Page 437 of 578 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 5772
    Our question for the TF Prime production has been answered, by none other than Duane Capizzi (The Batman, Jackie Chan Adventures, Big Guy & Rusty, Darkwing Duck, MIB the cartoon, and more)...

http://www.actionfigs.com/content.ph...-Producers-Q-A

This would have been posted sooner, but there was a mixup in sending us the wrong answer initially, luckily it was caught and quickly corrected.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Picked up Blurr and Perceptor last night at Target.

Blurr is pretty good, but the head isn't very Blurr to me, and the Drift body doesn't have quite enough motion to feel like the fast, nimble Blurr character. Still, on its own, it's a cool figure.

Perceptor... well, a mixed bag with several points of annoyance and even failure. I'll detail below:

- I don't care that this is under the mainline badge and RTS gimmick, it's clearly a Generations figure.

Vehicle mode:
    - Halftrack truck with lightbar on top.
    - Front end doesn't quite align with main body.
    - Red is dominant, some detailing keeps it from looking cheap, though it could use a little more here since it's vast expanses of red.
    - Rolling is fair, but bot shoulders stick out the bottom of the front bumper and drag on ground.

Transformation:
    - Instructions spend a third of the time explaining something that isn't possible at that stage since the wheels cannot pass the hinge; and that section is really is just "rotate strut around, rotate wheel in".
    - Instructions explain but confuse about the lower legs.
    - Something ugly about this transformation even before the atrocious backpack/shoulder problem, the lower legs come together with the kibble so oddly.
    - Aforementioned backpack problem is vague, doesn't lock down when correct due to design missteps.
    - Back to vehicle mode is frustrating the first time, the feet are easy to forget to leave out of the way.

Bot mode:
    - Looks a lot like Reflector. Deco, sculpt, cheesy chrome bits, shoulder cannon, robot proportions, it's quite G1.
    - Face sculpt based on G1 cartoon, but this is longer and thus looks cheaper, a bit like a older doofus.
    - Eyes are painted yellow which is STUPID AS HELL since they're set deep in the head and already were lightpiped yellow plastic, so the paint actually covers up the color of his eyes by being thick and deep in shadow!
    - Kibble backpack also houses shoulders on struts, backpack is supposed to lock into strut on head and into a tab in the back, but the tab doesn't hold so any rotation of the arms can easily dislodge the entire backpack and shoulder assembly, which is a huge problem on this figure.
    - I don't like "floating" shoulders either, although these at least are in the right place.
    - Chrome and clear chest opens to show the detail inside and access the rubsign, but the rubsign sits on a section smaller than its shape, so it's essentially a loose sticker that bends when you use it.
    - Lightbar turns into shoulder cannon that reminds one of the microscope on the original. A nifty touch, and they added a flip-up targeting reticle.
    - Shoulder cannon is on a hinge designed specifically to move, yet in no mode can this work, it always bumps into something. It seems like an idea to use the chest-tray and the cannon to fudge the microscope mode of the original character, but got abandoned partway through.
    - Legs telescope quite a bit, thighs are very thin to make working knees, but telescoping causes a little floppiness so care is needed to pose the knee joint.
    - Hands are sculpted open but meant to hold 5mm pegs. This figure seems like it needs a gun for those hands. The right arm can bend up to support the shoulder cannon, but that cannon is permanently attached so that's all he can do.

Bottom line:
    - Some interesting ideas but feels half-baked.
    - Very slaved to the G1 character, almost to the point of overkill in the deco.
    - Has some personality despite unlikeable head.
    - Suffers from extremely problematic engineering issues when posing legs and especially arms.
    - I kinda like this figure despite flaws, but hard to enjoy and impossible to recommend without many caveats.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wonder if they'll re-use it for Reflector, as they've been kinda keen on doing that lately.

It also seems they incorporated bits of the (kind of stupid) "Perceptor as heartless sniper" from the post-AHM IDW comics.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hasbro unveiled nothing at Toy Fair for guys like me who dig the classic stuff, right?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Wonder if they'll re-use it for Reflector, as they've been kinda keen on doing that lately.

It also seems they incorporated bits of the (kind of stupid) "Perceptor as heartless sniper" from the post-AHM IDW comics.
    Yes, they are planning a reuse as Reflector. And you're not the first to suggest the IDW sniper angle, so I guess that's right too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hasbro unveiled nothing at Toy Fair for guys like me who dig the classic stuff, right?
    Correct. They had a pretty mediocre unveiling, IMO.

I'll soon know about Perceptor. I just found him (and finally caved on Laser Optimus as well--he was one of the few G2 figures I had, and was quite an improvement over the original sculpt back in the day).

Funny thing, I've been seeing Wreck-Gar, Laser Prime, and the occasional Cliffjumper and Bumblebee 47 at just about every Target. But never a Perceptor. I went into the one in Hemet, where I don't go very often anymore, and they almost had more Perceptors than all other characters combined! No kidding; six Perceptors out of fifteen figures total. They also had Soundwave; IIRC, this is only the second time I've seen him.

Still waiting to open them both. Chux Jr likes to "help" me with my Joes and especially with my Transformers, and I'm sort of dangling these over her head to get her to behave.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I want Sergeant Kup to ship!

I got (I assume - I haven't opened it yet) Deluxe Bonecrusher from 2007 in the mail today (he's to fight the new Deluxe Optimus Prime).

I won the 3-pack of Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Rodimus off eBay and I think I'll be returning the Cyclonus / Rodimus 2pack version if they're the same thing.

Can't wait for Scourge as well - and to see if I win Voyager (or Deluxe?) Springer from a few years back. Helicopter only - he's not a triple-changer in this version.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Methinks I like Perceptor more than you do, JT. He's not perfect, but a far cry better than Jazz. I'm not sure what the instructions were getting at with the window panels on his lower legs, but he looks like the pictures.

Laser Prime is pretty sweet, too. I'd forgotten that the "flames on the cab" originated long before Michael Bay peed on adapted the characters for his embarrassingly bad student movie series.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I finally have Jazz and Tracks. A friend found them for me and mailed them. Retail has been pretty bleak for finds lately...

Anyone want the Hot Rod vs Cyclonus set, but isn't interested in the comic book? I'd like to get the comic, which is an "off-camera" scene from the 1986 movie pitting the two against one another, but have no interest in getting the figures again.
    Still interested in the Comic?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-