Page 550 of 581 FirstFirst ... 50450500540546547548549550551552553554560 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 5805
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I don't want to sound judgmental, but I've got to wonder about the scruffy homeless-looking guy who was wheeling a shopping cart out of the TRU parking lot, loaded down with a knapsack, some fast food trash, a few transluscent shopping bags of aluminum cans...

...and a MIB Metroplex.

I'll pass judgment. IDGAF.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

A buddy gave me TFPrime Weaponizers Optimus Prime for my birthday (we share a birthdate, so I gave him TFP Rumble, they were both liquidator pickups, and I bought him lunch). Weaponizers OP is decent, but very backpack-laden, and his legs cheap out too much. I don't understand Hasbro here, yes they kept the Leader Class size without its pricepoint, and they put in a fun gimmick, but they also put in this pointless light that shines into the hollow behind his chest windows (I made better use of the 2 A76 batteries) and they skimped on the sword, and all they needed in robot mode to make this a fan favorite as well as a kiddie fav is panels to close up those legs in both modes. Honestly, I find Hasbro's recent choices baffling, it's a good sculpt, it's clever, it's fun, so naturally they skinflint it into liquidation. At $15 though, still an easy recommend.

I actually did like LSOTW the first time, just didn't think it was especially great. Then again, it came out around the time when AHM, "For All Mankind," and the lackluster solo Ironhide and Bumblebee miniseries had me convinced the comic couldn't be saved, plus I'd been hearing how absolutely insanely great it was and was expecting it to not live up to the hype.

I re-read "Chaos Theory" last night; I did think it was one of the best TF stories up to that time when I read it, but even moreso now. It never hit me before: given their pre-war roles and attitudes, Orion Pax should've been more likely to become a galactic despot with Megatron (Megatronius Prime?) being his heroic counterpart. Also, Impactor and Whirl are essentially to blame for millions of years of a Cybertronian civil war that's engulfed most of the galaxy. And for different reasons that should've (and, in fact, did) put them at violent odds with one another, even though they eventually ended up on the same team!

I'm cool with not assembling Ruination; the idea of Wreckers merging is too weird, and the Xaaron head makes it even weirder (nice homage or not). And I'm okay with Impactor having an arm-mounted harpoon; he's portrayed that way in some IDW stories (and inexplicably gains and loses hands in Marvel all the time). And, yes, Commander Bumblebee is me trying to distinguish the Deluxe-class figure based on Bumblebee as Autobot Commander from the bazillion previous ones.

Also, thanks for the info on audio conversion. Never had much of a need to do that.
    Whirl clearly has been set on a path not of his choosing that would have led there no matter what, but I'm not sure if this was covered in MTMTE or just hinted at, so I won't say more. But that's what Megatron gets for messing with the status quo.

LMK how that audio thing works out.

Kinda agree with you on Bumblebee's C rating, JT. The greenish-yellow details are garish and unforgivable, and the robot mode seems quite hollow and lightweight. Also, with the stingers combined and handles pointing backwards, the blaster could make a really nice two-handed melee weapon of some sort... only Bumblebee lacks the arm articulation so many current TF's have, so all he can do in that regard is hold it straight up in the middle of his torso, blocking his face.
    Yeah, it's a little frustrating how many little tweaks could have saved that figure a lot of annoyance in the articulation dept.

I don't want to sound judgmental, but I've got to wonder about the scruffy homeless-looking guy who was wheeling a shopping cart out of the TRU parking lot, loaded down with a knapsack, some fast food trash, a few transluscent shopping bags of aluminum cans...

...and a MIB Metroplex.

PRIORITIES MAN! How do you think he got that Metroplex? More likely, someone dumped the box in the parking lot after taking the toy out, and he got that empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I'll pass judgment. IDGAF.
    You DO give a fart? Wow!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Speaking of Metroplex, Costco is going to stock them for $79.

Where'd you hear that? And are they going to be in-store? I might even bite for that.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It was posted on TFW2k5 forums:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...x-79-99-a.html

So, I got about 1/3rd the way through on SDCC Metroplex's stickers, and then had to leave the house. I need to finish them before I can do a proper review, but a few of the ones on the vehicle mode aren't sitting flush in their slots, the stickers are cut too precision. Even half a millimeter missed from my shaky hands ends up having an edge stick out, and I'm worried now that as they're face down in city mode they'll get stripped off. I loathe stickers. Then there was the ones in the shoulder cannons, holy crap are those the absolute worst because they are essentially 5-sided and don't really FIT flat, they are meant to set in a vertical pentagram shape and angle down, I had to get a toothpick and caress them into place, that was miserable. By comparison, the mislabeled numbers and bizarre floating nonsense numbers and missing sequence numbers are easy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sweet. God. Almighty.

Transformers ReGeneration One #0 is AMAZING! That last page gave me chills that will remain until I read the next issue. Stuff is definitely hitting the fan all over the place.

I won't give specific spoilers except to say to Tycho that he can add Bugly to his list of Decepticon zombies, even though it's unclear how (since he explicitly survived the "blood"bath that put most of the rest of the future zombies out of commission).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I finally found IDW Generations Hoist and Thundercracker yesterday. At least they were 12.99 as many of my local Targets had them briefly at 15.59.

Thanks Chux.

Figrin, I've noticed how the prices for all transformers are actually going down at Target and Walmart.

I might buy one more Blitzwing and Springer at these prices. But right now I can't bring myself to justify spending anymore money on toys which is money I don't have available at the moment.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

MP Ultra Magnus using MP 10's mold is coming! I imagine he'll run around $199 if Hasbro ever releases it and considering those City Commander type trailer sets go for that much, it wouldn't be that bad of a price.

I am really excited to get a masterpiece of ultra madness. I may buy this even if it is not exactly what I want which is a transformer instead of an assembler.

Let's see how he turns out and I'll pass judgement then
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.