Page 56 of 578 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Chaddy, there are already pics of the * line? I hadn't seen any yet, I have to see this. Edit: Hmm, not seeing much from those pics, will wait to see more before deciding.

Tycho, TF:Cybertron's Supreme Starscream is $50. I strongly suspect there will be pleny of these for a while to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyn
    i just used their online emailing contact page... we'll see what happens!
    I used it replacing an Energon figure that broke, they were pretty quick about it actually. Best of luck.

Intereting choice on Alternators Hound, I love the waist articulation but I may have to dump it in favor of what you did.

BTW, I cut off the tail end of TF:CY Overhaul's projectile, so it ends at the bumper, and it cut off fairly rounded so that worked out pretty well, I tuned it up a little and it even light-pipes slightly. This and tinkering with his arms to get decent poses raised my opinion of the little guy a bit.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[QUOTE=JediTricks]Chaddy, there are already pics of the * line? I hadn't seen any yet, I have to see this. Edit: Hmm, not seeing much from those pics, will wait to see more before deciding.

I agree, there's not much in those pics, but there's enough to whet the appetite.

But did you see the Ebay link I posted? Alternator SUNSTREAKER!!
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Actually JT, from what I've seen, Saidos is not Armorhide. The basic blue semi truck that is exclusive to Hasbro (untill Takara does its USA Edition BS) seems to be Armorhide. It does fit Saidos better though. We'll find out soon enough I guess.

*EDIT* In fact this EE listing seems to go along with that: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...riation=&lg=1&

Also, check this bit of strangeness out: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...mber=HT81132AA

TFU Basics? I've seen pictures of Arcee and Strongarm on TFU basic cards, but wasn't sure we'd see them. This whole case seems to be already released figures...

The other half of my order came in, so I now have Crumplezone, Hot Shot, and the basics.

I went to TRU after work today and they actually had everything but the basics.. and I bought everything I don't already have.. weak, I am.

I'll talk about them later.
    Last edited by Adam; 07-09-2005 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Intereting choice on Alternators Hound, I love the waist articulation but I may have to dump it in favor of what you did.
    yeah, i know you were having some issues with the hollow chest... this fills it up a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac
    But did you see the Ebay link I posted? Alternator SUNSTREAKER!!
    is that an alternator or a binaltech? the asterisk version?
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn
    yeah, i know you were having some issues with the hollow chest... this fills it up a little bit more...

is that an alternator or a binaltech? the asterisk version?
    If you look at the coloring, you can tell it's not diecast but dyed and painted plastic. Besides, Takara protos don't end up on Ebay like Hasbro's do. And, the seller specifically calls it an Alternator. My money's on Hasbro release...

then the question is... will they be released with the drivers, and under an alternators asterisk nameplate, or just as more redecos?
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn
    then the question is... will they be released with the drivers, and under an alternators asterisk nameplate, or just as more redecos?
    My guess us, uf this isn't a standard redeco, it's an exclusive of some sort. And there's no telling if the other asterisk BT's will get ported into Alternators, but this one appears to be the real deal. That kinda saves me on one I have to import. Now I just need Red Alert!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I finally got Swerve last night. He's not bad, if a little boring. I took the sticker and slapped it on Tracks, though.
    Last edited by Chaddymac; 07-09-2005 at 11:04 AM.

Are we talking about the same Overhaul? I think you got a dud, mine rolls like a mad fiend. Wait, maybe you meant Scattorshot, he has micro-wheels under his treads which never is that great.

Really, Overhaul? You sure? I just rolled mine, he is a champ even on smooth surfaces. I'm not sure I get what you mean about the undercarriage either, he's got decent ground clearance as he's an off-road jeep-type vehicle.
    No... you're right, I just put them both back into vehicle mode... and I meant Scattorshot. Who, to be fair, works pretty well if you're not on a really smooth surface. (I fiddled with the arms to get him to sit a little better on his wheels also.)

-----

Picked up Dirt Boss, he's pretty cool. Saw Megatron, and aside from the $40 price (?!?!) he looked OK. Still waiting to see Optimus Prime...
    plasticfetish.net

I saw it Chaddy, but I'm not a huge fan of Sunstreaker so I'm not as excited.

Glad you were able to finally get Swerve, how do the stickers look on Tracks?

Adam, yeah, I saw that Armorhide isn't Saidos just a few minutes ago: http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/d...name=ARMORHIDE

That TFU basics listing is weird as heck, especially because I thought the TFU line was actually finished as well, much less that it'd be doing an Energon hodown.

Quote Originally Posted by vyn
    And I wasn't even the one with the biggest issue there, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by PF
    No... you're right, I just put them both back into vehicle mode... and I meant Scattorshot. Who, to be fair, works pretty well if you're not on a really smooth surface. (I fiddled with the arms to get him to sit a little better on his wheels also.)
    Woo! I'm right, I'm right, I'm right!!! YEAH! Alright, that was just too dopey even for me. Ever since the Armada line when Hasbro went back to plastic wheels after the joy of rubber wheels in RiD, there have been far too many wheels that don't work on smooth surfaces.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saw it Chaddy, but I'm not a huge fan of Sunstreaker so I'm not as excited.

Glad you were able to finally get Swerve, how do the stickers look on Tracks?

Adam, yeah, I saw that Armorhide isn't Saidos just a few minutes ago: http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/d...name=ARMORHIDE

That TFU basics listing is weird as heck, especially because I thought the TFU line was actually finished as well, much less that it'd be doing an Energon hodown.

And I wasn't even the one with the biggest issue there, IIRC.

Woo! I'm right, I'm right, I'm right!!! YEAH! Alright, that was just too dopey even for me. Ever since the Armada line when Hasbro went back to plastic wheels after the joy of rubber wheels in RiD, there have been far too many wheels that don't work on smooth surfaces.
    It looks great, JT! Although, the lack of sticker on Swerve makes him look very, very plain. Although, that just can't be helped in robot mode. He's really a boring figure, but whatever. I'm a completist for these guys!

Did you see the report on Rebelscum that Hasbro may debut a line of Star Wars Transformers? Wow. I can't wait to see THAT!