I thought it was just me far more impressed with the repaint Dead End, but I think your comment about lacking paint is it.

And the Sunday Hasbro panel write-up:
    http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?...articleid=3104