Page 428 of 565 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 5648
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Transformation looks complex and difficult, it's an oddity to be sure,
    This is one reason why I think he looks so cool!

Part of the playability with the line, and what you've got to admire, is the engineering / designing that goes into these things.

They may make it already, but jets and cars that transform sideways or turn inside-out would be an awesome new step for Transformers to take.

The figures could wind up being shorter than usual, and they will have to figure out how to cost-out good articulation and weapons, features, etc.

Possibly why Highbrow is shorter is he may have been intended for the Deluxe line at one point, and couldn't fit in there for cost reasons.

If you had a Deluxe Autobot car that transformed side-ways, or inside-out, and you wanted to retain a normal standard of height and articulation, you might have to add doubled-up panels in the transformation to extend legs and arms, yet retain some thickness for aesthetic reasons.

So you package them at a higher pricepoint.

I'd be OK with Hasbro doing this - but publically discuss this so we don't have to listen to all the complainers talking about why " a Deluxe figure " is Voyager classified, etc.

Who would I have designed in such a manner? Probably new characters - just like Highbrow might be (I don't know if he is, but I suspect).

The traditional characters should maintain their traditional transformations. But that's just my preference. You have some leeway with Megatron who's now (in the movies) always changing his alt-form.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

So, these "Reveal the Shield" figures.... Do the stores consider them movie figures? Meaning does every store around have to clear out a crap-ton of Skids and Mudflap before I might find Jazz or Tracks?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    So, these "Reveal the Shield" figures.... Do the stores consider them movie figures? Meaning does every store around have to clear out a crap-ton of Skids and Mudflap before I might find Jazz or Tracks?
    I heard that Hasbro gave the RTS figs the same assortment number as the HFD figs, so... maybe.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I was afraid of that. This makes me sad.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I was afraid of that. This makes me sad.
    Well, it's a double-edged sword, RTS replaces not only HFTD but Generations, so it actually should have more pegspace in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    This is one reason why I think he looks so cool!

Part of the playability with the line, and what you've got to admire, is the engineering / designing that goes into these things.

They may make it already, but jets and cars that transform sideways or turn inside-out would be an awesome new step for Transformers to take.

The figures could wind up being shorter than usual, and they will have to figure out how to cost-out good articulation and weapons, features, etc.

Possibly why Highbrow is shorter is he may have been intended for the Deluxe line at one point, and couldn't fit in there for cost reasons.

If you had a Deluxe Autobot car that transformed side-ways, or inside-out, and you wanted to retain a normal standard of height and articulation, you might have to add doubled-up panels in the transformation to extend legs and arms, yet retain some thickness for aesthetic reasons.

So you package them at a higher pricepoint.

I'd be OK with Hasbro doing this - but publically discuss this so we don't have to listen to all the complainers talking about why " a Deluxe figure " is Voyager classified, etc.

Who would I have designed in such a manner? Probably new characters - just like Highbrow might be (I don't know if he is, but I suspect).

The traditional characters should maintain their traditional transformations. But that's just my preference. You have some leeway with Megatron who's now (in the movies) always changing his alt-form.
    Couldn't read the rest of the words in that sentence you quoted, huh?

The engineering generally doesn't impress me. I've got engineers and toolmakers in my family, I know what goes into making this stuff, it's clever but in some ways it's less complex than a simple button in the space shuttle. Each is a neat thing on its own, but it's more the expression of the concept in the vacuum of the brand that I'm interested in, not the overall. Heck, I've built transforming robot/vehicles with LEGO all my life, it's not a new concept.

Highbrow isn't smaller because he's more complex or because he was planned as a deluxe, he's smaller because - like with a lot of TFs lately - Hasbro has gotten cheap and is shrinking the figures to cost-save. First they push up the pricepoint a few bucks, then the shrink the figures down when they can't go higher than the market will accept.

And using existing transformation schemes on classic characters is lazy. What's the point? We already have been there and done that, there are more ideas now, more complexities, more nuances, and still almost no jet transformers that avoid having a mountain of robot kibble junk hanging underneath.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I know why they push the pricepoint up (to make more profit) but what I don't know - is if size (specifically the minute difference between Voyager and Deluxe sizes) matters much in cost of the plastic.

Can someone enlighten me about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I know why they push the pricepoint up (to make more profit) but what I don't know - is if size (specifically the minute difference between Voyager and Deluxe sizes) matters much in cost of the plastic.

Can someone enlighten me about this?
    Yes, smaller toy, less material.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yes, smaller toy, less material.
    Also, less tooling/molds to make deluxes than voyagers.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Also, less tooling/molds to make deluxes than voyagers.
    You misunderstand, we're talking about both deluxes and voyagers being shrunken from previous iterations to save on costs.