Page 468 of 581 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518568 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 5806
    That's cool to hear. You're never quite sure, especially when a show hits seven seasons, if there are still people who would call themselves a "huge fan".
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Oh I am no doubt a huge fan, and have even managed to get my wife interested in it.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Aww, that's so NOT TRANSFORMERS DISCUSSION!

Chris Latta and Simon Furman are being inducted into the Hall of Fame this year alongside the bots. Oh, that reminds me, who are you guys voting for in the HOF vote? I've been voting BW Megs and Wheeljack, it's 1 vote per day.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JetsAndHeels, I didn't even know you married your girlfriend. I remember when we were talking on the phone and you must have just started dating her.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'd vote for Andrew Wildman, Bob Budiansky, Frank Springer, and Denny O'Neil, if they were choices.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    JetsAndHeels, I didn't even know you married your girlfriend. I remember when we were talking on the phone and you must have just started dating her.
    We got married on May 28 of last year. We were engaged for about 6 months. We had dated for a while about 10 years ago as well, so we know each other well.

Back on topic, I saw some of the Bot shot launchers for the first time last night at Target. I may get the Megatron one eventually, but I can hold off for now.

And a buddy of mine found me a Prime Ratchet. I haven't gotten it from him yet, but I'm glad I don't have to worry about finding that one.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Finally found the Prime wave. They had Megatron, Optimus, Arcee, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Soundwave, and Wheeljack. I picked up Soundwave just because I was curious of how they would be able to make him. I also picked up Cyberverse Arcee.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Found an Arcee for Chux Jr. And, wouldn't you know it, two days later and there's a $4-off manufacturer's coupon. If she were easier to find, I'd simply take her back and re-buy her.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

very disappointed with cyberverse Arcee. transformation is hard for something this small and nothing locks in place. I should have went with the bigger one but 12 bucks seemed to high.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Cyberverse is generally not so great, but I haven't heard other reviews about that Legion Arcee being bad, so I'm surprised. I haven't seen it personally, the only Legions I've seen have been Bumblebee and Cliffjumper so far, they seem to sell very fast. I haven't seen any Commanders at all, so either they're not stocking around here yet or they're moving even faster.

You know who's not moving? Dlx Bumblebee, holy crap the pegs here are clogged with that figure! A few Cliffjumpers and the rare Wheeljack too, but BB is just ruining pegs around here.

So, I picked up TF:P Dlx Soundwave finally. I think this figure is a tad overhyped, it's not bad but it's not that well-detailed, it's small, it's gappy in the chest, Laserbeak doesn't look like much of anything, and there's not enough paint.

Soundwave's alt mode is a drone with a Transformer chest for an engine and no actual means of propulsion, so he's a cybertronian vehicle. The main look is roughly accurate, a little less sleek and smooth, less color, and has gaps that shouldn't be there. The underside isn't great, the obvious leg and arm bits hurt, the obvious bot chest, but it's not the worst flyer underside by a long stretch. There's a front landing wheel that folds down, but no rear landing gear - I think Laserbeak's wing hinges fold down to become the rear gear, they're the right height that way, although there's 2 non-movable chest points that also could be taken as landing gear.

Laserbeak isn't anything, as mentioned, he's just a set of simple panels like an origami bird, and the only articulation is a hinge for each larger wing which itself sits on rotating arm to fit as Soundwave's chest. Laserbeak's design is fairly accurate aside from a missing set of wings, but a lack of paint for the "eye" makes an already-obtuse design even more difficult to fathom.

Soundwave's transformation isn't much to write home about, it just moves the shoulders up and repositions parts on the arms and legs, then automorph causes the head to pop up when you open the back all the way (the trigger doesn't fire until the back plate is 90 degrees open). It's barely satisfying, really the only charm is the shoulders moving up.

Bot mode is fairly faithful to the show's design, just a little more kibble around the back of the legs, a touch less sleek due to the reality of making a toy, and there's a significant loss of details due to almost no paint - the upper body suffers greatly due to a lack of paint, especially when Laserbeak isn't installed. Soundwave is pointy with lots of panels going every which way, he's got very long arms with long fingers surrounding a 5mm hole, his chest is a docked Laserbeak, and his legs are chicken-legs. There is some blue paint showing around, but it's not in enough places so it doesn't stand out, and most of the electric fuchsia ends up getting lost. Soundwave is also a bit hunched forward at the lower torso, it's a joint you don't have to use but it gets gappy that way especially once Laserbeak is removed. With Laserbeak in place, Soundwave looks pretty interesting and alien with very long arms and a non-face, but with Laserbeak gone it's a lot of sad gaps in place of a chest, he looks incomplete - partly because it seems there was paint planned go to in there as well and got cut from the already wafer-thin budget.

Articulation is pretty good, lots of motion and range of motion except for the knees which are very limited in both directions by kibble. The head is a ball joint but on a horizontal axis so he has to **** his head to turn it not unlike a confused dog; the neck joint is very loose so the figure can't look up without his head dropping down lower than his shoulders - hence, he can't look upright - and there's an intended block which keeps the head from raising higher without dislodging the back plate, although it's worth it if you want a less-alien-looking Soundwave. The odd hands have a hole that can perch Laserbeak via a peg formed around a triangular "beard" the show design has; DvD has argued that the triangular tail can be used to treat Laserbeak as a handheld blaster, I like this, it means pegging him into the palm side instead of the perch side.

Soundwave is a really odd figure, the vehicle mode isn't that fun but it's true to the show, Laserbeak is a total snore, Soundwave's bot mode is pretty alien and true to the show but isn't really for everybody's tastes. I think a lack of paint for both characters ultimately keeps this set from being better than it could be. I'd give it a middle grade, a 6.5 or 7 out of 10.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.