Page 539 of 581 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 5805
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean about how loose Springer's transformations are though. You find him floppy?
    I'm having trouble keeping his arms in in helicopter mode. I attached the tabs correctly, but it seems like a flimsy job. The back flap won't stay in its tab either. The car mode the shoulders/hood doesn't attach too well. It doesn't look correct. The sword attachment inhibits the vehicle movement. For either mode, I find I have to remove his head to transform him.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Fans should have voted "Kremzeek!" (spelling?) their No.1 pick for the Hall of Fame then.

I'd love to hear Hasbro host a panel totally dedicated to him and bring in the voice-actor who would sporadically yell out "Kremzeeek! Kremzeeek!" every once in a while.

A whole 3 people (on tranquilizers) might attend that panel at BotCon.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I'm having trouble keeping his arms in in helicopter mode. I attached the tabs correctly, but it seems like a flimsy job. The back flap won't stay in its tab either. The car mode the shoulders/hood doesn't attach too well. It doesn't look correct. The sword attachment inhibits the vehicle movement. For either mode, I find I have to remove his head to transform him.
    When you say "loose", do you mean floppy like you shake him and the parts just flop about, or do you mean they don't lock down? Most of the things you mention are true of mine in that they don't lock down, the back flap doesn't tab at all, the car hood doesn't fully mesh together, and the right arm doesn't stay perfectly tabbed on the shoulder in helicopter mode, but none of those problems on mine are loose at all, there's enough friction to keep them in place even when they aren't aligned great.

I don't have trouble with the sword in vehicle mode but I suspect I know why you are, the instructions are woefully difficult to understand but the sword pegs into tabs on the underside of the helicopter landing legs in car mode, and aligns into a notch near the front underside, but if the sword pegs miss the landing legs' tabs then they push those legs down, or they push the nose of the car out of place.

The head doesn't need to come off, it needs to nod up or down to get clearance, the instructions are ok on this so you may need to try again looking them over - this is a fairly common thing with some Transformers over the last 20 years, heads that only pass through parts when angled a certain way. Also, on Springer, you have to watch out for the landing leg inside the bot chest/chopper nose. Hopefully it works out on your next pass, it's close but shouldn't need to be removed.

If your figure is floppy and having that many clearance issues, I'd suggest asking for a replacement or buying another one and returning this one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    When you say "loose", do you mean floppy like you shake him and the parts just flop about, or do you mean they don't lock down?
    Yeah, I meant doesn't lock down. I finally got the arms to stay attached in helicopter mode, I guess my problem is it's a lazy solution to solve the arm problem. I don't really like the look of the arms in helicopter mode. Just a minor complaint. That back flap tab really annoys me though.

In car mode, I can only get one "arm" window to stay in. I've tried several times by reconstructing the arms but only the right one stays.

I think other than these small issues, it's a nice figure. I think the yellow portions looks plastic, and that was my big problem with Blitzwing. Springers head is a great sculpt. I had him standing under the light by my laptop last night and he was pretty impressive looking.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

This may be off-subject, but I'd kill to see some Hasbro-made or good customs of the zombies from RG1.

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/...ose_ends_2.jpg

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/...G1_83_cvrB.jpg
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Yeah, I meant doesn't lock down. I finally got the arms to stay attached in helicopter mode, I guess my problem is it's a lazy solution to solve the arm problem. I don't really like the look of the arms in helicopter mode. Just a minor complaint. That back flap tab really annoys me though.

In car mode, I can only get one "arm" window to stay in. I've tried several times by reconstructing the arms but only the right one stays.

I think other than these small issues, it's a nice figure. I think the yellow portions looks plastic, and that was my big problem with Blitzwing. Springers head is a great sculpt. I had him standing under the light by my laptop last night and he was pretty impressive looking.
    Ok, I see what you mean. The back flap annoyed me when I first got it too, but it's got a "close enough" look that I lived with it. The arms in chopper mode eventually will line up and tab together on mine with minute adjustments of the panels, but there's no real payoff, they look like kibbly pods but that's ok with me because that's what the original G1 figure had.

I also have that problem with the left window not staying in alignment, it's a minor clearance issue with the plastic somewhere but i haven't tracked it down, it bothers me too but doesn't bring down my enjoyment of the figure so it wasn't on my mind when you posted before.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    This may be off-subject, but I'd kill to see some Hasbro-made or good customs of the zombies from RG1.

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/...ose_ends_2.jpg

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/...G1_83_cvrB.jpg
    More zombies? Man, everything's zombies, we've just got a second round of zombies on the TF:Prime show as well, it's ridiculous. Anyway, I can't imagine mass-produced toys of that, but I can almost guarantee you there will be customs of this at Botcon.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I suspect that, though the RG1 zombies weren't entirely unaffected by the trend in zombie fiction, but they provided a way for Megatron to have a loyal army to conquer Earth while Prime was paying no attention. The Transformers on Earth at the end of the original series were Fortress Maximus; Galvatron (frozen under ice); Megatron, Ratchet, Shockwave, and Starscream (who were fighting each other when the Ark re-crashed); and a lot of deactivated Decepticons (and a few Autobots) in the Ark's cold storage. Given that two of the Decepticons on the Ark were known traitors and another (Ratbat) was a former Decepticon commander who was more effective in the past than Megatron and might not be keen on following his orders unless he was brain-dead, it made sense in the context.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Oh wow! Those zombie Transformers are awesome!

I am missing out by not reading THAT comic series.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It's one of the best out there. Trouble is, it's a continuation of the original series (that's partly why the first story arc was called "Loose Ends"), and starts at #80.5 (the Free Comic Book Day issue that sorta recaps the original series and sets up the violent end to the 21-year peace on Cybertron). It draws upon the previous 80 issues, and builds particularly heavily on the last 24, some of which had ridiculously low print runs and sell for more money than any of the comics people actually thought in 1991 would be worth anything. (And those issues won't be reprinted in full in paperback form until probably early next year.)

The guy who wrote #5-#55 (minus a couple of fill-ins) did a great job, but he left a lot of the loose ends, like several dozen Transformers who were killed when Starscream obtained a powerful artifact called the Underbase and went mad, killing Transformers right and left until he finally exploded. (Their whereabouts were never addressed, but the Autobots apparently cleaned up the Decepticons as well, and Grimlock wasn't too keen on bringing them back with Nucleon.) A few were resurrected by means of Pretender shells with advanced healing technology or Nucleon, but the rest wound up zombies.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

With some help from the Wiki (and, yeah, this Jose Delbo cover sucks all kind of butt), as well as appearances in later issues as corpses, resurrected Transformers, or zombies, those killed by Starscream included:
    • the Dinobots
    • the Seacons
    • the Aerialbots
    • the Throttlebots
    • the Predacons
    • the Decepticon Triple-Changers
    • the Terrorcons
    • the Protectobots
    • the Combaticons
    • the three original Insecticons
    • Hound
    • Bluestreak
    • Mirage
    • Hoist
    • Brawn
    • Gears
    • Jazz
    • Jetfire
    • Thundercracker
    • Laserbeak
    • Buzzsaw
    • Doublecross
    • Grotusque
    • Repugnus
    • Blaster
    • Huffer
    • Inferno
    • Gold Bug
    • Powerglide
    • Beachcomber
    • Perceptor
    • Prowl
    • Tracks
    • Wheeljack
    • Skids
      [*Hound
    • Ironhide
    • possibly Seaspray (he shows up in the next issue, but is said later to have died, so it's a discrepancy)

Also among the dead is Ratbat, killed by Scorponok while both factions of Decepticons have teamed up with the Autobots to fight Starscream.

Megatron (or someone working for him) created a super-powered Pretender shell to resurrect Starscream (apparently with memories of this incident wiped from his memory), and Ratchet used the three prototype shells to revive Grimlock, Jazz, and Gold Bug (switching him back to his Bumblebee body in the process).

Grimlock deserted later to find a means to revive the Dinobots, and brought back a super-fuel (with unforeseen chaotic consequences) called Nucleon. He pumped at least one bay's worth of Autobots full of Nucleon (which included most of the Autobots listed above, as well as Sunstreaker, who'd been killed way back in issue #4 and basically forgotten), and it's been confirmed this included at least the Dinobots, Blaster, Skids, Inferno, Prowl, Huffer, Silverbolt (and presumably the other Aerialbots), and First Aid (also likely including the rest of the Protectobots).

It's likely that every Decepticon listed above became a zombie when Megatron cobbled them together, whether seen or not. Also, it's confirmed that the Monsterbots (Repugnus, Grotusque, and Doublecross) were zombified, so I guess Grimlock didn't recognize them as Autobots when he gave them a shot of Nucleon.

Whew!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.