Page 519 of 578 FirstFirst ... 19419469509515516517518519520521522523529569 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 5776
    Probably a good idea to pick him up on sight since he is short-packed.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    JT, I highly recommend Blaster. I see that you got Soundblaster and like him, so get this one too. I love the head sculpt on this guy, plus the yellow/red paint really pops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Probably a good idea to pick him up on sight since he is short-packed.
    Thanks for the advice, both of you. I'm on the fence because I'm not a fan of the G1 character, but if I see him, I will pick him up and decide afterwards. If Ramhorn proves hard to get though, I'd be bummed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Immediately found Blaster and bought him. He's not quite as good as Soundblaster because I'm already used to this mold on that figure, and also the head is a tad confusing - they have silver paint on it, yet they painted the "goggles" visor red like the rest of the head's paint, which is only a look found in some of the Marvel comics, instead of silver like the original toy and the cartoon and IDW. Also, I don't love the chestpiece, it's flimsy and not that well painted, looks like a late addition to the party and doesn't secure well in alt mode. But overall it's a good figure and very consistent to the character - good size and color and mass, has the right electro-scrambler accessory. Plus, his alt mode wheels with their faux Autobot logo hubs can be folded out in bot mode to look like speakers.

Steeljaw has new sculpting from Ravage in the back panels and it causes him to be even more floppy and odd, but it also lets him be posed differently from Ravage. Now to get Eject and Ramhorn.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So like an idiot, I bought Grimlock even after reading your guys warnings/opinions of him. I figured, hey, it's still Grimlock... and I had a $10 coupon/giftcard. In robot mode, it's a decent figure. You can put him in great poses, and he looks game accurate, if not a tad generic. The joints are tight, which is good, but the legs are a little too tight. Transforming him is easy, but why bother. You start by transforming the head. The first line of steps give you hope, the head is a game accurate sculpt and the light up function is nice. Then it all goes downhill from there. The arm transformation into the legs is lazy and because of the empty hull, the legs wobble. It looks like T-Rex on ice. How is he going to pick himself up when he falls with those little front arms? The leg transformation into the tail is goofy, and way too wide. You have to force it too, which probably means a future break. With the wideness of the legs, and the emptyness/flatness of the body, its makes the dinosaur look like Big Momma from that Martin Lawrence movie. I don't understand why they didn't try to add a pivot to the legs in order to tuck one into his chest and use the other one for the tail. I gave up trying to make it stand decently and quickly changed it back into a robot.

My second mistake purchase was the data discs for Soundwave. First off, I like Ratbat. Good color scheme, nice head sculpt. I just wish the birds had some joints to make them perch. Ravage and Frenzy are just stupid. Generic to the core. They immediately were placed in Soundwaves chest. Ravage is too wide. I don't think it wouldn't have been too bad if they would have made the top part fold down to make him appear thinner. After playing with him a while to attempt to make him work, he ended up in Soundwaves chest too.

I did run into Blaster, but I passed. I was never a big Blaster fan and I'm quickly running out of display room at my office. I did like the G1 head sculpt, even if he had a goofy smirk on it.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Here a picture I took with Soundwave with Ratbat and Laserbeak "perched" on him.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_2528[1].jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	27204

And here's one with Grimlock, Bruticus, and Soundwave being the pocket protection for the last three of the last four Bronco quarterbacks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_2529[1].jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	27205
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

BBTS has preorders up for Springer and Blitzwing. The two together is a quite reasonable $22 a piece.

Spotted dlx BH Starscream and Bulkhead at Target today. Such an easy pass, and so frustrating because it meant I had missed Smokescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    BBTS has preorders up for Springer and Blitzwing. The two together is a quite reasonable $22 a piece.
    I saw that, $22.50 a piece for the set, I ordered it through SSG's sponsor link on the front page. The shipping is $9.29, but I figure since they don't charge tax and that's a buck less than Target and TRU pricing between the 2, so that brings it down with shipping to only $4 more total than I'd be paying between them, and with gas as pricey as it is that's the equivalent of about 10 miles per figure driving which I'd more than likely do anyway in the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    So like an idiot, I bought Grimlock even after reading your guys warnings/opinions of him. I figured, hey, it's still Grimlock... and I had a $10 coupon/giftcard. In robot mode, it's a decent figure. You can put him in great poses, and he looks game accurate, if not a tad generic. The joints are tight, which is good, but the legs are a little too tight. Transforming him is easy, but why bother. You start by transforming the head. The first line of steps give you hope, the head is a game accurate sculpt and the light up function is nice. Then it all goes downhill from there. The arm transformation into the legs is lazy and because of the empty hull, the legs wobble. It looks like T-Rex on ice. How is he going to pick himself up when he falls with those little front arms? The leg transformation into the tail is goofy, and way too wide. You have to force it too, which probably means a future break. With the wideness of the legs, and the emptyness/flatness of the body, its makes the dinosaur look like Big Momma from that Martin Lawrence movie. I don't understand why they didn't try to add a pivot to the legs in order to tuck one into his chest and use the other one for the tail. I gave up trying to make it stand decently and quickly changed it back into a robot.

My second mistake purchase was the data discs for Soundwave. First off, I like Ratbat. Good color scheme, nice head sculpt. I just wish the birds had some joints to make them perch. Ravage and Frenzy are just stupid. Generic to the core. They immediately were placed in Soundwaves chest. Ravage is too wide. I don't think it wouldn't have been too bad if they would have made the top part fold down to make him appear thinner. After playing with him a while to attempt to make him work, he ended up in Soundwaves chest too.

I did run into Blaster, but I passed. I was never a big Blaster fan and I'm quickly running out of display room at my office. I did like the G1 head sculpt, even if he had a goofy smirk on it.
    Sorry to hear you're frustrated. It is an ok figure in robot mode if you can overlook the hollowness, the leg joints are frustrating because the knees are way tighter than the transformation joints - if you think about keeping the tail/shins clicked in then it's not hard to pose, but it's not pleasant either.

Ooh, yeah, the disk minions really are a hard purchase coming off of Grimlock. Feet would have been nice, I know the Bakugan team could have pulled it off too.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Sorry to hear you're frustrated. It is an ok figure in robot mode if you can overlook the hollowness, the leg joints are frustrating because the knees are way tighter than the transformation joints - if you think about keeping the tail/shins clicked in then it's not hard to pose, but it's not pleasant either.

Ooh, yeah, the disk minions really are a hard purchase coming off of Grimlock. Feet would have been nice, I know the Bakugan team could have pulled it off too.
    If you consider these as the new normal for TF Figures, Grimlock isn't AWFUL, he's just not very good and we would have gotten better had he been produced using quality levels from a few years ago. And he's overly expensive given his draw backs. But he's a good toy in each mode. That light is crazy bright. Maybe my expectations are low because you guys all hate him so much, but I don't regret picking him up.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    If you consider these as the new normal for TF Figures, Grimlock isn't AWFUL, he's just not very good and we would have gotten better had he been produced using quality levels from a few years ago. And he's overly expensive given his draw backs. But he's a good toy in each mode. That light is crazy bright. Maybe my expectations are low because you guys all hate him so much, but I don't regret picking him up.
    I am going to disagree on that first part, Grimlock is from the same team that brought us that Soundwave mold, and I'll even consider it up against the FOC and Prime figures. I'm glad you enjoy the figure, but I'm surprised to hear you call it a good toy in either mode - it's a good-looking articulated statue in robot mode, and a bad statue all around in dino mode with a single good feature (the light in the mouth).

Well, that's what G1 was, so I guess I feel like I had a lot of fun with those figs and I consider those solid toys. But you are also right.