Page 345 of 566 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 5653
    They made that for the kids, supposedly... and / or because they didn't have time to figure out how to make the combiner work with respect to the movie release date. If you're buying the excuse at least.

I have the non-combining Constructicons figured out (unconfirmed):

Voyager Demolisher (lower body) - used to be a crane truck named Hook and formed the upper body
    Voyager MixMaster (upper body) - used to be a leg
    Deluxe Rampage (leg) -used to be an arm called BoneCrusher*
    Deluxe Long Haul (leg) - used to be the lower body
    Deluxe Scavenger (arm) always was an arm
    Deluxe Scrapper (arm) - used to be a leg

*Rampage was a Predacon that turned into a Tiger.

In the first movie, they used the name Devastator for the Combaticon tank named Brawl. All the toys were packed with the name Brawl. Writers Orci and Kurtzman say that there will be an explanation after-the-fact (it was a subtitle mistake) in the new movie.

BoneCrusher was the name used by the mine-clearing vehicle (that destroys the bus in the first movie) whom Optimus Prime kills by beheading during the freeway battle.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    There's no way I am buying that $100 Devastator set. Hasbro should have known better that collectors/fans would want a set that actually can transform.
    I doubt that any of us will be buying it and I can't imagine that parents will be all that keen on getting it for their kids when there are cheaper alternatives like the Leader class or Voyagers.

Then again, the Ultimate Bumblebee seemed to sell quite well. I expected those to go to clearance but they never did.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    There's an ROTF sale this week at TRU.

Deluxes are 7.99. Not sure about other classes as I don't have the circular with me right now.

Edit - voyagers are 17.99.
    Ugh, great sale, I can't believe I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    This morning I bought:

(To go with Human Alliance wave): Chromia and Wheelie.
    Take 'em back, neither are remotely in scale with the Human Alliance figures. Wheelie is an R/C vehicle in the movie, tiny, the size of Sam's chest at most. And Chromia is oversized (and sucks pretty bad). Human Alliance Arcee is a smaller mold.

(To go with Leader / some Voyager / Deluxe wave): Skids, Soundwave

I'm not altogether sure how all the scales will work out. I know it's not important to some people - they're just cool toys to those of you who appreciate them like that.

But scale is very important to me.
    Soundwave scale is probably too small, he's seen attacking a satellite in the comic I gave you and I'd say he should be about 30% bigger.

Voyager Demolisher
    Scale fail.

Del Rampage
    Scale also off, he's a much bigger vehicle in the movie.

Leader Fallen (hopefully)
    Highly unlikely.

Scout Wheelie (not even rumored)
    Your "Legends" call was much closer, but I don't remember seeing one.

Scout Arcee (not even rumored)
    The one with the Human Alliance Mikaela set should be around Scout size.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    There's no way I am buying that $100 Devastator set. Hasbro should have known better that collectors/fans would want a set that actually can transform.
    They're trying to get the casual collector market and kids who don't know any better. The pricetag screws that up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    They made that for the kids, supposedly... and / or because they didn't have time to figure out how to make the combiner work with respect to the movie release date. If you're buying the excuse at least.
    You're the only one with that "couldn't make it work in time" theory, that's been floated by nobody else, nobody at Hasbro. They said the designs, they worked on them, but the toys became too large for their classes and it hampered detail, nothing about timing making it work.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I doubt that any of us will be buying it and I can't imagine that parents will be all that keen on getting it for their kids when there are cheaper alternatives like the Leader class or Voyagers.

Then again, the Ultimate Bumblebee seemed to sell quite well. I expected those to go to clearance but they never did.
    Ultimate Bumblebee sold through initial orders, but slowed quickly and retailers simply didn't order more, it was a poor seller to Hasbro so we're seeing it again.

I wish there were more tempting figures out right now. The only one I haven't bought yet that I'm really looking at is Dirt Boss, the forklift. I'm mildly tempted by Knock Out, the motorcycle, but really not enough to pull that trigger since there's a recolor coming that is a little less out there (KO's black elements are actually the problem, they don't fit the garish greens that go on a bike like this).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Who will be the Knock Out repaint? What color will they sport?

I bought Knock Out (a Scout) myself and am quite happy with it (unopened as of yet). I think it's possible that it matches up with the Deluxe class.

I wonder if they'll then do a Voyager Soundwave?

And yes, a Legends Wheelie would be perfect. But who knows if people will like Wheelie this time around or he'll get the reputation of JarJar in Star Wars?

I wonder if the Human Alliance Arcee is then a repaint of Knock Out, as that would be a great way for Hasbro to cut costs?

Meanwhile, I'm wondering if the folks with Hasbro's Transformers Team are just not that smart, or what? (as it relates to "the Devastator problem")

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ugh, great sale, I can't believe I missed it.
    I don't think you missed it.....the TRU I went to on Sunday said it was on for a week, so you have a few days left.

I am currently looking for the Target exclusive Superion set. Target's website says that my local store has it (although I have yet to see any on the shelves), so I may have to resort to using the DCPI #.

UPDATE:
    I just went to my local Target and was able to pick up a Superion. The associate working nearby was able to use the DCPI# I gave her and went to the back to get me one. If anyone else needs the DCPI#, it is 087-060-146.
    Last edited by JetsAndHeels; 06-10-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: found a Superion!! woot woot!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I've never seen Superion. I was in Target's toy section today as a matter of fact.

So I returned all my Transformers from ROTF to Wal-Mart and Target now, but picked up everything I need from Toys R Us on sale and saved $43 or more on the lot of them that I'm keeping.

I took JT's advice and returned Del Wheelie and Del Chromia.

I still have Del. Soundwave and I might want to keep him or I might not. He doesn't seem to do much in the story but float in space and cut off every world government's communications. Heck, we've had public officials that could do that.*

*I've read the entire movie adaptation in comic book form now.

Anyone pick up a few bags of M&M's with TF packaging? The peanut ones were completely gone in the Targets I went to over the weekend. And I saw a new flavor that I'll probably avoid - strawberry peanut butter.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    Anyone pick up a few bags of M&M's with TF packaging? The peanut ones were completely gone in the Targets I went to over the weekend. And I saw a new flavor that I'll probably avoid - strawberry peanut butter.
    The strawberry peanut butter is not that bad actually. There's some sort of mail away offer for a M&M's dispenser. I don't have the link right now but if anyone's interested I can try to find it.

I just opened Leader Class Optimus Prime!

Geeezze he's perfect! I haven't transformed him. Maybe I won't. I want to keep him as (loose) mint as possible. But he definitely blows the previous movie LC Prime figure away by miles!

His arms and legs are well articulated though he doesn't turn at the waist. But his spring out enegeron blades are awesome!

In other news, apparently Deluxe Mudflap, Deluxe Ravage, Deluxe Cannons BumbleBee, and Deluxe Interrogation Barricade are hitting Target on the east coast already (this is Deluxe wave 3).

Preview...............wave 1...................wave 2.....................wave 3

Soundwave.........Rampage.................Wheelie. ....................Ravage
    BumbleBee..........Sideways.................Chromi a....................BumbleBee
    ........................SideSwipe................S kids........................Mudflap
    ........................BumbleBee................B rawl.......................Barricade
    ........................Breakaway................. .............................................
    ........................Soundwave

Unless you really want that LC Prime in truck mode, I would suggest you do not transform him....it is tough, VERY tough. When I transformed mine it took over an hour to get it right. Every peg, every tab, every little nook and cranny..they all have to be in the exact spot for it to work.

I agree however, this LC Prime is da bomb!!

I have been on the lookout for wave 3 deluxe (and I want a Voyager Megs too) but have not seen any as of yet.

I am going to Charlotte next weekend for Heroes Con, so hopefully I will be able to spot some stuff while in that area.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed