Page 431 of 591 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 5907
    In fairness, Thunderwing was a G1 toy before he appeared in the comic book. Part of the big deal with him is how they made such a POS toy into such a badarse super-Decepticon.

I'd definitely count Bludgeon as a "figure in another line who pretty much counts," and possibly Banzai-Tron, too, since the character was so insanely minor and didn't transform.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Interesting. Do you slide the hands out of the forearms or leave them there? I just tried it, the alignment on the arms doesn't look nice in anything I've come up with, just looks like arms. I fold the forearms all the way back and it fills a little better and squares off, but it's still got those hands.
    I tuck the hands close to the hood of the car, open towards his body. They're relatively hidden there.

As for the other g1 figs, I think you're spot on with your list of what would be cool to get. As for re-do's, I think Galvatron and Powerglide are good candidates. They just weren't good molds. Starscream WAS re-released with better colors. Did you know about it, or was this not strong enough for you? http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/uni...arscream-1898/
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Cool list, JediTricks. I love listing things!

I've made a list of the Dark Of The Moon purchases I plan to make:

(these are not confirmed toys yet, but highly probable).

Voyager Class collection (includes others that are scaled right):

HAVE ALREADY: Optimus Prime, Del Ironhide, Del Ratchet.

Want:

Leader Class Silverbolt (if he does appear)*

Voy Megatron
    Voy Starscream
    Del Security Truck (Deception) - could be Shockwave
    Del Dreads (x2) Chevy Suburbans (Decepticons)
    Legends Soundwave - is this the right scale for SW? I think they made this.

I'm not sure what Silverbolt will be if he appears, and if he'll be larger than Starscream - so this 'want' might be reduced to a Voy Silverbolt. Not sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leader Class Collection:

ALREADY HAVE: Leader Starscream

Want:

Ldr. Megatron
    Voyager Security Truck (Decepticon)
    Voy Dreads (Chevy Suburbans) x 2 (Decepticons)
    *** I am not sure of Soundwave's scale size
    *** I am not sure of Shockwave's scale size - he could be the security truck

Del Autobot Wrecker 1
    Del Autobot Wrecker 2
    Del Autobot Wrecker 3
    Wheeljack (the blue Mercedes that transforms into "Einstein?"
    Del SideSwipe as a convertible
    Del Ferrari (Hot Rod?)
    Leader Silverbolt
    Legends Wheelie (if the size looks correct)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    In fairness, Thunderwing was a G1 toy before he appeared in the comic book. Part of the big deal with him is how they made such a POS toy into such a badarse super-Decepticon.
    True enough, but the only reason anybody gives a crap about the new Thunderwing figure is the comics character, so I mentally put him in that box.

I'd definitely count Bludgeon as a "figure in another line who pretty much counts," and possibly Banzai-Tron, too, since the character was so insanely minor and didn't transform.
    This was suggested on TFV as well, and for me it doesn't quite work because Bludgeon's figure takes a lot of aesthetic from the movie line he's in, specifically the limbs. I'm on the fence though as he is a skeletal theme in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I tuck the hands close to the hood of the car, open towards his body. They're relatively hidden there.
    I thought you meant IN the hood at the door openings. Then I realized you meant outside, but they still look like arms to me. What worked with the original is that the arms looked like something else there, here they just look like arms and it's driving me nuts. I tried folding them up, they don't look like arms but they don't look like much of anything, then I dod the "in the hood" idea from the miscommunication and they do fill the hole a little but they don't look right either. I took quick-n-dirty pics of each with my ipod:
    http://img571.imageshack.us/i/img0063c.jpg/
    http://img88.imageshack.us/i/img0064iv.jpg/
    http://img709.imageshack.us/i/img0065vt.jpg/
    http://img841.imageshack.us/i/img0066dg.jpg/

As for the other g1 figs, I think you're spot on with your list of what would be cool to get.
    Cool, thanks! Seems like Hasbro sneakily delivered a lot of those G1 main guys without us noticing how close to complete it is.

As for re-do's, I think Galvatron and Powerglide are good candidates. They just weren't good molds. Starscream WAS re-released with better colors. Did you know about it, or was this not strong enough for you? http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/uni...arscream-1898/
    I kinda like Galvatron, but the mold could use a little tweaking. Powerglide I find ok but not outstanding, kinda reminds me of Seaspray in that way, they went big with a minibot but didn't deliver big quality.

I did know about that re-release, but the colors are garish, the gray is very white and eats the detailing, and the red is way over the top, so it comes off looking quite cheap. Hasbro thought it'd be cartoon-accurate, but they cheaped out so it just looked bad all around. They thought it'd be as good as the Henkei version:
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Henkei_Starscream_toy.jpg
    but it just turned out awful:
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Univers...Starscream.jpg
    and honestly isn't as good as v1:
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:ClassicsStarscream_toy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Cool list, JediTricks. I love listing things!

I've made a list of the Dark Of The Moon purchases I plan to make:

(these are not confirmed toys yet, but highly probable).

Voyager Class collection (includes others that are scaled right):

HAVE ALREADY: Optimus Prime, Del Ironhide, Del Ratchet.

Want:

Leader Class Silverbolt (if he does appear)*

Voy Megatron
    Voy Starscream
    Del Security Truck (Deception) - could be Shockwave
    Del Dreads (x2) Chevy Suburbans (Decepticons)
    Legends Soundwave - is this the right scale for SW? I think they made this.

I'm not sure what Silverbolt will be if he appears, and if he'll be larger than Starscream - so this 'want' might be reduced to a Voy Silverbolt. Not sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leader Class Collection:

ALREADY HAVE: Leader Starscream

Want:

Ldr. Megatron
    Voyager Security Truck (Decepticon)
    Voy Dreads (Chevy Suburbans) x 2 (Decepticons)
    *** I am not sure of Soundwave's scale size
    *** I am not sure of Shockwave's scale size - he could be the security truck

Del Autobot Wrecker 1
    Del Autobot Wrecker 2
    Del Autobot Wrecker 3
    Wheeljack (the blue Mercedes that transforms into "Einstein?"
    Del SideSwipe as a convertible
    Del Ferrari (Hot Rod?)
    Leader Silverbolt
    Legends Wheelie (if the size looks correct)
    That sure is a list of things that might exist or might not.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The ROTF Bludgeon figure also owes a lot to the IDW re-design, which, IIRC, pre-dated the first live action TF movie. Here's pics of him in his shell and out of his shell (since the head is missing the lower jaw, which seems like a nod to IDW Bludgeon's mysteriously missing jaw).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That doesn't help the toy's aesthetics fit in with the Classics line though. And Don Figueroa designed the IDW one based on an unused Unicron Trilogy figure he worked on.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That doesn't help the toy's aesthetics fit in with the Classics line though. And Don Figueroa designed the IDW one based on an unused Unicron Trilogy figure he worked on.
    Yeah, I was talking about the 3rd and 4th Tracks pics, but I like you're idea with 1 and 2. That's clever!
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

That sure is a list of things that might exist or might not.
    Well it's good to dream - and limit yourself before one runs out of money, SPACE for the toys, or probably both.

I forgot about my hopes that Human Alliance continues:

Human Nemesis Shockwave (security truck?) vs Simmons? (only Decepticon again?)
    Human Alliance Ferrari (Hot Rod?) with Carly?
    Human Alliance Wheeljack (blue Mercedes?) with Lennox?
    Human Alliance Sideswipe (convertible) with Epps?

(Sam will probably come with another re-issue of BumbleBee).

So we'll see what they make.

MAJOR UPDATE!!!

I did some searching. Fortunately, I can read German.

They are making a LEADER CLASS IRONHIDE for DOTM!

I have pictures of both the Voyager and Leader Class toys for Megatron! (some posted below)

There are new Insecticons being made. The first 3 G1's and they will transform from robot to bug and COMBINE into a train engine (like Astrotrain). I have pictures and will post them shortly. I think I get to put up 5 at a time.

I have first chosen to post HUMAN ALLIANCE HOUND. Well it sure looks like Hound versus any other 'bot we've seen in the films. It appears he'll come with Major Lennox (in the photo below).

I have DOTM packaging images, too. Let's see what I get up...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dotm8.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	23992   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dotmmegatronverp1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	23993   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dotmmegatronverp.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	23994   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hos-Shrapnel3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	23995   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hos-Shrapnel4.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	23996  

BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Hound is an AWE Striker now, and comes with Duke?

Tycho, I don't know if those Insecticons are Hasbro concepts. "Hearts of Steel" was a sort of Elseworlds/What If? Transformers story set in the 19th century. IIRC, Guido Guidi was the artist on that series, and those images look more like the sort of concept art submitted to Hasbro for a comic series. It'd be awesome if they make them, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd expect Hearts of Steel figures based on, well, anyone else first.

The local Wal-Mart here sucks. They did not restock any toys during the entire holiday season, aside from some random 2008 Rise of Cobra vehicles that suddenly showed up for more than they retailed for originally. Today, they had the TIE Bomber in the garden center (it hadn't been there last time I was there, on Christmas Eve), and had finally restocked the Transformers Deluxe figures.... with the same crappy figures that are clogging shelves. The Christmas rush of parents who don't give a crap if it has the brand name on it was their only chance to get rid of those g*****n Skidses and Mudflaps, and they waited until afterwards. Anyone who knows better can go next door to Ross and get the stupid things. Crap in a hat.

I'm also slightly concerned about Jazz--not yet to the point where I'm going to beg folks to look for him. I've just seen the RTS wave or remnants thereof five or six times, and not seen Jazz once. Actually, I take that back; I saw it at K-Mart for their laughable prices before Christmas, where they were sold out of Tracks, for a change.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Chux, the Awe Striker vehicle that turns into a robot - is that a Transformer toy or did this German site post a GI Joe toy?

Thanks for the info on the Insecticon train. If those become toys, I'd prefer them to be less kibble. The bots look like they turn into a train and I can only imagine the insects look like they are a train. Only ants run on a straight track (sometimes).

Megatron's packaging is legit I'm sure.