Page 443 of 591 FirstFirst ... 343393433439440441442443444445446447453493543 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 5910
    For Hasbro not to use the movie popularity to push other product is unwise, but not unusual. Still, going from 4 lines at once to 1 is pretty goofy.

HTS delivered me some goodies, Thundercracker, Scourge, and Wheeljack.

Thundercracker is exactly what one would expect, and somehow anticlimactic after all the troubles. It's a fine figure, although clearly the mold has degraded to a point where another run would be in knock-off quality, but it's not special in its own, it's just another cool Seeker. It's also the first Seeker to use the original head transformation in years, I had forgotten how much more satisfying this is compared to the "rotate head" design on the coneheads. Anyway, it's Thundercracker and it's cool, and now we're done with this mold, it's time to look ahead and do away with the vestiges of the pre-movie Classics toolings with their inferior designs.

Scourge is pretty wild, a satisfying new alt mode that has one of the most unusual transformations ever in a deluxe (once you've got the hang of it, it feels more natural, but that first pass is a big question-mark the whole time). The end result is very faithful to the character, even the 2 guns that hide in the wings (which unfold and bend to be more like the character wings, but Hasbro instructions don't seem to know this) turning into a gun-only version of his G1 targetmaster. Well-articulated and well-detailed, the deco is simple but effective, right down to the silver-and-purple Decepticon logo on his chest looking like the classic sticker, but the white isn't actually character-accurate. The only drawback on the figure is the loose hips, a pretty common problem lately in TF figures. Ultimately, it's a satisfying figure on its own and a good throwback, everything a Classics should be.

Wheeljack is... well, just what the doctor ordered. Alt mode is terrific, the changes from Tracks make a nicely different car, just from a new color scheme and some spoilers it becomes much more Wheeljack. Flight mode still sucks and makes no sense here anyway, so it's easy to ignore. Transformation is mostly the same as Tracks, although the legs are quite different despite the instructions' confusion. Bot mode is Wheeljack all the way, just changing the legs makes him stockier, a little shorter, puts the wheels down the way the G1 figure had it, and it just comes together so nicely. The back isn't Jack, but that's ok since it's an homage, it still feels like its own man rather than just a Tracks repaint. The head is alright, it's not a standout but it's not a blob, though they went cheap with the lightpiped gray eyes and ears. The wrenches are nifty, each has 2 clip rails, 1 hinged clip, and can be stowed on the back of either lower leg. The gun is the same as Tracks, but that figure's gun was just Wheeljack's shoulder-mounted missile launcher anyway, so there ya go. The hips on Wheeljack are a bit loose, but unlike Tracks, the toes aren't this time, so it'll have a better time on the shelf not falling on the floor. There's just something that carries so much weight about this figure, so much personality. And it's a fun toy as well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Registered
    Northern Virginia, in toy hell. Nothing good here.
    I agree with you on all accounts JT, I'm baffled by their cutbacks completely.

I got these same figures with Kup from BBTS recently and ordered the Kup replacement head from iGear, which is pretty awesome for $12. Fits like a dream and makes him look SO much better than he did with the stock head.

I am happy I got Thundercracker to complete my 3 Seekers set. They just seemed lonely without their brother.

Scourge is one of the cooler transformations I've seen in awhile, and he looks great in either mode. Very clean, not alot of extra parts floppin about.

Huh! Very cool. I bought Scourge but never opened him yet. Sounds promising.

He's to go with my Galvatron, Cyclonus, Rodimus 3-pack, and the Voyager Springer that I added.

I'm not sure if the City Commander Ultra Magnus I want to budget for will look the best with these figures, or the Masterpiece Rodimus I plan to buy? (MP Rodimus goes with Deluxe Kup and Blurr)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Registered
    Well the MP Rodimus is HUGE compared to the Deluxe figures, he's roughly 10 inches with the Deluxe figures being about 6, I tried putting them together, but they just look rather silly, so instead I have Fansproject's Protector (their version of Rodimus Prime), standing with their Warbot (Springer), the CC Ultra Magnus and Kup together, and they look really good.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCollector View Post
    Well the MP Rodimus is HUGE compared to the Deluxe figures, he's roughly 10 inches with the Deluxe figures being about 6, I tried putting them together, but they just look rather silly, so instead I have Fansproject's Protector (their version of Rodimus Prime), standing with their Warbot (Springer), the CC Ultra Magnus and Kup together, and they look really good.
    Add MP Grimlock and Classics Legends Wheelie and all that's missing is a new Arcee
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Registered
    Well, I do have those actually, but as far as Arcee goes, I got ahold of the "Impossible Toys Valkyrie" which is basically G1 Arcee. I do not recommend it, it is pretty horrible. I am saving up for iGear's MGT-01 which reports say is far superior. It's not HasTak I know, but the only figure they seem interested in putting out of her is that damned bike.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCollector View Post
    Well, I do have those actually, but as far as Arcee goes, I got ahold of the "Impossible Toys Valkyrie" which is basically G1 Arcee. I do not recommend it, it is pretty horrible.
    I actually bought that mold too and ended up returning it with a restocking fee. It was probably the most expensive piece of crap I'd ever held in my hands. Let me know if the iGear one is any better, but I'm still hopeful for a Classics version.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I know I was lucky to find one, but I'm pleased with displaying Animated Arcee with my Classics. The general aesthetic is different, sure, with softer lines, brighter colors, a cartoony face, and less detail, but it can easily be explained in my mind by saying girl Transformers look different from boy Transformers.

Truth is, she looks better displayed with the Classics than Octane Tankor does.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

AF Collector, I'm alarmed by how big you say MP Rodimus is.

I haven't bought him yet, but I'm waiting to get the cheaper American version when it comes out. Now I've heard that it won't include the trailer part - which is fine. Rodimus' vehicle was dumb. A camper van with hot rod decales? Why not a garbage truck with racing stripes, next?

I won't be displaying him as a vehicle anyway. But isn't Rodimus Prime supposed to be bigger than Kup and Blurr, now that he's no longer Hot Rod?

Any you're saying that City Commander Ultra Magnus is scaled to the Deluxe Autobots (Kup and Blurr)? That will work.

There will be a new Masterpiece that everyone's quiet about. You think it'll be Cyclonus or Galvatron? I can only hope.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    There will be a new Masterpiece that everyone's quiet about. You think it'll be Cyclonus or Galvatron? I can only hope.
    I'd heard he was a complete remold of Optimus Prime, smaller and with a human driver. And $300. I think I'll pass.
    Tommy, close your eyes.