Page 459 of 585 FirstFirst ... 359409449455456457458459460461462463469509559 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 5843
    At Botcon they talked about how the original 13 were envisioned to be representatives of (if not the originals of) each race (including combiners, females, multi-changers, etc). When I heard that, I finally got on board with the idea.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

That would make it exceptionally tough to retcon the whole "singularity" deal into Marvel (where combiners were new in 1985, Earth time), Dreamwave (where Shockwave invented Triple Changers), and especially IDW (where Jhiaxxus's experiments led to both female Transformers and combiners).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    That would make it exceptionally tough to retcon the whole "singularity" deal into Marvel (where combiners were new in 1985, Earth time), Dreamwave (where Shockwave invented Triple Changers), and especially IDW (where Jhiaxxus's experiments led to both female Transformers and combiners).
    That's right! Yep!

Some potentially bad news, depending upon how accurate it is:

After months of asking about the Rodimus Prime, I finally came across a TRU employee today who knew what I was talking about. Unfortunately, though, he said they'd gotten one case (he didn't remember the number of Rodimii; I'm assuming two or four based on the size, though I've obviously not seen the case) months ago, and it didn't even make it onto the shelf before someone bought all of them. As far as he knows, each store was allotted a case (possibly to make up for Grimlock taking longer to sell?) and they won't be getting any more.

I really hate not being able to see a figure in person before dropping $70 on it, and loathe that I won't be able to use one of the crap-ton of %-off coupons I get for in-store purchases, but I guess that's the way it's gotta be.

Potentially better news: a friend of mine told me he saw a lot of new carded Transformers at $6.99 at Ross (meaning, most likely, Deluxe, especially given who he saw). He recognized Bumblebee, Jazz, an Optimus who looked like the G1 character but transforming into the movie truck (Laser Prime, I assume), and, most importantly, "that Eric Idle motorcycle guy from the old movie." Since they'll be expanding their toy sections for Christmas in the next few weeks, this sounds rather promising.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That sucks. If it makes you feel any better, I never found Grimlock at retail.

I won Titanium Ultra Magnus off eBay and I love him!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I won Titanium Ultra Magnus off eBay and I love him!
    Do you have him in hand yet? Only curious because I know how excited you were about getting him and I'd love to know he lived up to your expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Do you have him in hand yet? Only curious because I know how excited you were about getting him and I'd love to know he lived up to your expectations.
    Yes!

And he does live up to my expectations. I actually transform him and am even tempted to buy another one

I will use him in robot mode with

Cyberverse Hot Rod, - robot probably
    Deluxe Warpath, - as tank
    Voyager Skyhammer, - as chopper (Springer substitute)

Deluxe Cyclonus,
    Deluxe Scourge,
    Deluxe Space Case.

Hasbro ought to dust off this mold and use their design software to "blow this mold up" to Leader Class!

I was explaining to JT - I like TRANSFORMERS not Optimus repaints that you have to add armor parts to like Legos.

Titanium Ultra Magnus does not require add-on parts (besides weapons). He's awesome.

I don't think I ever saw him in the store back in 2008 or whenever he was released. I'm sure he was popular. Moreso than other Titaniums.

This Magnus I'd describe as equivalent to a DOTM sized Voyager figure.

Still it'd be nice to have LC / MP of Magnus (single piece like the Titanium), Springer (who triple-changes), Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge.

They make Rodimus MP.

Kup and Blurr are perfect for Deluxe. You could add Arcee.

Wreck-Gar needs a Cyberverse figure and he'd be the perfect size.

Actually, if they did all of the Autobot cars in Cyberverse style, they'd go great with Titanium Magnus and the Deluxe G-1.5 Decepitcons.

MP Grimlock would be on scale with this Cyberverse collection, as would the Legends Devastator set!

If all this was done, I might go crazy and spend a fortune to pick up the MP Grimlock whom I'd passed on many times.

Might.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Thanks to Chux, I now have Grappel, who can rappel with his G's. I didn't really like Inferno, the basis for the figure, but Grappel gets it right with only a few small changes, like the forearms and hands and head.

I picked up Cyberverse Cmdr - Guzzle and it's kinda blah, not bad but not as exciting as any other Cyberverse Commander so far.

Also Human Alliance Basic Reverb - an odd figure, but not bad, just very odd vehicle and loose hips and not really sure what the weapon mode is.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Some potentially bad news, depending upon how accurate it is:

After months of asking about the Rodimus Prime, I finally came across a TRU employee today who knew what I was talking about. Unfortunately, though, he said they'd gotten one case (he didn't remember the number of Rodimii; I'm assuming two or four based on the size, though I've obviously not seen the case) months ago, and it didn't even make it onto the shelf before someone bought all of them. As far as he knows, each store was allotted a case (possibly to make up for Grimlock taking longer to sell?) and they won't be getting any more.

I really hate not being able to see a figure in person before dropping $70 on it, and loathe that I won't be able to use one of the crap-ton of %-off coupons I get for in-store purchases, but I guess that's the way it's gotta be.
    That sucks, sorry to hear it.

If you need to see it in person, I suppose next time you're in the LA area you could drop by here and check it out. And I'll keep an eye out and pick it up for you if I see it, send it with a gift receipt if you decide not to keep it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I already arranged for one to be ordered as my Christmas present. Thanks, though.

(And when I said I wanted to see it in person, I meant more that, for that price, I'd rather pick the one with the best paint application out of several. Ain't gonna happen that way. Oh well.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.