Page 435 of 581 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 5810
  1. #4341
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    What was Maradona's question?
    - - Since the mini-series premiere of TF: Prime, fan reactions have been mixed to this latest series, and some were wondering... Will the tone of the show, the characters (both robot and human), the attempts at humor, the action, even the art be maturing as the series progresses, or is what we saw in the premiere pretty much the intended baseline level for the show?


    Tycho, I want that Blurr figure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  2. #4342
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    - - Since the mini-series premiere of TF: Prime, fan reactions have been mixed to this latest series, and some were wondering... Will the tone of the show, the characters (both robot and human), the attempts at humor, the action, even the art be maturing as the series progresses, or is what we saw in the premiere pretty much the intended baseline level for the show?


    Tycho, I want that Blurr figure.
    Ah... That's less a question than it is a criticism. What do you say to that? "Thanks for telling us the show needs to be better. We'll take that under consideration"?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

  3. #4343
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Ah... That's less a question than it is a criticism. What do you say to that? "Thanks for telling us the show needs to be better. We'll take that under consideration"?
    Not that I'm being critical of you for making that choice. I'm just sensitive to it because I work in entertainment and if someone posed that question to me, I would read it as an insult hidden in a question.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

  4. #4344
    It is both a criticism and a question, and I have no problem with that after the fan reaction to this project. I wasn't kidding when I called it mixed, some fans seemed to dig it initially then hate it by the end, others didn't like it from the get-go, and a few seemed to like it more as it continued, but I think largely there was a sense of "what, really?!?" that I'd rather give the producers an opportunity to address while they can still keep those viewers around. I missed out on TF:Animated because of the underwhelming premiere, and yet they had planned massive growth for it and just hid it from the audience through style choices. Maybe TF:P could be doing something similar, or maybe it's just a quick moneygrab as I fear it looks to be, but either way I think fans would rather hear it now than follow it disappointedly or NOT follow it and miss out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  5. #4345
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    It is both a criticism and a question, and I have no problem with that after the fan reaction to this project. I wasn't kidding when I called it mixed, some fans seemed to dig it initially then hate it by the end, others didn't like it from the get-go, and a few seemed to like it more as it continued, but I think largely there was a sense of "what, really?!?" that I'd rather give the producers an opportunity to address while they can still keep those viewers around. I missed out on TF:Animated because of the underwhelming premiere, and yet they had planned massive growth for it and just hid it from the audience through style choices. Maybe TF:P could be doing something similar, or maybe it's just a quick moneygrab as I fear it looks to be, but either way I think fans would rather hear it now than follow it disappointedly or NOT follow it and miss out.
    I see what you were trying to do. I think I read it with more of an accusatory tone where your intention was to give them a forum to tease their plans for the rest of the series. I hope they aren't turned off by it.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

  6. #4346
    JT, you can probably get the Blurr figure off me for cost and s&h of course.

    However, please keep looking (and at HTS, too). It's cheaper to get it that way. I can always return the one I got, but I'll check with you first, before I do that.

    I am still toying with the idea of keeping him myself but my decision keeps wavering.

    I think I need to watch the 86 movie again, plus my 3rd season G1 DVDs (2nd Season was divided into 2 box sets, from the Insecticon / Triple Changer / Constructicon / Dinobot era).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  7. #4347
    I know there are some LA / SFV area folks in here. Anyone run across Wreck Gar, G2 Prime, RTS Bumblebee, Perceptor, Scourge, or Kup? Seems like they hit the Culver City Target, but not anywhere else in the area (at least from what I'm hearing).
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

  8. #4348
    Ooo! I'm going to try and go to Target today!

    In San Diego, I've seen Wreck Gar, G2 Prime, RTS Bumblebee, and Perceptor. At Toys R Us, I believe.

    Funny - I didn't want these but would have bought Scourge or Kup on sight if I'd seen them. But I didn't.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  9. #4349
    I went to my TRU to check if they got the newest transformers in today and unfortunately they did not. But what they did have, however, was the steal of the day. On a lower shelf in the back was none other than one Barricade Human Alliance figure. I took it to the register and it rang up at 11.98. After my Reward coupons, I paid 2.11 for it.

    Funny thing about it was, it had a white, non-TRU price tag on it for 37.99. It's almost like someone returned it from K-mart.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

  10. #4350
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I went to my TRU to check if they got the newest transformers in today and unfortunately they did not. But what they did have, however, was the steal of the day. On a lower shelf in the back was none other than one Barricade Human Alliance figure. I took it to the register and it rang up at 11.98. After my Reward coupons, I paid 2.11 for it.

    Funny thing about it was, it had a white, non-TRU price tag on it for 37.99. It's almost like someone returned it from K-mart.
    I've seen that quite a bit myself recently. I know they were doing a "store within a store" concept in conjunction with Albertson's grocery stores. Since they went under, I thought it was just TRU getting their product back. Haven't found that good a deal yet, though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO