Page 410 of 578 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 5774
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Tycho, how funny, I bought HA Jazz at Target today as well.
    I want to find Mudflap but wondered if Hasbro pulled back on him for any reason (due to abyssmal sales of Skids?). Simmons isn't as exciting as Mikaela for obvious reasons, but we want both the twins, plus DECEPTICONS for this line:

Rampage with Sam Witwicky as Prisoner (Human Nemesis Line)

Sideways with Alice driver (Isabel Lucas) (Human Nemesis Line) and her Cybertronian form.

A Legends Ravage perhaps packed in - maybe even with a HN scaled Soundwave.

Scrapper - with an EU robot form and maybe another version of Lennox packed in.

I'm looking for movie DECEPTICONS in a scale do-able for this Alternator-substitute sized BayFormer line.

Michael Bay is awesome!

JediTricks pointed out that a characteristic of the line is the human figure interacts with the Cybertronian in 'bot mode.

Well, the bots could have prisoner cages for the good-guy human characters. Rampage was actually shown with his in the movie.

Ravage could launch out of Soundwave.

Alice is fine interacting with Sideways because they're both Decepticons like Frenzy and Barricade are.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Wow, you guys both found it? I was at Target recently and no dice.

TRU LA Cienega had Battle Ops BB for $60. It's a pretty big one, I think this won't sell for crap but not because of the quality of the toy, just the price and the market is horribly oversaturated. But conceptually it had more going on, and the transforming gun hand KINDA makes sense now.

Tycho, I've heard that argument before, and I cannot accept it. That's nowhere near enough justification for an action figure, the figures are supposed to interact in MULTIPLE ways with the bots, not come with a human in a box. You are trying to put the cart before the horse. The existing figures can stand in the bots' hands, have dedicated weapons in multiple locations, and secondary seating. It'd make no sense to have Ron Witwicky interacting that way with a Decepticon.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, you need to then help me figure out a way to justify the smaller Decepticons that could be made for this line in that scale.

It's Autobots vs DECEPTICONS, remember.

Not GM's car show, though they could make Jolt with President Obama and Timothy Geithner bailout features.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I cannot, I have given it thought, we have discussed it before, I cannot think of a reasonable justification. The only thing close that I have in mind right now is evil humans who rebel against humanity to join the Decepticons, but that's a lot of narrative to get across without entertainment support.

They could also do something like more Frenzy figures, more human-sized mini-robot companions, maybe include a clear humanoid "hologram" version as well, but it's still a lot of narrative. And ultimately, there just aren't many compelling Decepticons from the movie-verse that could fit the bill. Sideways isn't an eye-catcher, it needs casual consumer support (kids, really) and without entertainment support, kids get fickle quickly.

The problem is that you're trying to sell a $35 toy, that's a big pricepoint to get across, it needs a LOT of help. Recognizablity is very important. And ultimately, it's an immense risk, lots of development costs, especially tooling, so they are far less likely to jump into an idea like this than a $12 deluxe.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Found Drift and Thrust at Target today. They're about $3 cheaper than TRU and Wal-Mart at the moment.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

JT, it looks like you found HA Jazz today. I found mine at Glendale Target.

I have a feeling your review of it isn't going to be that great. Alt mode is pretty good but bot mode suffers from too much exposure on the sides, somewhat like Deluxe Ironhide.

Do you guys NOT want Decepticons on the HA size scale (the smaller D's obviously)?

Why don't you care if these HA Scale Decepticons ever get made?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Found Drift and Thrust at Target today. They're about $3 cheaper than TRU and Wal-Mart at the moment.
    WM Duarte had tags out for $9 deluxes, they weren't in the system but I got them to sell me another Drift for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, it looks like you found HA Jazz today. I found mine at Glendale Target.

I have a feeling your review of it isn't going to be that great. Alt mode is pretty good but bot mode suffers from too much exposure on the sides, somewhat like Deluxe Ironhide.
    I actually like this figure, the alt mode's ground clearance is less than a millimeter, but the stuff showing in the back isn't too bad. The seams are a bit of an issue, and the interior is the worst yet (poor Lennox is getting shot in the junk), but the alt mode works (it's a bit above scale but works with the other HA nicely none the less). The instructions are pure crap though, it's like they didn't even get to handle the figure before drawing them up, they missed the shoulder seat, got the bike transformation quite wrong, missed the fold-up headlight panel details, stopped the thigh armor transformation 90 degrees early, and start the transformation with a panel that can't move until the rear fenders are popped. I like the alt mode, it's a different take on HA than we're used to but it works alright IMO. I'll get into all that more tomorrow though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Do you guys NOT want Decepticons on the HA size scale (the smaller D's obviously)?

Why don't you care if these HA Scale Decepticons ever get made?
    It has nothing to do with "want", whether or not I want something won't make a significant difference to its reality. I want a million bucks delivered to my door every day by Scarlett Johansson, I want to be allowed to drive 120mph at all times, I want to see Michael Bay brought up on charges at the Hague - but none of that is really going to happen because it's unrealistic. Hasbro may have ideas on how to keep HA alive with more Decepticons added, but so far, they've kept to their pattern of Autobot releases and shown no future for the line. The number of reasons for why Decepticons are unlikely to work are myriad, starting with the fact that there aren't any more NOTABLE recognizable Decepticon characters in the movie-verse that could fit into this concept or pricepoint/scale, and continuing through the fact that Autobots outsell Decepticons especially in Japan, finally stopping on the high amount of risk from the tremendous tooling costs these things incur as it lays now becoming massively riskier the further away from the current concept it gets. Using everything I've learned from Hasbro Q&As, I still cannot come up with a strong argument for adding more Decepticons for it, not by a long shot. Ultimately, the problem isn't passion, it's not about what you desperately want, it's about good ideas to actually make it possible, and nobody here including yourself has any because it doesn't fit the line.

Opened Thrust and Drift today. Loving Thrust (especially the removeable jet thingies), but not seeing all the praise for Drift, who's just okay.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Opened Thrust and Drift today. Loving Thrust (especially the removeable jet thingies), but not seeing all the praise for Drift, who's just okay.
    Drift is attitude, you have to work on the posing and such to get the most out of him. Without messing with poses and such, I agree that the figure is merely ok.