Page 388 of 581 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388389390391392398438488 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 5801
    I joined the Bludgeoners Club today!

Also found/bought TFA Cybertron Ratchet at TRU. Oddly there were 10 of him and none of Arcee.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I joined the Bludgeoners Club today!

Also found/bought TFA Cybertron Ratchet at TRU. Oddly there were 10 of him and none of Arcee.
    Was that at Los Feliz TRU? I have a feeling they might have been picked off in the back room. Unless someone showed up and just bought all 10 Arcees, because I've never heard anyone say they found even one Arcee there and I know people that have been checking regularly. Besides, they usually sell in closer to even numbers (even though Arcee is more popular). Boo, LF TRU. Tre boo.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I had a great toy weekend.

Friday I got Mindwipe.

Saturday I got Lockdown, Brawn, Ratchet, Strike Mission Sideswipe.

Plus a bunch of the new CW figures but that is for another thread.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I've seen Mindwipe in the stores here, Steve. He looks really cool. Let us know what you think when you open him.

I didn't particularly need the figure, but I dig that kind of stealth plane.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Hmm, Mindwipe looks pretty cool from the small pic I found on Hasbrotoyshop. I might have to consider that one.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I will make sure to let you know my thoughts about Mindwipe, Josh. I will probably open him tomorrow, since I am going through a bunch of Armada and Energon figures I just bought from a friend of mine here.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Was that at Los Feliz TRU? I have a feeling they might have been picked off in the back room. Unless someone showed up and just bought all 10 Arcees, because I've never heard anyone say they found even one Arcee there and I know people that have been checking regularly. Besides, they usually sell in closer to even numbers (even though Arcee is more popular). Boo, LF TRU. Tre boo.
    Yes, it was at Los Feliz TRU.

I picked up Lockdown at Target today. He is different enough from the Animated mold that I decided to give it a try. I would've bought Brawn as well but didn't think I'd like it too much.

Lockdown is just as awesome as Bludgeon is! I'm glad I decided to get him.

TRU La Cienega had half a dozen Cybertron Ratchets, zero Arcees which naturally is the figure I'm looking for. I have a very bad feeling about this mess, and it bodes poorly for the other figures coming out in TF:A, not to mention the SW exclusive wave.

I was wondering, has anybody picked up Brakedown? Opinions on it? I keep seeing this figure and keep passing because it looks super bland and the Scout pricepoint is too high at my local Target.

I picked up Deluxes on Target's $10 sale at La Cienega Target: Lockdown, Ratchet, Brawn. Same store also had a single scout Divebomb (red baron repaint of Ransack, I would have bought but low on cash), which meant I missed Skystalker.

Lockdown is very cool. Vehicle mode is a clever reinterpretation of the animated character. Ground clearance is close, and can be bottomed out by positioning the thighs, wheels, or even claw wrong. Transformation is interesting, and would be fun if not for the shoulders popping out of their joints too easily, and their kibble getting in the way. Bot mode is pretty good, but the small number of kibble pieces are a little frustrating on such a skinny figure. The right hand being a permanent hook (a rubbery one) is a weird choice, but it fits I guess. He's tall and fairly well articulated, especially the head and lower body, though his arms are simple ball shoulders and hinge elbows, and he has no waist. Lots of sculpted detailing. The head has great light-piping in bright red-orange, it's intense; the head is meant to be raised up high on its joint and then have its chin pulled away from the neck, the middle of the neck being bent forward a little too, this makes him look more like the character and keeps the neck from looking too flat, which it can too easily. Attaching dlx movie Ratchet's EMP missile launcher gun (a bland, standard-gun type of design) keeps his left arm permanently bent. His blower is smaller and has no gimmick, it can't even attach to this Ratchet figure which IMO is a huge blunder. Overall, pretty good, lots of great detail in both modes, huge, but a little frustrating due to small kibble issues and easily-popped shoulders and hips.

Ratchet is crap in alt mode. Small and mountains of bot kibble sticking out the bottom and even noticeable in the back of the "truck bed", plus there's a nasty gap above the front wheels. Transformation is annoying and very panel oriented, there are a small number of good ideas in a few spots but they are dreadfully lost in execution. Bot mode is pretty weak sauce. It's the movie 1 character, but he's been sick lately and lost weight, then slapped on a few big kibble pieces on his hips and shoulders to make up for it. The chest is way hollow from the side, and somewhat from the front too, and it's awful for it. They concentrated more on the moving fog lights, then gave them no shape and made them dark blue so they get totally lost. The legs have basically no detail, they're blobby, and don't even have paint to help pick up the pieces. The big kibble hip panels have so little detail it's insulting. The arms are in the same boat, but less articulation and the right arm has ugly gears and springs for the gun gimmick. The head is like Ratchet if he were a robot bird, and light-piped in such a dark color that more light shines through the plastic around the eyes than the eyes themselves. Articulation is fair, but a lot of it is limited. The gun is ok, and I like the gimmick concept - mount it to the forearm and the forearm clamps around the side and back, adding another element - but the gears don't lock down, and the springs are so strong they often shoot the gun back off the forearm. I think the most annoying thing about this figure, and there's a lot to be annoyed by, is that it fails little by little everywhere, and any fan could have seen ways to avoid its myriad problems. I'm half tempted to take this figure back for sucking, but then I would have returned both the deluxe and the voyager class Ratchets for that.

Brawn is pretty cool in alt mode, but the focus on the round rail bars would probably be cooler if I owned the new Ironhide with the clip-on weapons system. As it is, Brawn is an armored truck with a satellite antenna and long rifle permanently mounted to the roof, a bunch of thick armored railing around the back, and almost entirely cast in dark olive which combined with the simple deco makes it a bit more drab than it deserves. The rifle can pivot up 45 degrees, but can't turn. No kibble to speak of, provided you don't pick it up and see the bot head and chest sitting right in the middle of the undercarriage. Transformation isn't too bad for something with this much panel action, but the hips pop off way too easily, and the instructions overthink and confuse issues too. Robot mode is an odd, kibbly thing, but not entirely bad. The entirety of the truck ends up as shell parts on the back, shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees, to the point of being shameful. The bot himself is dark silver, dark green, a greenish metallic color, and a few red accents. The head is an odd armored look with black, beady eyes lost in black paint - they're lightpiped but such a dark color and an odd angle that it doesn't come through at all. The figure transforms with twin pistols in hand, they'd be pretty cool if they weren't half-translucent and half the same color as his fists, that was a boneheaded choice. The pistols can store inside the back kibble, there's a small tab which corresponds to a slot in the pistols' grips. The rifle is permanently attached to the back, hinged in several spots to end up over either shoulder. Sculpting is fair, not outstanding but detail everywhere you look, and not all matching. Articulation is decent. I think I like this figure a little, but it is an odd duck and kibbly as all get-out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

TRU La Cienega did not have those TFA Cybertron Ratchets on Saturday.

Everyone and their mother seems to want TFA Arcee. Is it because she's the closest thing to a G1 Arcee?