Page 466 of 578 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 5776
  1. #4651
    Well, it seems like every time she wants to see it, it's some episode with Bulkhead stuck in a cave holding up the ceiling, or something like that.

    Just because she likes it doesn't mean I have to. But I'd rather her watch that than the pseudo-educational stuff on Nick Jr. At least this has a story. (Admittedly, I prefer her watching something that has a story and is good, or something legitimately educational.)

    Saw Bumblebee, Wheeljack, and Cliffjumper today at WM. It's the local one, where I think half the current employees are scalpers. Cliffjumper, I'm guessing, is shortpacked, since an employee was carrying him into the back. Wheeljack looked really good. Not buying it, but he looked good.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  2. #4652
    Instead of cancelling deluxe DOTM Soundwave, Leadfoot and Que, shouldn't Hasbro have cancelled the deluxe Optimus w. trailer? I have a feeling it's not going to sell very well.

    I picked up TFP Voyager Prime at Target and it's definitely not worth TRU's $26.99 price tag. At 19.99, it's okay but not stellar.

  3. #4653
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Well, I thought what they did with the last half of the season was pretty clever, including how they used Unicron. I thought that the premiere of Season 2 was pretty clever, the way they referenced and echoed things from the mini-movie that launched the series. There were other things, but I didn't expect to be called on the spot!
    How DARE you not have examples right away?


    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Well, it seems like every time she wants to see it, it's some episode with Bulkhead stuck in a cave holding up the ceiling, or something like that.
    You smile, but one day they're going to make one of those episodes where Bulkhead's strength gives out and Jack is crushed to death, leaving Raf and Jack's mom to mourn while Miko performs more antics.

    Just because she likes it doesn't mean I have to. But I'd rather her watch that than the pseudo-educational stuff on Nick Jr. At least this has a story. (Admittedly, I prefer her watching something that has a story and is good, or something legitimately educational.)
    That Nick Jr stuff is really bad from what I've seen. Didn't you have a love affair with PBS's Dinosaur Train though?

    Saw Bumblebee, Wheeljack, and Cliffjumper today at WM. It's the local one, where I think half the current employees are scalpers. Cliffjumper, I'm guessing, is shortpacked, since an employee was carrying him into the back. Wheeljack looked really good. Not buying it, but he looked good.
    The case is 2x Cliffjumper, 2x Wheeljack, 1x Soundwave, 3x Bumblebee. Wheeljack is pretty good, if you get the hunger, that's a figure to buy.



    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Instead of cancelling deluxe DOTM Soundwave, Leadfoot and Que, shouldn't Hasbro have cancelled the deluxe Optimus w. trailer? I have a feeling it's not going to sell very well.

    I picked up TFP Voyager Prime at Target and it's definitely not worth TRU's $26.99 price tag. At 19.99, it's okay but not stellar.
    Yeah, that DOTM OP w/ Trailer is starting to show up and I suspect it'll sell ONLY because it looks like a special item and parents won't realize that the trailer becoming an arsenal only means it's an empty box with peg holes.

    Sorry to hear that about TFP Voyager Prime, but not surprised to hear it. Target wants $30, I think - I laughed and walked away.


    North Hollywood Target had HA Leadfoot on clearance for $15 finally, so I bought. I have found a less-offensive transformation, but it's still only a band-aid on a mediocre figure (and this one also had a defective assembly, another missed hinge pin, but it's not as bad as my last one). I suppose that - barring a Hasbro miracle getting Soundwave into our hands cheaply soon - this will be my last HA purchase.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  4. #4654
    Every episode of Dinosaur Train is educational and has a story. Most of the stuff on PBS I don't mind her watching, but there are a few turds there, too.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  5. #4655
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    You smile, but one day they're going to make one of those episodes where Bulkhead's strength gives out and Jack is crushed to death, leaving Raf and Jack's mom to mourn while Miko performs more antics.
    I'm confused - are you saying you WOULDN'T watch that episode? I have half a mind to pitch it to Bob and Alex
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

  6. #4656
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I'm confused - are you saying you WOULDN'T watch that episode? I have half a mind to pitch it to Bob and Alex
    I was speaking to the disconnect between the appropriateness of violence on the show, but unless Miko gets killed first, I don't think I could be swayed, and the production folks always blathering about how much they love her makes me think we're stuck with her crap until the bitter end.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  7. #4657
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

    The case is 2x Cliffjumper, 2x Wheeljack, 1x Soundwave, 3x Bumblebee. Wheeljack is pretty good, if you get the hunger, that's a figure to buy.

    Soundwave is pretty solid as well. He has great poseability for a character that is basically just a standstill communications terminal on the show.

  8. #4658
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Soundwave is pretty solid as well. He has great poseability for a character that is basically just a standstill communications terminal on the show.
    I wouldn't know, cannot find him around here.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  9. #4659
    Really? I saw 4 at Burbank Target last week. I didn't realize you were still looking, but he carries forward into wave 2, so I think you'll come across him. I couldn't believe I saw so many of them at once. Must've just missed Arcee and Ratchet.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

  10. #4660
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Really? I saw 4 at Burbank Target last week. I didn't realize you were still looking, but he carries forward into wave 2, so I think you'll come across him. I couldn't believe I saw so many of them at once. Must've just missed Arcee and Ratchet.
    Could be a fluke. He's 1 per case, both waves I think, and the only villain figure that's not Megatron.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO