Page 527 of 586 FirstFirst ... 27427477517523524525526527528529530531537577 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 5851
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Have you read AHM before? Prepare for disappointment, no matter how low your expectations may be. It's crap. They don't even try to fit it in with what came before, and had to attach the four-issue "Coda" and the Maximum Dinobots miniseries to explain what the hell was going on. They never did explain how in the name of Primus Bombshell had fought Blaster thousands or millions of years ago, when AHM makes a point that he's brand spanking new.

(Frankly, though, "For All Mankind," the first volume in the ongoing that followed it, was ten times worse. That succeeded in doing what even Pat Lee and the Dreamwave BS with Grimlock becoming a Decepticon couldn't, make me drop TF comics altogether. Obviously, I got back into them, as a friend wouldn't stop telling me the ongoing got infinitely better in Volume 2, and it did. Now, I'm in a minority--it seems everyone else hates the entire series; me, just the first arc.)
    It was free. I skimmed AHM before, it had some interesting ideas but uneven execution, but I figure the first issue free and no Hasbro product to mess with, might as well use that hobby time somehow. That plus 700 free Marvel first issues later this week.

I have no love for Dreamwave & Pat Lee's work, totally ignore it whenever possible. I can't speak ongoing series that came after AHM but am surprised you're that angry at volume 1. I didn't get back into the line until LSotW which was pretty impressive storytelling without a lot of baggage. I think what's good about RID and MTMTE is that same lack of baggage, the change in direction that allows folks to get back on board if they've only been doing the WFC games and the toys lately.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got my TP:BH Shockwave last night. Great figure. My only complaint is the the gimmicky gun. I don't care for the spinning function and I can't figure out how to keep it open.

I personally don't care for the tank, but I didn't buy him for transformation anyway. The tank transformation is very awkward.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I wasn't "angry" about For All Mankind. It was just an awful five (?) issues. Coming after the complete mess of All Hail Megatron, and coupled with both the bizarre sudden redesign of the Transformers to look more like Bayformers and the complete dropping of Furman's epic subplots, it just seemed like a good dropping point.

(I'm not saying the early IDW was Furman's best work, but he'd clearly set up subplots that would've required years to resolve properly, and it happened in two short miniseries, the second of which seemed like an afterthought to explain what the hell happened between Revelation and All Hail Megatron to make AHM possible, since Grimlock, Scorponok, Headmaster Sunstreaker, and several others should've been running around on Earth.)

Frankly, Dreamwave's stuff got fairly decent toward the end. I won't say it was great, or even very good, but it was readable, and the direction was interesting. I'd love to see it wrapped up at some point; don't understand how licensed comic work can be wrapped up in a licensor's bankruptcy scandal.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I got my TP:BH Shockwave last night. Great figure. My only complaint is the the gimmicky gun. I don't care for the spinning function and I can't figure out how to keep it open.

I personally don't care for the tank, but I didn't buy him for transformation anyway. The tank transformation is very awkward.
    There's no way to keep the gun open, from everything I've read. I would assume there actually is a gearing slip or jump that might allow it, but if there is no play there it could break. I won't know til I get one.

Yeah, H-tank, classic lazy designing - Animated's version at least had the job of being a quad-changer to fall back on.

I wasn't "angry" about For All Mankind. It was just an awful five (?) issues. Coming after the complete mess of All Hail Megatron, and coupled with both the bizarre sudden redesign of the Transformers to look more like Bayformers and the complete dropping of Furman's epic subplots, it just seemed like a good dropping point.

(I'm not saying the early IDW was Furman's best work, but he'd clearly set up subplots that would've required years to resolve properly, and it happened in two short miniseries, the second of which seemed like an afterthought to explain what the hell happened between Revelation and All Hail Megatron to make AHM possible, since Grimlock, Scorponok, Headmaster Sunstreaker, and several others should've been running around on Earth.)

Frankly, Dreamwave's stuff got fairly decent toward the end. I won't say it was great, or even very good, but it was readable, and the direction was interesting. I'd love to see it wrapped up at some point; don't understand how licensed comic work can be wrapped up in a licensor's bankruptcy scandal.
    For All Mankind is the first 6 issue mini-arc from Ongoing, the TPB collects them all unlike the RID and MTMTE trades which let mini-arcs cross volumes.

Dreamwave was the licensee, not the licensor, pretty sure you don't mean Hasbro went bankrupt.

So I read RID issues 6 and 7 yesterday, some of the momentum coming off the first few issues felt squandered, but some of it carried through nicely. The Wheeljack-heavy story could have been clearer, jumping from timeline to timeline lost the idea of the "fun with science" deus ex machina field generator Wheeljack was building. Some real unique philosophical ideas here though, I'm glad to see RID gets to enjoy deep philosophical ideas too since MTMTE is paved with them.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah, H-tank, classic lazy designing - Animated's version at least had the job of being a quad-changer to fall back on.
    He actually transformed into the tank last night; and he held his own against Team Prime, unlike the other main Decepticons.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    He actually transformed into the tank last night; and he held his own against Team Prime, unlike the other main Decepticons.
    I saw that. "Held his own" is a dubious claim though, like Predaking he didn't really hold his own against a big group, he fought 1 or 2 guys and didn't die.

Some "ultimate Autobot hunter" Predaking is!

I was a bit skeptical about Michael Ironside as Magnus but he's pulling it off, IMO.

Voyager BH Shockwave's quality is quite good so what did happen with FOC Grimlock?

I saw the BH Shockwave today. He actually looked quite cool. If he was a bit less "Baytastic," I might've picked him up.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Some "ultimate Autobot hunter" Predaking is!
    No kidding! He's as clumsy as the rest of those idiots!

I was a bit skeptical about Michael Ironside as Magnus but he's pulling it off, IMO.
    He seems like what I expected them to do with the character, a little bit UM and a little bit Sentinel Prime. The comment about not liking "wrecker style" though is a tad dumb considering that UM works with the wreckers in several incarnations, INCLUDING this one (in the Exodus novels).

Voyager BH Shockwave's quality is quite good so what did happen with FOC Grimlock?
    Budget growing pains? Electronics ruined the ability to do better? Designer attached too much importance to a singular gimmick at the cost of better ideas? Or perhaps Hasbro realized having EVERY voyager from Prime season 1 and 2 end up at clearance was a sign the market wasn't interesting in that chintzy a product.

I saw the BH Shockwave today. He actually looked quite cool. If he was a bit less "Baytastic," I might've picked him up.
    You are KILLING me! What store?

WM. A bit out of your range, though. I'll keep mum on exactly which one; if I get a chance, I'll stop by there and see if he's still there.
    Tommy, close your eyes.