Page 542 of 566 FirstFirst ... 42442492532538539540541542543544545546552 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 5655
    I know masterpiece Soundwave is a Toys R us exclusive, but who has Masterpiece Prowl?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    And freakin' Doubledealer (even if he is a Blitzwing repaint, who cares?)!
    From the pictures I've seen, he looks better than Blitzwing. Cosmos, Swerve, and Skids look great!

I'm a bit behind on RiD, but I've been told Bumblebee had to get a new body for some reason that looks Goldbug-ish, but, obviously, it's unlikely he'd go by that name since Goldbug is established to be a totally separate character in this universe. Is Goldfire the name Bumblebee is going by following this upgrade?
    Unfortunately... Yes.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Here's my coverage of yesterday's Botcon events...

Photos: http://www.actionfigs.com/content.ph...Photo-Coverage

Hasbro panel live write-up: http://www.tfviews.com/news/main/1687

I didn't know they'd be putting out the SDCC exclusives today or I would have stayed down there overnight, but as I had no toothbrush and no change of clothes, I chose to head home since Sundays are usually dead at these things.

I was surprised Tycho didn't show up, it was a few blocks from his house, I could see his place from the central hotel tower.

Anyway, I'll be back in a little while to post more thoughts.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I know masterpiece Soundwave is a Toys R us exclusive, but who has Masterpiece Prowl?
    Did something change? I didn't think MP Prowl had been announced. Just Acid Storm and Soundwave.

I guess I'll be buying SDCC Metroplex as well as skipping out on the Hasbro panel since it'll probably be a rehash of the Botcon reveals plus the fan bot reveal, I guess.

Saw plenty of Springer and Blitzwings at 2 Targets this weekend. That's already more than the total number of Grimlocks and Blasters that I've seen at retail.

I would have picked up that laboratory had i not already gotten Shockwave.
    At first that's how I felt, but on studying the pics, I cannot see where $50 goes in that set. It's a $22 Voyager and a $9 Cyberverse Commander, some nifty but cardboard and vacu-form packaging, and a fat pricetag. The mainline Shockwave isn't that different from the SDCC paint job, and I don't want that Cyb Predaking at all.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Some pretty good reveals out of Botcon. It's about time we got another Rhinox and Cosmos!
    Quite agreed!!! A lot of good reveals.

Omigod omigod omigod!!!

Cosmos!!

MTMTE-accurate Skids and Swerve!!

And freakin' Doubledealer (even if he is a Blitzwing repaint, who cares?)!!

Can someone at Comic-Con please ask why the hell it is that Joe fans practically begged for IDW-accurate updates, particularly Crystal Ball, Croc Master, Cobra Commander, Tomax & Xamot, and the Crimson Guards, and we got nothing, but the TF team is doing this incredible IDW-accurate stuff without having really been asked to?

I'm a bit behind on RiD, but I've been told Bumblebee had to get a new body for some reason that looks Goldbug-ish, but, obviously, it's unlikely he'd go by that name since Goldbug is established to be a totally separate character in this universe. Is Goldfire the name Bumblebee is going by following this upgrade?
    Alright, calm yourself. They are very cool reveals. As for why TF works hand in hand with IDW while GI Joe shuns it, I couldn't tell you, but probably Derryl could. My guess is that GI Joe is undergoing an identity crisis, it's entirely lost the kid market and has shed a lot of its hardcore collector market too, and is in the process of trying to find an identity that works at market.

Bumblebee gets the Goldbug mask, they needed to fix him quickly using old parts he brought back from Earth, is how they explained it.

None of the Takara MP cars are coming to the US at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Did something change? I didn't think MP Prowl had been announced. Just Acid Storm and Soundwave.
    No changes, you are correct in your understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I guess I'll be buying SDCC Metroplex as well as skipping out on the Hasbro panel since it'll probably be a rehash of the Botcon reveals plus the fan bot reveal, I guess.
    I wouldn't skip the SDCC panel, they often have a little something different from Botcon in terms of product, but I could understand why you would when last year's had very little new.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Well JT and Bikerscout, here's the confirmation: http://news.toyark.com/2013/07/02/to...con-2013-91418
    I called it, YEAH! Oh man, SDCC just got $120 more expensive for me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

SDCC just got more expensive for me as well. I may need to forgo the Jetfire sky striker now.

I can't even preorder Slave 1 just yet either.

If there's anyone who's going to SDCC and wants to offset the price of the exclusives just a bit, and has no interest in the Bludgeon figure, I might be able to help.

JT, I can't help but envision that sequence as something like this.

Wheeljack: "How do you feel, Bumblebee?"
    Bumblebee: "I feel great! In fact, I feel like some sort of gold bug!"
    Wheeljack: "I think maybe that should be your new name!"
    Goldbug: "Um, yeah, dude, no. You ain't taking my name. I'm standing right here, for cryin' out loud. And this isn't like one of those crazy 'two Prowls' things, because I'm only obscure if you count finding freakin' Metroplex and indirectly killing damn Sixshot to be obscure, yo."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Then again EE's SDCC line is a nightmare. Not Hasbro nightmarish but they don't have anywhere near the inventory that Hasbro does.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I didn't know they'd be putting out the SDCC exclusives today or I would have stayed down there overnight, but as I had no toothbrush and no change of clothes, I chose to head home since Sundays are usually dead at these things.
    It was quite a surprise for me. I had no interest in the SDCC Metroplex over the mainline one but after seeing it in person.. I really, really want one.

I had a pretty good time at Botcon. The crowds were much lighter than last year. Good for those of us there, bad for the vendors and Fun Pub. It was great hanging out with JT and Bikerscout for a bit!