Page 374 of 595 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 5942
    I was going to try to pick up a Leader figure at TRU also, but things were so hectic there at midnight Friday I couldn't. The store was nothing short of chaotic, because of the way things were organized. The management had it set up so that the lines for electronics zig-zagged through the actual merchandise aisles...so you can imagine how difficult it was to try to get to the goods.

I asked 2 different employees to help me with the matter, but things were so busy it wasn't possible.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

At both my TRUs, they had zig-zags taped throughout the front half of the store, but by mid-day it was totally unnecessary, sales were barely looking more than normal. It was like that at Best Buy as well, the second one had rented people-gates outside showing how it was the early morning but by mid-day, totally pointless. The only section that was busy was the computer area really.

Did you get anything good for your troubles?

As to Megatron, I compared him to Ultra Magnus, they're the same size and Megs is bigger in alt mode, so that's a very good thing, not usual for Leader-class Megs these days to stack up against an Autobot. The barrel of Megs' gun rotates which makes a big difference to the alt mode look, and with the gun panel removed, the alt mode has a secret hidden nose-wheel that folds down. All in all, this is a decent fig, I'm really glad TRU extended their doorbuster hours, and I bet so are they, we spent another $30 on top of the $70 in sales items we got.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

With the A-Team movie coming out soon, I propose they make Transformers cross-overs!

BA could become the famous van!
    Faceman would become his white Corvette.
    Murdoch would become a helicopter.
    Hannibal should become a wrecking crane!

Then they could do military vehicles and make them turn into Decker and the other dude.

Updates could make new A-Team versions of the strike unit with:

BA as a bulldozer
    Faceman in another sportscar form
    Murdoch as a jet plane
    Hannibal as a garbage truck
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Did you get anything good for your troubles?
    Nope...after all that frustration and the fact that the store was a madhouse, I just wanted to get out.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Nope...after all that frustration and the fact that the store was a madhouse, I just wanted to get out.
    That sucks, sorry to hear it. And then they went and extended doorbuster prices for the whole day anyway.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Any more questions you'd like us to ask Hasbro about the TF line? We're really low on questions this round and Tycho already had his turn at taking over Q&A, so anything you ask will likely get used at this point.

Post it in here or better yet in the Q&A thread: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...315#post707315

Dunno if you'd want to ask or not, but maybe we could get Hasbro's thoughts on IDW rebooting their comic series three times now, or, if we don't want to be so abrasive, are the hybrid G1/Movie designs appearing in the comic Hasbro's idea or IDW's?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

What do you mean rebooted 3 times? Which ones? I know they just rebooted with AHM, but there's another?

There was the original premise, to be entirely set on Earth. People didn't like the humans, and the second series was something of a soft reboot, set on Cybertron.

Megatron: Origin was written for publication at Dreamwave and fits more into that continuity. It's pretty incompatible with the rest of the IDW universe. I don't even count it.

All Hail Megatron was a total reboot, then retconned (clumsily) into the previous continuity. Continuum actually re-wrote quite a few of the events of the pre-AHM stories.

Now, this series seems to be set a few years after AHM, with Earth totally rebuilt from the Decepticons practically destroying it, and the Autobots in hiding on Earth for reasons I'm not sure about since I'm waiting for paperbacks. So definitely two hard reboots, three if you count the retconning of AHM into the previous continuity.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm curious Chuxter: I know you can write. Ever want to write and put your own "fix" to the Transformers comics and continuity issues?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.