Page 548 of 580 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558 ... LastLast
Results 5,471 to 5,480 of 5800
    RG1 was always intended to last 21 issues (81-100, plus the 80.5 freebie). They've actually added one additional issue, #0, which is coming out in a couple of months and I think tells stories set on Earth during the Autobots' absence.

There're a couple of bigtime doozy moments in the Primus Chamber in the latest ish, including a vision Hot Rod sees that may actually cement G1's place in the weird TF multiverse thingy. And someone else is not dead... but not exactly alive, either, from the looks of it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Chad, I changed that "Acid Storm is MP-02" to what I'm sure you meant, "MP-01".
    Haha. I'm an idiot. Thanks.

Finally got to open my Soundwave today. This is only my second Masterpiece figure so I wasn't sure what to expect. My first one was the 30th anniversary Optimus Prime figure. While not as good as that one, I am really impressed with this figure.

First, I'll get the negatives out of the way. As nice as this figure is, and as good as it looks, it feels cheep and hollow. The transformation for this figure is very tight and several times I felt like I was going to break it due to the light weight plastic. He feels just like the original G1 Soundwave, so maybe that's what they were going for. Also, the instructions are terrible. There were several pieces that I had to refer to youtube to figure out what to do with them.

Now the positives...
    In General:
    As noted, the figure joints of Soundwave and all his minions are very tight. In fact, there is a locking mechanism for pretty much every step. I've lost count of all my recent purchases where you transform the bot and pieces hang loose and don't lock in place.

The cassettes:
    These are the highlight for me. While only three different molds, the fact that all the accessories that came with the G1 tapes are included within the transformation is a great addition. The first one I transformed was Ravage, and while I thought is hind leg missiles are a little low, It's quite a nifty transformation. He's not very pose-able except for stalking mode. Buzzsaw and Laserbeak are easily my favorite. I love how these cassettes go from 2-d to 3-d so quick. Their heads are pose-able and you can adjust their wings. I have not, however, been able to get their head camera out. Rumble and Frenzy look great with their earthquake pounders. They are slightly smaller than the commander cyberverse figures. The pose-ability of these two are great. you can position them as so they can pound the ground without making them look like they are just leaning over.

Soundwave:
    Soundwaves upper body is completely pose-able. You can make him press his own eject button, he can hold either his gun or the Megatron gun at any angle, and most importantly, their are clear slits in his shoulders and fore arms for Laserbeak or Buzzsaw to lock into. They improved on the design of the FOC Soundwave tape deck by removing the rod eject system and adding a spring activated panel system. The deck holds three cassettes although they do occasionally get stuck, especially when put in upside down. His leg joints are what concern me. Both legs are connected by ball joints to his waist which you would think allow for greater movement but unfortunately does not as the tape deck controls lock them in place. In order to pose his legs, you have to do a good deal of manipulating the ball joint rotation. Transformation into a take deck is a little complicated considering its a giant rectangle. The ball joints are the big concern here as well. You have to spin the legs out, then rotates up, then rotate the legs back. Also, the instructions weren't clear on this, but there is a tap you must press to descend each leg.

All in all, this is a good, if not great figure. Most of his shortcomings come through the transformation, which I will probably never do again. I could transform the tapes back and forth forever; they are so much fun. Once I get it into a good pose, I'll snap a picture and post it. I'm not sure its worth the price tag though. I know the Takara cassettes cost 70 dollars for 2, but the whole Hasbro figure feels like a 75 dollar one.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I was OK with the price since I almost dropped $190 for just Soundwave and Lazerbeak 6 months ago. Heh.

I picked up the IDW RID vol. 1 trade from my LCS for just $3.99!

Got the Kreo Abominus from Target as well.

Here is my Soundwave and minions attacking my Lego Tower Bridge. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2569.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	27904
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I think I'm the only one that cares about these but wave 3 of the Kreo micro changers is out and I picked up 3/4th of the wave at Target.

No other TF product line will give you an assortment as varied as Cheetor, Sharkticon, Nosecone, Thrust, Nemesis Prime and they look great all stationed on Metroplex.

Admittedly I prefer the robot modes as the alt are usually really poorly designed.

IDW Hoist and Thundercracker are out btw though I have not seen either. Actually I haven't even seen wave 1 of the IDW deluxes for around 2 weeks now.

There is a video allegedly from Transformers 4 of Grimlock marching through a industrial area destroying things
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Is it the "viral" video supposedly from Sector Seven? That was one of the promo pieces for the first Bay movie. There was also Devastator, Starscream, and the Insecticons. Funny thing is, they all had the classic appearances, and really undermined the whole "classic looks won't work in live action" argument because they actually looked better than the finished movie and its nymphomaniac robot space lemurs.

Question, because I suck at the Google: Anyone know where I can find a sound clip of Hot Rod delivering the universal greeting to the Junkions? (Or even the entire Junkion encounter; I can trim it.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Found a lone Roadbuster at the first Target I've been to that hadn't raised prices to $16.99. They're so much better as Wreckers than Combaticons. Now I need the other four. Or at least three--isn't a G1/IDW-accurate Whirl confirmed?
    Tommy, close your eyes.