Page 364 of 581 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 5801
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Scalpel: holy crap is this thing wild! It comes mistransformed in bot mode, a rather disappointing affair to be quite honest. Transforming back to microscope mode is a lot of "really?!?" but then it works (except for the housing halves that become the thorax, they pop off too easily and often), and you begin to see how friggin' crazy this guy really is. It's only once you get where stuff is supposed to go, how it folds away, what it does, where it couldn't be, and what the microscope becomes that you realize there's more going on. The microscope is great too, but then it's really transforming time, and time to throw away the instructions while you're at it because they're just dead wrong. The real bot that results is a bizarre, poorly-articulated, evil mantis of a robot, but he can really stand, he is fairly stable, and he's just indescribable. Definitely not for most collectors though.
    I've seen Scalpel several times and have picked him up. All times I have ended up setting him back down. The microscope mode is the only thing I htought that looks good.

Speaking of techinical transformers, JT you added a while ago actual working objects that transform, i.e. usb card to ravage and mouse to grimlock. Do you know when or if the U.S. will see these items?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I've seen Scalpel several times and have picked him up. All times I have ended up setting him back down. The microscope mode is the only thing I htought that looks good.

Speaking of techinical transformers, JT you added a while ago actual working objects that transform, i.e. usb card to ravage and mouse to grimlock. Do you know when or if the U.S. will see these items?
    Likely not. But you'll be able to import them from several retailers, including BBTS.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=1997
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Thanks for the HA Sideswipe review, JT.
    Sure thing!

I guess what I said earlier to Tycho holds true!
    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

At that price, I'd like something better than a C+
    I know what you mean, if I didn't dig the car so much and enjoy the idea of it transforming into a bot, it'd be a pass. But I love the alt mode so darn much.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    If you like the idea of a microscope turning into a Decepticon Praying Mantis bot that's too wild, then it's a win. If you don't like the bot mode, it's a really hard figure to recommend though, but I didn't think I'd like the bot mode and turned out loving it, so it's one where if you get a chance to fiddle with one (or buy it from a store that will take a return), then it's worth a shot.

So far, still a no. We don't have the Soundwave MP3 player or Rumble/Frenzy headphones or Optimus Prime trailer ipod dock either, unfortunately. Chaddy's advice about getting them from an import place is your best bet (consider supporting SSG by clicking the BBTS sponsor link on the front page), the new ones on his link are coming out around August 25th, I believe.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A few updates on my HA Sideswipe review.

First, I need to take back what I said about the loose shoulders. It turns out that, although the instructions completely gloss over this, there are clips to hold the shoulder upright into the shell. This makes a considerable difference to the strength of the design. Now, only the left elbow is loose, the rest of the joints are very tight.

Second, there is a peg on each forearm which seems to be made to hold the hole in the back of the human figures, so they can dangle off Sideswipe's forearms for whatever good that does. But there's also a handle hidden inside the backpack kibble which is intentionally there for human figures to hold onto, it's even hinged. Very strange.

Third, also not mentioned in the instructions, but there are 2 tiny fold-out tabs on Sideswipe's midsection to give a wee bit more shape. Doesn't fill in the gappy back though.

Fourth, the instructions have the arms unfold too early, leading to a considerable amount of the frustration and clearance issues hampering the transformation. If you wait until a few steps later, the arms get much more clearance when they start.

Fifth, Epps is a really crummy-looking figure, the legs are too long and the torso too short so he looks like a Yuzzum.

Does any of this change the figure's grade? It might be hovering between "B-" and "C+", but it's still a big kibble backpack and still a hollow torso, still limited hip articulation, and still not a dazzling amount of detail, so for the price I've got to stick with my original grade.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    A few updates on my HA Sideswipe review.

First, I need to take back what I said about the loose shoulders. It turns out that, although the instructions completely gloss over this, there are clips to hold the shoulder upright into the shell. This makes a considerable difference to the strength of the design. Now, only the left elbow is loose, the rest of the joints are very tight.

Second, there is a peg on each forearm which seems to be made to hold the hole in the back of the human figures, so they can dangle off Sideswipe's forearms for whatever good that does. But there's also a handle hidden inside the backpack kibble which is intentionally there for human figures to hold onto, it's even hinged. Very strange.

Third, also not mentioned in the instructions, but there are 2 tiny fold-out tabs on Sideswipe's midsection to give a wee bit more shape. Doesn't fill in the gappy back though.

Fourth, the instructions have the arms unfold too early, leading to a considerable amount of the frustration and clearance issues hampering the transformation. If you wait until a few steps later, the arms get much more clearance when they start.

Fifth, Epps is a really crummy-looking figure, the legs are too long and the torso too short so he looks like a Yuzzum.

Does any of this change the figure's grade? It might be hovering between "B-" and "C+", but it's still a big kibble backpack and still a hollow torso, still limited hip articulation, and still not a dazzling amount of detail, so for the price I've got to stick with my original grade.
    JT - you seem dissatisfied with your purchase. That makes me sad. I will make the ultimate sacrifice and buy him off of you. No need to thank me - everyone's a hero in their own way.

There were 2 HA SideSwipes in my Target this morning. (2 BumbleBee's also - must have just been stocked).

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    JT - you seem dissatisfied with your purchase. That makes me sad. I will make the ultimate sacrifice and buy him off of you. No need to thank me - everyone's a hero in their own way.
    Or you could just buy the one on the shelves that I won't be buying. Sadly, I'm looking for any reason whatsoever to not buy ROTF toys these days. I've only bought 7 thus far and 5 of those were either Legends class or Robot Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Or you could just buy the one on the shelves that I won't be buying. Sadly, I'm looking for any reason whatsoever to not buy ROTF toys these days. I've only bought 7 thus far and 5 of those were either Legends class or Robot Heroes.
    I've only bought two - Leader prime and HABB. I intend to buy all the HA's, because even if the figures aren't perfect, I think it's a line worth supporting (since it could potentially translate into broadening the line to other continuities - oh, who am I kidding? I just like the damn things). The only mainline figure I'm looking for is Scalpel and maybe the ice cream twins, but I refuse to hunt for them.

I've meant to post my comparison pictures of the Devastator / Constructicon set next to Legends Mudflap and Scout Dune Runner.

You can see here that Mixmaster and Scavenger are waaaay too big. Making Devastator a 7-Constructicons team might have resolved some of that.

Scrapper might be too big as well.

Strange choices by Hasbro because when you look at what they did for the individual robots, Rampage and Long Haul are the legs, but the first is a Deluxe and the second is a Voyager. And in real life, an earth-mover (dump truck) is way bigger than the bulldozer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000351.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	21204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000352.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	21205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000355.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	21206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000356.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	21207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000357.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	21208  

Now I, Retardicus Prime, command Mudflap to transform and attack!

But Dorkatron, also a role filled by me, orders the Constructicons to merge and form Devastator!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000358.jpg 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	21209   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000359.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	21210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000361.jpg 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	21211   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000363.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	21213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000366.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	21214