Page 497 of 582 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 5815
    I agree with your reviews of Magnus and Thundertron (does that mean I should give in and buy Lambor?... Ugh, maybe...) Anyway, Magnus would rank higher if the plastic had a little more heft to it and if the ball joints ANYWHERE on the figure were at all tight. I agree, though - why all mechtech weapons don't have a locking tab, I'll never know. RID Megatron would be a much cooler figure in my book if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I understand why anyone would not jump on it for $70. That being said I'm totally fine with how much I paid for it. I think the lack of working doors and the bulk under the alt mode is just a side effect of keeping the figure in scale with MP-10 and still achieving the G1 accurate in both modes look they were going for. MP Sideswipe may be smaller than Alternators, but he is much better figure by far than anything from that line. I'm pretty glad there is no die-cast; its a highly overrated aspect of older Transformers IMO. Rubber tires would be nice, but it doesn't bother me either way and I have trouble understanding why its such an issue for some. Oh well.
    What about it is better than an Alternators figure? I have only seen pics, so I don't know, but the sculpting doesn't look crisper, it doesn't look better-articulated, I'm quite curious to hear where there is value in this piece because I'm sure at some point I'm going to have to decide on getting it in a US release.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I agree with your reviews of Magnus and Thundertron (does that mean I should give in and buy Lambor?... Ugh, maybe...) Anyway, Magnus would rank higher if the plastic had a little more heft to it and if the ball joints ANYWHERE on the figure were at all tight. I agree, though - why all mechtech weapons don't have a locking tab, I'll never know. RID Megatron would be a much cooler figure in my book if he did.
    After your purchase of MP-10, I am surprised to hear you hadn't bought Lambor already, in fact I said something the other day to Bikerscout about maybe Chaddy bought one and will show it off.

RID Megatron doesn't need a locking tab for his sword, the blades are on friction-slip posts, you can just swing them out without the gearing. It's Optimus and Starscream and Dreadwing's weapons that seem like they need the help most, and that's part of why I haven't bought them (I was considering Dreadwing until I saw that horrible kibble they left under the fuselage in vehicle mode, and he has the same crap shoulder design as Megatron it seems).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    After your purchase of MP-10, I am surprised to hear you hadn't bought Lambor already, in fact I said something the other day to Bikerscout about maybe Chaddy bought one and will show it off.
    I just bought him. He'll be here Friday. Expect the announcement for Sideswipe's stateside release to be imminent, as that is my lot in life.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I just bought him. He'll be here Friday. Expect the announcement for Sideswipe's stateside release to be imminent, as that is my lot in life.
    You are too funny, man! At least you won't hear about Sideswipe releasing until February at the earliest.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You are too funny, man! At least you won't hear about Sideswipe releasing until February at the earliest.
    Hopefully they announce Soundwave and his tapes as well. That'd be sweet.

What about it is better than an Alternators figure? I have only seen pics, so I don't know, but the sculpting doesn't look crisper, it doesn't look better-articulated, I'm quite curious to hear where there is value in this piece because I'm sure at some point I'm going to have to decide on getting it in a US release.
    Well he is certainly more poseable and looks much better than his Alt counter-part, which is the one I had in my head for my earlier comments. Comparing him to lets say, Smokescreen, I think Sideswipe fairs better articulation wise. The waist joint has full 360 degree rotation, even in the wider leg stance pose I have him in right now. Speaking of the legs, they have much more range at the hips; he can easily do a high kick pose and can hold it with some weight balance/fidgeting. Sideswipe doesn't have the double hinged elbow that Smokescreen has, but he does have an upper arm swivel at the base of his shoulder. I prefer that swivel over the double hinge elbow. The hands are similar, and both toys weapons plug in similarly albeit with different shaped pegs. Sideswipe's hands are better proportioned though, where as Smokescreen's always seemed a little too large. The wrists on Swipe are swivel as opposed to Smoke's ball-joint. I'm not sure I really have a preference on that aspect. Both heads have a 360 rotation; Smoke has a better up and down range, but Sideswipe's range is enough to be satisfying.

One of the big aspects for this toy is his transformation: much like MP-10 the transformation to and from bot mode is complex enough for a Masterpiece toy, but never frustrating. That is a big problem I always had with Alternators. Some of them I had to practice in order to get their transformation down, and even afterwards there would be some frustrating bits. Sideswipe to me is fun to transform, and I've probably converted him more in the short time that I've owned him than other TF's I've owned for years.

Well he is certainly more poseable and looks much better than his Alt counter-part, which is the one I had in my head for my earlier comments. Comparing him to lets say, Smokescreen, I think Sideswipe fairs better articulation wise. The waist joint has full 360 degree rotation, even in the wider leg stance pose I have him in right now. Speaking of the legs, they have much more range at the hips; he can easily do a high kick pose and can hold it with some weight balance/fidgeting. Sideswipe doesn't have the double hinged elbow that Smokescreen has, but he does have an upper arm swivel at the base of his shoulder. I prefer that swivel over the double hinge elbow. The hands are similar, and both toys weapons plug in similarly albeit with different shaped pegs. Sideswipe's hands are better proportioned though, where as Smokescreen's always seemed a little too large. The wrists on Swipe are swivel as opposed to Smoke's ball-joint. I'm not sure I really have a preference on that aspect. Both heads have a 360 rotation; Smoke has a better up and down range, but Sideswipe's range is enough to be satisfying.

One of the big aspects for this toy is his transformation: much like MP-10 the transformation to and from bot mode is complex enough for a Masterpiece toy, but never frustrating. That is a big problem I always had with Alternators. Some of them I had to practice in order to get their transformation down, and even afterwards there would be some frustrating bits. Sideswipe to me is fun to transform, and I've probably converted him more in the short time that I've owned him than other TF's I've owned for years.
    Squee! I can't:
    A) Wait to get mine!
    B) Hold back my enthusiasm for this mold!
    C) Believe I spent over $80 for him
    D) All of the above

Masterpiece Prime is awesome. I got mine last week and absolutely love it.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Amazon charged my card for G2 Bruticus today, and I just got an email that it shipped and will be here Friday. It never rains but pours - final wave of SW TVC, MP Prime showing up later today, and now G2 Bruticus all in the course of 2 weeks despite them supposed to have shipped a month apart each.

EDIT: AAAH! Annoying! They're using FedEx Smartpost which means I'm at the mercy of the Post Office to deliver Bruticus, maybe it'll show up at 9am Friday, maybe it'll show up next week.

Hopefully they announce Soundwave and his tapes as well. That'd be sweet.
    Yeah, that'd be nice, something to look forward to. But I bet they wouldn't announce that until Botcon or SDCC.

Thanks for the 411. I'm still not convinced I am hearing 4x the value on Swipe, but I'll keep it in mind.

I can't fault anyone for waiting for a Hasbro release. I started wholesaling Arms Micron figures awhile back so its a little cheaper for me to pick up the MP's as well.