Page 434 of 581 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444484534 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 5806
    "...Or are they leaving that to other materials like WFC and Exodus?" Is that basically what you mean, or are you being more general about it?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    "...Or are they leaving that to other materials like WFC and Exodus?" Is that basically what you mean, or are you being more general about it?
    I want to know if it'll be covered in TF: Prime - they may not be able to comment on Exodus or WFC (either because they don't have permission, or because they aren't privy to it). But you can re-word it if you think you might get more info out of them. Mostly, I just thought it was worth suggesting as a question to ask.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

We could ask how exactly they're in the same universe when even I, with my limited knowledge, can see a few huge discrepancies.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    We could ask how exactly they're in the same universe when even I, with my limited knowledge, can see a few huge discrepancies.
    Like the fact that Megatron had already infused himself with Dark Energon in the game? And the power that Dark Energon has? Just to name a few.

I don't care too terribly much. Nothing will ever be as good as BEAST WARS and I've accepted that.

The TF:P question is due soon, I'm going to mail it in in the next 10 hours or so. Any additional feedback would be helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I want to know if it'll be covered in TF: Prime - they may not be able to comment on Exodus or WFC (either because they don't have permission, or because they aren't privy to it). But you can re-word it if you think you might get more info out of them. Mostly, I just thought it was worth suggesting as a question to ask.
    Interesting point about them being hands-tied on WFC and Exodus. I'm so used to discussing such things with Hasbro, who are free to talk about them since they are the licensor, that I hadn't considered it. Still, I am under the impression that Prime is part of that canon and they should be able to directly work with and address that aspect. So, if I added a segment like the one below, would it be helping or hindering what you're getting at? Feel free to be honest.
    Since TF: Prime (which has mentioned Unicron by name) has been positioned as a follow up to the War for Cybertron-canon storyline (which shows Optimus receiving the Matrix of Leadership from some consciousness at the core of Cybertron), our curiosity is piqued: will the TF: Prime series explore the mythology and origins of our robot heroes and villains? Is working within a newly-established canon that started with Exodus and War for Cybertron an additional challenge - even a hands-tying situation - where you have to either work in the "now" of your portion of the story or work more carefully within this new canon when telling stories that involve these characters' pasts?
    Also, in doing a little research, it appears that previous convention and Q&A comments show that Prime will be carrying the weight of the new canon storytelling for both past and present, so we *could* draw assumptions that they'll be playing heavily in the past, but it could be that they only refer in a tertiary manner through dialogue and actions but never show.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I have no problem adding that, so long as you can cite examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Like the fact that Megatron had already infused himself with Dark Energon in the game? And the power that Dark Energon has? Just to name a few.

I don't care too terribly much. Nothing will ever be as good as BEAST WARS and I've accepted that.
    Good, but more would be better.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm good with that - I'm not precious about it.

Thanks for clarifying. I had a really hard time deciding between yours and Maradona's in the cartoon's thread, and I ultimately went with Maradona's question in part to answer a question a lot of fans on the fence want to know, and in part because I fear they'll just give an overly-easy answer to yours.

I got Deluxe Blurr today. I might return him.

I'm into scaling my Transformers collection. Blurr would best go with Masterpiece Rodimus Prime. I'm not sure I could justify buying that. I'm with OPTIMUS Prime all the way.

The other figures that could work with this would be Deluxe Kup (a bit smaller than I'd like for this group).

However, it would require Masterpiece or Leader Class Cyclonus and Sourge. How likely are they to be made? (sarcasm aside, it would be cool though - huh?)

Galvatron is a whole 'nother issue.

For a different scale, I'm also looking for the Rodimus / Cyclonus 2-pack.

Scale-wise, here's what I'm thinking:

Rodimus Deluxe
    Cyclonus Deluxe

Kup Deluxe could go with these - he is a pickup truck, and like Ironhide, tends to be a larger bots than cars.

Scourge Deluxe would be a great addition to this group.

Masterpiece Grimlock might find a place with this set, too.

More Decepticons are needed.

Now my TRU has Deluxe Thrust and Dirge still. I'm not sure this "futuristic" collection needs (almost) every day type of Seeker jets though. Plus Ramjet might be only available as that BotCon figure, and thus very expensive to get.

Meanwhile, Blurr would be a Scout figure if he were sized correctly with this group.

I discussed Galvatron above, but the blue version of Skullgrin or Cybertronian Megatron might each work, just pretending they are Galvatron.

Probably the Deluxe "Dinobot" would work for Grimlock.

Though I've found Wreck-Gar (Deluxe), no figure of him but a Legends Class might be the right scale size.

Springer is another matter, too. I'd love a Voyager or Leader Class Osprey for him!!!

The Japanses Knock-off toy of Arcee that looks just like she did in the movie is the best version I've ever seen for this character.

As a matter of fact, I think there's a Japanese version of Blurr that's better than what I just bought, and I should return mine.

I have to check whether the Kup figure (that looks like a real pick-up truck) is the same in its American and Japanese versions.

These Japanese figures might be much better for me to purchase altogether.

And I still would need more Decepticons, not to mention a good Ultra Magnus - who is himself and not some kind of Optimus Prime repaint.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I had a really hard time deciding between yours and Maradona's in the cartoon's thread, and I ultimately went with Maradona's question in part to answer a question a lot of fans on the fence want to know, and in part because I fear they'll just give an overly-easy answer to yours.
    What was Maradona's question?

I've been on eBay and TFW2005 looking at all the pics of this 2nd generation of Autobots and Decepticons in their most recently updated form.

Then I look at my cool, realistic Transformers from the Bay movies, and my Alternators and select Masterpieces.

I don't think I really collect this cartoony TF stuff (like Hot Rod).

I think I just wanted something to buy.

Blurr might go back to the store.

Post if you want him. I think I have to clear my PM box and there isn't room for more messages at the moment.

Anyway, I also don't think any of the Cyclonus figures have been that great either. Am I dreaming, or is the 80's G1 Cyclonus the nicest one they've ever done? I think the 2-pack one I was considering is kind of kibbley or bulky at the least - and I have to wonder why they cannot streamline a purely fictional representation of a jet?

Meanwhile, the new Scourge coming out is an improvement over a hovercraft considering what the Sweeps need to be able to do (as spacecraft), but it's not that great either.

This whole thing probably got started because I really like what they're doing with Deluxe Kup (Sergeant Kup) that's coming out here shortly.

He could easily fit in with the Transformers types I already collect. Maybe I should return Blurr and just stick with that?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.