Page 489 of 585 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492493499539 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 5843
    I see Optimus more as a blue lantern, nonetheless that would have been such an awesome crossover. I'm going to stick my Lego Supes, Bats and WW minifigs on the same shelf w. some TF's as a tribute to this epic that never was.

How is it that Airachnid is nowhere to be found now? I thought people hated that deluxe figure.

Much like the Newsroom, it seems that people love to hate it. Although, I don't hate her that much. The copter mode is really slick looking. If she's been $9, I doubt anyone else would've hated her either.

I did a full photo review of MP Thundercracker: http://www.tfviews.com/news/toysandcollectibles/1573

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Could be Seaspray, now that you mention it. I didn't put too much thought into it, since there are several guys on both sides with that head style. Wouldn't make sense to behead Seaspray and beat up Submarauder, unless the Atlanteans were against all Cybertronians. But that would seem like too much plot to throw into a teaser image for a proposal, I'd think.
    Atlanteans are kinda anti-everything, it wouldn't surprise me if they were hatin' on Autobot as much as Decepticon.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I see Optimus more as a blue lantern, nonetheless that would have been such an awesome crossover. I'm going to stick my Lego Supes, Bats and WW minifigs on the same shelf w. some TF's as a tribute to this epic that never was.
    Ha, awesome on the LEGO guys.

How is it that Airachnid is nowhere to be found now? I thought people hated that deluxe figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Much like the Newsroom, it seems that people love to hate it. Although, I don't hate her that much. The copter mode is really slick looking. If she's been $9, I doubt anyone else would've hated her either.
    I suspect that whole Airachnid wave was lightly ordered after the first wave choked pegs horribly, and stores are probably going to order right past it when they start ordering more. I returned her at $15 mainly on Peaugh's negative review - he is usually the only video reviewer I can ever stand AND he's fair while staying as positive as possible, and he DUUUUUUMPED on Airachnid so hard that I couldn't help but see the same flaws and wonder where my $15 was going on that figure (at the time, TRU was charging $15 while the other stores were charging $12), so I offered her on the forums and when nobody bit I returned her for cash. Peaugh actually THREW her into frame for the opening! I was dying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6gq5E0FZWg

So naturally now she's friggin' scalper-bait.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This book is a thing of beauty. It's the only book I'm following in floppies (not even Hama's Joe gets that treatment) and the only reason I'm actually making the drive to the nearest comic book shop this week and dealing with their @**hole employees.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=13460

The panel of Spike's eyes when Topspin reminds him he was Fortress Maximus... wow.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I sure hope they make a Transformers: Prime Shockwave. I really liked what they did with him.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Just picked up Prime Sgt. Kup and Rumble. Both neat (if little) figures, both with some minor shoulder issues. I will talk them up some more tomorrow after work! (Also got Commander Skyquake, Battle Tactics Bulkhead, and Legion Tailgate. Oh, and MP Thundercracler and Arms Micron Swerve. )

Wow Chux, a real funnybook huh? I didn't follow the original Marvel books, so would this continuation be difficult for someone like me to follow?

Shockwave was quite the design in TFP last week, but I do wonder if they'll bother doing him above Commander-size since he's currently a 1-off character.

Kup is the Ironhide mold (or vice-versa), that's so weird, I'm not sure if i'll buy him when I see him in stores.

I am curious to hear thoughts on Rumble, the pics have been confusing so far and he wasn't at SDCC if I remember correctly.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Rumble is a solid figure, if you can get over his massive kibble shoulders. The roof parts actually clip on to the shoulder so its not like they're just hovering there.. although I kind of prefer them lowered and hovering over his arms like shields. His pile drivers/cannons cover his hands and are fairly well done. They each have a 5mm hole on the underside of the barrel but I can't see what for. You can peg them both together, but it doesn't really look good (or even intentional) and it can be really difficult separating them. The drivers can be pegged onto the back of his shoulders or on his waist under his arms, although the latter version doesn't look that good IMO. As I mentioned yesterday he is pretty small; his head comes up to Knock Outs headlights in robot mode. The bulkiness of his shoulders makes up for it some what, and his small stature works for me since Rumble was always a small bot anyway. The sides of his vehicle mode stick up out of his back and can get in the way of the shoulders a bit, but it really only hinders more "dynamic" arm poses. The back kibble can be moved out of the way I guess, but then its kinda sticking out a bit. Shoulders and hips are ball jointed, knees are hinged, and and elbows are hinged ratchet joints. No wrist swivel. Head has the standard "revealer" gimmick for this line. The car mode could pass for an Arms Micron release with its woeful lack of detail paint. This is most likely because the entire roof is a transparent red piece, and had to be painted. Still, with figures getting smaller and the increased price point, its disappointing when the head lights are painted black and tail lights are not painted at all. Hasbro can do way better than this. Despite paint problems in alt mode, robot mode fairs much better, and I guess I personally would prefer paint for robot mode over alt mode since he will spend 90% of his time that way. I think he is a good figure with some minor flaws, specifically the way his shoulders are designed and his lack of detail paint apps in alt mode.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Shockwave was quite the design in TFP last week, but I do wonder if they'll bother doing him above Commander-size since he's currently a 1-off character.
    I can't believe hes dead. Shockwave is too important of a character to kill off.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Wow Chux, a real funnybook huh? I didn't follow the original Marvel books, so would this continuation be difficult for someone like me to follow?
    I don't think it'd be too tough. #80.5 does a good job of hitting the main points of the original series, and Furman's been pretty good so far about explaining past events in dialogue (as if #80 came out a month before #81 and nothing was different). There's also a reprint (100 Page Giant?) that reprints, IIRC, #76-#80, which are insanely expensive (although, for some reason, they apparently have to blur out Circuit Breaker or something, so I'm told).

The original series would definitely help, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.