Page 549 of 566 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549550551552553559 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,490 of 5656
    Yes, a Voyager G1/IDW Whirl is coming.

The funny thing about Target's prices is that some stores had raised deluxes to 15.59 but then lowered them again to 12.99.

The first Transformers Michael Bay movie was on USA or something.

I watched most of the Mission City battle but I'm going to have to put my DVDs in and do a movie marathon.

I really love these films and always wanted something like this when I was a child.

I was really interested in the Arialbots then, too.

Now I love how Devastator was formed in ROTF, with no 'cons jumping up to Devastator's shoulder height so that Scrapper or High Tower could hook on, but having the big guy form on the ground. In the BayVerse, Constructicons can't fly.

Now Arialbots CAN fly of course, but if you've ever watched how fighter jets refuel from tanker planes in the air.... some kind of precision flying to form Superion could look awesome!

I'd also hope that they'd keep the Arialbots varied and not all the same kind of plane:

(SOME of these are new, not G1 traditional, but...)

Silverbolt - the Concord (same)
    Fireflight (F-18 this time?)
    Air Raid (F-35 this time?)
    Slingshot (Harrier)
    SkyDive (F-16, same)

Now I hope in TF4 we are getting the Stunticons. We've already seen Decepticon cars: Barricade, Sideways, Soundwave.

MotorMaster needs to appear before there's a Nemesis Prime or something.
    Some of those sports cars they've shown for TF4 can be "Autobots" that betray Prime because they are really Stunticons - loyal to Galvatron who will not make the same mistakes that Megatron did.

Maybe Galvatron could be a new body The Fallen had promised Megatron which he was able to upload himself into - thus explaining the personality (disorder).

Versus the Arialbots, Cyclonus MUST appear! He can command Thundercracker, Skywarp, Thrust, Dirge, and Ramjet.

You can have The Sweeps (Scourge and all) but if they are realistic Hovercraft, I don't see how Silverbolt's team couldn't make short work of them.

As to the Dinobots? I can say I loved them as a kid, but in this more realistic BayVerse, there better be a good reason for them. They might not transform at all - or they might transform into vehicles and thus be BeastFormers and not even have a robot mode.

Swoop can go from President Obama's drone to terryldactl and back. That would be a nasty surprise before the Dinobots are allies with the Autobots.

Unicron must be saved for a 6th or later movie.

Now Metroplex and Triptocon could be awesome to see! Trypticon could be a response to the Dinobots. Galvatron does everything big.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Now I have three of the Wreckers (haven't seen Topspin at the lower price, and passed on Whirl in light of the upcoming figure).

I thought I'd read Impactor's harpoon could somehow replace his arm. I can't figure it out, though. Am I mistaken, or how do you do it?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Question, because I suck at the Google: Anyone know where I can find a sound clip of Hot Rod delivering the universal greeting to the Junkions? (Or even the entire Junkion encounter; I can trim it.)
    So lazy! Here's one cued to the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le8KO...tailpage#t=159
    TFTM is all over Youtube though, you can watch the whole thing in one sitting:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzDzProos8Y
    or just watch Kup say it in a clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzE2BoNW6bc

That's what happens when you let rights get all piecemeal and spread out, nobody works hard at protecting said copyrights.

Found a lone Roadbuster at the first Target I've been to that hadn't raised prices to $16.99. They're so much better as Wreckers than Combaticons. Now I need the other four. Or at least three--isn't a G1/IDW-accurate Whirl confirmed?
    Now I have three of the Wreckers (haven't seen Topspin at the lower price, and passed on Whirl in light of the upcoming figure).

I thought I'd read Impactor's harpoon could somehow replace his arm. I can't figure it out, though. Am I mistaken, or how do you do it?
    Nice finds. I haven't seen any evidence that Impactor's harpoon could replace his arm, I don't see how that'd be possible even based on the photos I just saw while trying to find an example. If you find one though, please let us know.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I know of the YouTube videos; I just don't know how to convert them to audio files and trim them to a nice ringtone. All I can find (and many times over) is the first time, when Kup sounds constipated and then Hot Rod repeats it as a question. The second time, when Hot Rod says it to the Junkions, is more confident, and just sounds better.

I have found that the Wreckers look much better straight-on from the front and many have serious arm issues. (Never got around to opening the Combaticons. Now I'm wishing I didn't have each mold twice, especially since the Classics Onslaught is so damned awesome.) Still, this didn't stop me from completing the set with Topspin today! (Okay, I don't have Whirl. But I know a better Whirl is forthcoming, and have zero desire to build SuperXaaron.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Scored Commander Bumblebee and IDW Megatron Version 753 today.

On a related note, I came across Last Stand of the Wreckers while straightening up. I decided to re-read it, since James Roberts wrote it and MTMTE has had a lot of nods to it. Holy crap. Holy, holy crap. I remembered this being just okay, but, in retrospect, it's pretty damned amazing. Not sure why I didn't like it more the first time around. The minor details that were setting stuff up that's only now coming to a head, or still hasn't paid off but is still mentioned so you know it's brewing--it's the kind of thing you expect from a book with a long-term writer with extensive plans (like Claremont on X-Men, Morrison on Batman, Hama on Joe, or, hell, Furman on Transformers G1), only the guy wrote this, a 2-parter in the ongoing two years later, and finally got an ongoing half a year after that.

Crazy.

Edit: I'm really digging Megatron. Haven't opened Bee yet, but Megs is sweet.

Also, I'm attaching a photo of the best I can manage with Impactor's arm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130902_171956_400.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	27920
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I know of the YouTube videos; I just don't know how to convert them to audio files and trim them to a nice ringtone. All I can find (and many times over) is the first time, when Kup sounds constipated and then Hot Rod repeats it as a question. The second time, when Hot Rod says it to the Junkions, is more confident, and just sounds better.
    Sorry, forgot you're not that savvy with these sorts of things. Here's the first few I could find of a mountain of web-based Youtube to MP3 converters:
    http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
    http://www.listentoyoutube.com/
    http://www.flvto.com/
    http://www.video2mp3.net/

and then you use one of these web-based MP3 editors to cut it down:
    http://cutmp3.net/
    http://cut-mp3.com/

I have found that the Wreckers look much better straight-on from the front and many have serious arm issues. (Never got around to opening the Combaticons. Now I'm wishing I didn't have each mold twice, especially since the Classics Onslaught is so damned awesome.) Still, this didn't stop me from completing the set with Topspin today! (Okay, I don't have Whirl. But I know a better Whirl is forthcoming, and have zero desire to build SuperXaaron.)
    Weird, I can't imagine having a merge team incomplete, even with a better Whirl coming. Good get though overall, glad you're digging it.

Scored Commander Bumblebee and IDW Megatron Version 753 today.

On a related note, I came across Last Stand of the Wreckers while straightening up. I decided to re-read it, since James Roberts wrote it and MTMTE has had a lot of nods to it. Holy crap. Holy, holy crap. I remembered this being just okay, but, in retrospect, it's pretty damned amazing. Not sure why I didn't like it more the first time around. The minor details that were setting stuff up that's only now coming to a head, or still hasn't paid off but is still mentioned so you know it's brewing--it's the kind of thing you expect from a book with a long-term writer with extensive plans (like Claremont on X-Men, Morrison on Batman, Hama on Joe, or, hell, Furman on Transformers G1), only the guy wrote this, a 2-parter in the ongoing two years later, and finally got an ongoing half a year after that.

Crazy.

Edit: I'm really digging Megatron. Haven't opened Bee yet, but Megs is sweet.

Also, I'm attaching a photo of the best I can manage with Impactor's arm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130902_171956_400.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	27920
    Yeah, LSOTW is a really good read, can't imagine why you didn't dig it before but stuff happens, better that you got a second look now. Lots of payoff in MTMTE as well, it's from having a fertile imagination I think.

Megs is the best of the IDWs in wave 1, not surprised you're digging that figure.

When you say "Commander Bumblebee", you mean the IDW Deluxe figure and not an actual Cyberverse Commander-class figure, I bet.

I say rip Impactor's forearm off and take that hook off the weapon and just jam it on there any way you can.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I actually did like LSOTW the first time, just didn't think it was especially great. Then again, it came out around the time when AHM, "For All Mankind," and the lackluster solo Ironhide and Bumblebee miniseries had me convinced the comic couldn't be saved, plus I'd been hearing how absolutely insanely great it was and was expecting it to not live up to the hype.

I re-read "Chaos Theory" last night; I did think it was one of the best TF stories up to that time when I read it, but even moreso now. It never hit me before: given their pre-war roles and attitudes, Orion Pax should've been more likely to become a galactic despot with Megatron (Megatronius Prime?) being his heroic counterpart. Also, Impactor and Whirl are essentially to blame for millions of years of a Cybertronian civil war that's engulfed most of the galaxy. And for different reasons that should've (and, in fact, did) put them at violent odds with one another, even though they eventually ended up on the same team!

I'm cool with not assembling Ruination; the idea of Wreckers merging is too weird, and the Xaaron head makes it even weirder (nice homage or not). And I'm okay with Impactor having an arm-mounted harpoon; he's portrayed that way in some IDW stories (and inexplicably gains and loses hands in Marvel all the time). And, yes, Commander Bumblebee is me trying to distinguish the Deluxe-class figure based on Bumblebee as Autobot Commander from the bazillion previous ones.

Also, thanks for the info on audio conversion. Never had much of a need to do that.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Kinda agree with you on Bumblebee's C rating, JT. The greenish-yellow details are garish and unforgivable, and the robot mode seems quite hollow and lightweight. Also, with the stingers combined and handles pointing backwards, the blaster could make a really nice two-handed melee weapon of some sort... only Bumblebee lacks the arm articulation so many current TF's have, so all he can do in that regard is hold it straight up in the middle of his torso, blocking his face.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I don't want to sound judgmental, but I've got to wonder about the scruffy homeless-looking guy who was wheeling a shopping cart out of the TRU parking lot, loaded down with a knapsack, some fast food trash, a few transluscent shopping bags of aluminum cans...

...and a MIB Metroplex.

Tommy, close your eyes.