Page 384 of 578 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 5778
    Hmmm. I may have to buy SeaSpray for use as a human-craft in my dioramas. I think the military had them in ROTF. There should be a cool new military scout class vehicle I could get to use with him.

I have to look at SeaSpray's colors again. I can't use the G1 bright blue and yellow. I need an ugly army green one.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

No!!!!!! The upcoming "Transformers Prime" animated series will be produced by Kurtzman/Orci.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    No!!!!!! The upcoming "Transformers Prime" animated series will be produced by Kurtzman/Orci.
    Bob and Alex are actually really smart, talented guys. I blame Bay for the movies. As long as this doesn't connect to the movieverse, I think it'll be cool. Besides, in what capacity they'll be producing is still a mystery.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Looks like TF:Prime will also be CGI. I guess Lucas has inspired Hasbro to go back to the ol' CG well with TF. I hope it'll be Clone Wars-esque CG and not ugly cell-shading like Energon was.

Having seen Orci & Kurtzman talk at the '09 Botcon, I have a new appreciation for them as a pair of guys. However, watching their movies and TV shows, and listening to their commentary on the Star Trek IV blu-ray, I really don't have much positive to say about them as writers. They are super focused on the wrong stuff, on acts and cliches and meanings and homages rather than just making work for work's sake. Comparing STIV's commentary with them to STII's commentary with Nick Meyer and Manny "I'm a Fan!" Coto is like night and day - Meyer talks about art and drama and acts not being important, compared to them Orci & Kurtzman come off very much more on the side of it being a job, pleasing the studio by using formulas to get the movie by the audience.

That said, for a cartoon I would think that would probably work in their favor. On the other OTHER hand, listening to the writers from the G1 series talk about writing that, even they had more integrity and ideas that they got to use there than Orci & Kurtzman's TF movies (and said so, which I respected) despite them writing a show they were directly told was to sell toys (although Hasbro let them run pretty loose with the sci-fi and character elements so long as big H could insert their new toy characters).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Bludgeon is mine. Oyes. I will update when I open him.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Bludgeon is indeed one sweet figure. I've loved the character for ages, ever since the comic turned him from one of the lamest Pretenders of all into the uber-badarse Decepticon who was the final leader before they were driven into exile. They did a great job with making him as much a skeletal samurai as is possible in a non-Pretender.

My only problem with him is, given the nature of Bludgeon (and what fanboy would go apesnot over him without knowing who he is? I notice Tycho hasn't really gotten excited about him), he should have rotating wrists. I wanted to display him the way I display many of my Joe ninjas who aren't in scenes, holding the sword in a defensive posture across his chest, but it's not possible with the wrist construction.

Oh, and I also saw a TRU exclusive Bludgeon vs Whirl today, and thought it was pretty clever that this version's bio seems to be a continuation of the one on that set. But, really, "Bludgeon was nearly destroyed by a fight with the Metallikato master Autobot Whirl"? C'mon, that's jacked. Whirl may be awesome, but Bludgeon could eradicate all traces of him in less than three minutes. An intelligence score of merely 5 isn't in line with the glory that is Bludgeon, either.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Bludgeon is indeed one sweet figure. I've loved the character for ages, ever since the comic turned him from one of the lamest Pretenders of all into the uber-badarse Decepticon who was the final leader before they were driven into exile. They did a great job with making him as much a skeletal samurai as is possible in a non-Pretender.

My only problem with him is, given the nature of Bludgeon (and what fanboy would go apesnot over him without knowing who he is? I notice Tycho hasn't really gotten excited about him), he should have rotating wrists. I wanted to display him the way I display many of my Joe ninjas who aren't in scenes, holding the sword in a defensive posture across his chest, but it's not possible with the wrist construction.

Oh, and I also saw a TRU exclusive Bludgeon vs Whirl today, and thought it was pretty clever that this version's bio seems to be a continuation of the one on that set. But, really, "Bludgeon was nearly destroyed by a fight with the Metallikato master Autobot Whirl"? C'mon, that's jacked. Whirl may be awesome, but Bludgeon could eradicate all traces of him in less than three minutes. An intelligence score of merely 5 isn't in line with the glory that is Bludgeon, either.
    I have to agree with you, Chux - Bludgeon is a really, really cool figure. I got mine from Azon yesterday and could not be happier about the purchase. In addition to him being a really cool character, both modes are impressive, the transformation scheme is fun, and the features (katana, dagger, hidden storage place as well as sheathes for both) are spectacular. A really nice figure. Can't wait to pair the ultimate assassin with the ultimate bounty hunter when I find Lockdown.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

All the great reviews are making me regret passing up Bludgeon weeks ago. I haven't seen any since.

I saw the new voyagers today at Target !! They had the new optimus prime (repaint) and the stealth bomber robot dude (forgot his name!!) They both looked sweet though ! Also they had the legends 2 packs. The stealth bomber guy is Mindwipe, I just looked it up !
    Last edited by RUSHBOY; 02-11-2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: found the voyager's name

I didn't even realize Amazon had current TFs. I see HA Barricade for $35 and Bludgeon there for $21, I'm going to order them both.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.