Page 441 of 592 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 5919
  1. #4401
    That sucks, what will happen to figures after Warpath?

    Also, I need mega help finding Wreck-Gar, that figure is just not appearing around here, and HTS won't restock him.

    I'm quite mad at Hasbro for the mess that the TF brand finds itself in right now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  2. #4402
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That sucks, what will happen to figures after Warpath?

    Also, I need mega help finding Wreck-Gar, that figure is just not appearing around here, and HTS won't restock him.

    I'm quite mad at Hasbro for the mess that the TF brand finds itself in right now.
    I bought the Windcharger wave from the Fan Club. I don't want any of the other basics, but this may be my only shot at getting him. I'm heartbroken.

    I'll keep an eye out for Wreck-Gar. I've stumbled onto him once or twice.

    If they decide to cancel Rumble and Frenzy, like they did thhe Animated voyagers, I'll be very disappointed.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

  3. #4403
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northern Virginia, in toy hell. Nothing good here.
    Posts
    64
    I'm in a similar mindset JT, Hasbro has done a wonderful job of ensuring my money stays in it's account this past few months, simply due to them not releasing their product in a manner which enables me to purchase it. I refuse to pay gouged prices for $8 figures on ebay or purchase ENTIRE WAVES of figures I do not want in order to get hold of one. I don't even mind paying HTS's ridiculous S&H fees on the rare occasion they HAVE the figures I want, but that's a blue moon kind of thing recently.

    It's the same with the Star Wars figures too, I just can't find the ones I want, and refuse to purchase whole waves or pay $30 for a figure that should be on the shelf.

  4. #4404
    I have a Wreck-Gar. But I will only trade for a wheeljack.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

  5. #4405
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I bought the Windcharger wave from the Fan Club. I don't want any of the other basics, but this may be my only shot at getting him. I'm heartbroken.

    I'll keep an eye out for Wreck-Gar. I've stumbled onto him once or twice.

    If they decide to cancel Rumble and Frenzy, like they did thhe Animated voyagers, I'll be very disappointed.
    The fan club had Windcharger? I had no idea! Did you actually get him yet? Isn't Rumble in that wave, or were they trying to stretch it out, another wave with only 1 new mold and the rest is repaints nobody is buying the originals of?

    BTW, Frenzy was not planned for US release, as far as I know.

    Quote Originally Posted by AFCollector View Post
    I'm in a similar mindset JT, Hasbro has done a wonderful job of ensuring my money stays in it's account this past few months, simply due to them not releasing their product in a manner which enables me to purchase it. I refuse to pay gouged prices for $8 figures on ebay or purchase ENTIRE WAVES of figures I do not want in order to get hold of one. I don't even mind paying HTS's ridiculous S&H fees on the rare occasion they HAVE the figures I want, but that's a blue moon kind of thing recently.

    It's the same with the Star Wars figures too, I just can't find the ones I want, and refuse to purchase whole waves or pay $30 for a figure that should be on the shelf.
    Agreed, although Star Wars is a slightly different problem, the line isn't being mismanaged except by raising prices beyond what the market will bear. With Transformers, it's running 3, 4, even 5 lines at a time on pegs when the second movie - the line's current foundation - underperformed at merchandising for 2 years, and putting out massive amounts of existing product as repaints to keep the SKU from being dropped while they stretch new molds wafer-thin across the release windows. And the thing with cases that retailers don't order so fans have to, that's unacceptable, there should be a lot more consideration for fans AND for protecting investments in tooling.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader View Post
    I have a Wreck-Gar. But I will only trade for a wheeljack.
    Thanks, but I don't have Wheeljack right now. I think Tycho said he should be able to get one for me, but I'll keep an eye out for Wheeljack just in case.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  6. #4406
    I've seen Wreck-Gar a few times, and will keep an eye out for him. If all the local Targets are clearancing RTS figures like the one was, though, that might be tough.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  7. #4407
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northern Virginia, in toy hell. Nothing good here.
    Posts
    64
    The Collector's Club store has the WAVE up for pre-order ( http://www.transformersclub.com/shop/index.cfm?do=list ) but nothing in stock at the moment. This again is the "buying a wave for 1 item" thing that's really startin to **** me off.

    I got an email today from an online shop that advertises these "rare" figures, again, in their respective 'waves', for $15 and UP for each figure. Pretty ridiculous.


  8. #4408
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The fan club had Windcharger? I had no idea! Did you actually get him yet? Isn't Rumble in that wave, or were they trying to stretch it out, another wave with only 1 new mold and the rest is repaints nobody is buying the originals of?

    BTW, Frenzy was not planned for US release, as far as I know.
    They just posted the case and no, no Rumble is in it. And I know Frenzy was never mentioned, but I think we all (reasonably) assumed that a repaint of Rumble would eventually show up. I've got my pitchfork and rope ready for Botcon...
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

  9. #4409
    If nothing else, they need to get through their heads that the "retro" Transformers and GIJoe lines appeal entirely to adults, and cater to us in those lines. There are too many figures that either aren't getting released, or are released in such small numbers.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  10. #4410
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    If nothing else, they need to get through their heads that the "retro" Transformers and GIJoe lines appeal entirely to adults, and cater to us in those lines. There are too many figures that either aren't getting released, or are released in such small numbers.
    What would be your suggestion for how to solve the distribution problem for what we can all admit is a largely collector targeted market? Pushing for online distro? That's actually part of how I justified buying the case from the fan club. If they hard pushed the online distro, it would probably mean figures like Windcharger would have to run close to fan club exclusive prices, if not more because they are original molds. With that in mind, $50 isn't really too much to spend, especially when I'm getting figures in exchange. Maybe I'll keep some of them; Maybe I'll sell some at a loss.

    I think there were just too many new figures in too short a time. And it hurts me to say that, because I love every one of them. Except Bumblebee. Why we needed another him, I don't know. I would have preferred a Cliffjumper with an officially remolded head.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO