Page 378 of 566 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428478 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 5656
    NEST sub-series figures showing up at Target stores across SoCal. I picked up Dirge at West Hollywood Target tonight, was the only dlx on the pegs. I got lucky.

His bio is a really odd one, not really a bio at all, just an explanation of how the figure ties into the NEST concept (answer: poorly). I'm opening him in a few, looks good though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

First thoughts on Dirge... This figure is craaaaazy! The instructions have to use BOTH sides! Even without the little adjustments that take a few steps, Dirge has a mountain of stuff moving, rotating, folding, even sliding around. One of the most complex transformations for a deluxe in recent memory, but not in a bad way. Alt mode has a little cheating leaving some stuff as kibble on the lower half, but it's not a "fat" undercarriage at least. The whole alt mode design seems like a slightly chibi Harrier. I dig the changeup to the way the nose wheel is stowed, it's minor but makes me happy. Bot mode is a mishmash of colors, the yellow and caramel-bronze don't exactly play well but it's not too garish. It's got twin Mech Alive gimmicks, move the shoulders and a toothed gear pectoral rotates. Some nice sculpting all around but not super-detailed like some. The fake cockpit chest is cute (the real cockpit is the right arm), the Bayformer conehead is a little odd in every way but not terrible, you can split the cone to make the world's ugliest hat. They put a lot of homage into the design, but it's also a good figure on its own and not at all Bayformer-esque in the body design (well, the knees tend to bend slightly backwards for balance but it's really minor) - plus, real missile launchers unlike the G1 turd-weapons, and some kibble turns into a permanently-attached little shield on the forearm. The wings are kibble, but movable. There's some new stuff in the transformation, I dig how the feet reveal from the inlets. Articulation is swivel neck, rotation shoulders, sideways hinge sholders, rotating upper biceps, hinge elbows, no waist, ball-joint hips, rotation upper thighs, double-hinge knees, multi-joint ankles, and some multi-joint articulation to the wing kibble at the lower legs. All in all, very good.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks for that review on Dirge, JT. I'll look forward to getting him. At West Hollywood Target in about a week or two when they restock

Sure thing. Best of luck finding him.

I love the looks on the employees' faces in the days right after christmas when they have to deal with the utter carnage that used to be the toy section. I straightened their SW pegs last night without organizing, nearly half the figures were on the shelf or floor. I turn around for 2 minutes and when I come back there are half a dozen figures back on the shelf and floor.

There were a lot of Dirges at my Wal-Mart - and Armorhide, too. Both Deluxes looked really good and tempted me. I've had to tell myself "I don't need them" every time I'm in the store. I'm keeping my eyes open for Human Alliance Barricade - that's what I'm doing.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The only new figure in this wave is Dirge, Armorhide is a repaint from the first movie line.

Dirge comes with a new catalog for the NEST line, new Deluxes and Voyagers but no Scouts at all. Oddly, a few new RPMs too. Dirge also comes with a NEST sticker which I'm pretty sure is part of a mail-in but there's no mention anywhere I could find.

I got Dirge yesterday but have not opened him yet. Probably will tomorrow.

I want that Bludgeon figure pretty bad!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Yeah, Bludgeon is going to be an on-the-spot buy for me too.

Speaking of on-the-spot buys, someone at TFW posted movie-line Lockdown loose pics:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...review-168937/

Can anyone find me a Legends Class Jetfire, please?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Can anyone find me a Legends Class Jetfire, please?
    I'll keep an eye out for one...although I haven't seen one in a while.

A buddy of mine called me up about 7 this morning and told me he found Bludgeon at his local Walmart. Naturally, I asked him to pick one up for me. I will get it tonight. Can't wait!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed