Page 387 of 593 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 5922
    D'oh! Everything at once is frustrating, especially when it's not me finding it. Good get tho'.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My friend passed on Mindwipe - PM me if you want it, otherwise it's going back to Target. I might have an extra Lockdown too.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    My friend passed on Mindwipe - PM me if you want it, otherwise it's going back to Target. I might have an extra Lockdown too.
    Thanks for the offer. How much was it before tax, do you remember?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Here are the photos. I'm feeling horrible today, so they are cheap, quick & dirty cellphone shots, sorry.

Here's how Hasbro thinks this figure should look:
    http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...6188908311.jpg
    http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...6188862324.jpg

Here's how I think it was actually designed:
    http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...6188621430.jpg
    http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...6188673497.jpg

Oh, and I measured it, nearly an entire inch different. That'd be a foot and a half in real scale.

I dunno what it is, I cannot get this to work. I need to lock down a camera and align the subject, but I'm way too exhausted for that. I took a few more compare photos, but only these are close, and the stupid slight difference in shot angle plus hasbro's angled chest kills what I'm getting at:
    Short & dumpy:
    http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...6190931370.jpg
    Tall & tough:
    http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...6191132478.jpg

Here's a couple more shots I wasted my time with:
    Studly:
    http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...6190464558.jpg
    Dudly:
    http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...6190868880.jpg

I picked up the Target Legends Smokescreen/Starscream pack on clearance yesterday for only $4.88.

Human Alliance:

Disgruntlement (sort of): I'll be buying 1 MORE HA BumbleBee (at least).

I really like the way my HA BumbleBee looks fighting with SideSwipe and having Skids as a vehilce - the same way I plan to use Mudflap when I get him. I'll add the motorcycle with Arcee and Simmons figure with Epps, Sam, and Mikaela.

I'll need a separate BumbleBee to pose with Barricade. I still have not opened Barricade yet. I realize now that it's because I don't want him to replace SideSwipe in my display like I'd originally intended. So I won't. Now I can happily get to opening Barricade. The HA collection needs Decepticons so badly! [Sideways with Alice (inc both human pretender and robot versions of her) / Rampage w. Prisoner Sam Witwicky - just make them already, Hasbro!!!]

Next, Jazz with Capt. Lennox. *Sigh* I was never one of Jazz's biggest fans, even back in G1 days. But I actually like him, I just liked Wheeljack (for one) much more. Hound and Mirage were also more interesting - by good margins.

I really wanted a Capt. / Maj. Lennox figure, but Jazz is dead. I guess Barricade is as well, but he's a good enemy for BumbleBee - though so would be Rampage.

Jazz best goes with Megatron and Optimus Prime for that final Mission City battle. I don't know if we'll ever see anything close to HA Megatron or Prime however. They do make Transformers that big though: Ultimate BumbleBee comes to mind, as well as Omega Supreme, Ultimate Devastator from the new movie line, too. Prime or Megatron haven't been done that big before to my knowledge though.

Who would a giant HA Prime or Megatron come with? Sam Witwicky (again) works in most cases. Simmons with Prime could work though - from when Prime tried to scare him in the first movie. Sam in a different outfit would be alright, too. Or they could include 2 figures with Prime: Sam and Mikaela.

A HA Ironhide would have always worked best for Lennox.

Secretary of Defense Keller (John Voight) could be made with Megatron (the jet from the first movie) and you could include Glen the computer hacker (Anthony Anderson) with him as well -or in such a high price-point, repack the Deluxe Scorponok. I think he'd be the right size.

A Megatron from the 2nd movie should include The Doctor Insecticon (Scalpel?) and what not.

Anyway, I'm glad the HA is continuing with Jazz, though he's not who I would have asked for. Besides, isn't Pontiac out of business anyway? Or should they include President Obama with Jazz since he's the CEO now anyway?
    BTW, Obama is the CIC in Transformers anyway. He's just off-screen in the movie.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

First off, Tycho... um, not to rain on your parade, but this just came to me: Barricade fought '76 Camaro Bumblebee, not 2010 Camaro BB, so buying another HA BB will get you the wrong figure there.

So, HA Jazz & Lennox come with a motorcycle, but instead of a robot the bike transforms into a weapon emplacement. I guess this is the scene taking out Blackout. I'm not complaining, the Pontiac Solstice is a pretty dinky car and Jazz was the smallest in the movie.

I transformed all 3 of my HA figures yesterday (I don't have Skids, nor do I intend to) and my opinion of Barricade within the series improved slightly, while my opinion of the other 2 cooled a little more. What is with Hasbro's need to neuter hands in this line? Only Sideswipe gets away with 2, and he's got swords stuck to both of 'em. Bumblebee is needlessly obtuse and frustratingly sloppy in design, stuff like his chest is fully unacceptable, and why not have the chairs fold flat against the forearms at least? The pegs for the figures to stand in the hands of most of the figures is a very Japanese idea IMO, and they put it on Barricade but they didn't include a rotation joint in the forearm anywhere so he has to hold his entire arm straight out to do it - whoops! Barricade is the same height as BB at the head, but has taller kibble (it's in the film, so it's not REALLY kibble, but we all know what the score is). All 3 have decent extra weapons in the form of stuff intended for Human Alliance interaction, BB has the forearm twin blaster and the shoulder mortars or whatever they are, Sideswipe has the shoulder gun and chair cannon/missile launcher, and Barricade has the chest guns and shoulder-mounted rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    First off, Tycho... um, not to rain on your parade, but this just came to me: Barricade fought '76 Camaro Bumblebee, not 2010 Camaro BB, so buying another HA BB will get you the wrong figure there.
    It'll be close enough. And I don't want Hasbro to expend resources doing a '70's Camaro HA Figure while the line severely lacks Decepticons.

The name of the line "Human Alliance" makes it inaccurate if they do Decepticons, but Alice looks like a human most of the time, and Ron Witwicky's "alliance" is coerced by Rampage.

They could do so much more if they go up the scale and issue Ultimate figures with these interactive mini-figures. People paid a lot for Devastator - why wouldn't they for Prime, Ironhide, Megatron, and Starscream?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I've heard "Human Defiance" bounced around as the Decepticon subline. I like it!
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!