Page 560 of 592 FirstFirst ... 60460510550556557558559560561562563564570 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 5919
    Apparently my trade comics only included issues 1-6. I still can't find them but they have to be around somewhere.
    I just picked up 7-9 on ebay.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Yes, friend. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why we get along! And I agree with this. I think about stories like The Ultimate Doom where Prime had to put Earth in jeopardy to save Cybertron and think, "what 80's kids cartoon would create such a delicious moral dilemma and then have our hero make such a tragic-but-understandable choice?" You might get some of that from Bay, but you also get jive-talking insults.

That said, if I'm not really paying attention to the story, I can enjoy the action just fine.
    Yeah, very good example. How about the fact that the G1 cartoon is all about the oil crisis? They're having a cold war over energy, that's a high-minded concept and yet it's presented to kids without snark or prodding, instead made instantly and easily understandable.

As for the action, the first movie was visually difficult to establish in some action scenes, while the second was utterly blithering in how it presented most of its story through action scenes, and I barely remember the third's action scenes at all. I guess that's my problem, these movies see action scenes and story as things that must play against each other rather than work together. Did you need to set aside story to enjoy The Terminator or Raiders of the Lost Ark or Batman or The Matrix, or were they able to flow naturally and you could just enjoy them both together? The characters and the story really get in the way of how Bay wants to control the audience's interpretation of these movies, and I find that baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I think with Grimlock's new look, they were trying to go for The Hobbit audience and make him more like a dragon.

Target: kids of course.

But it looks amazing. Now if there's a story to explain it... I'm waiting.

Note we also saw Swoop grabbing BumbleBee in the trailer.

I remember Mark Wahlberg did that movie "We Bought A Zoo." Maybe the backstory is that some of the more dangerous animals escaped?
    Grimlock's ridiculous size and fantasy look don't remind me of The Hobbit that much, he's a more lively and land-based dragon in what we saw, and also, I hate to say it but The Hobbit pt 2 really doesn't seem to have taken audiences by storm, that dragon isn't resonating with folks the way they were aiming for. With Optimus riding Grimlock (yeesh), I think what you're seeing is the storytellers of this movie trying to create a wish-fulfillment for the audience, putting themselves in Optimus' shoes, and thus it needs a dragon that's big in comparison to Optimus to fill that - one more sign that the people crafting the stories of these movies don't really get it, that these movies aren't Transformers but just generic filler.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Apparently my trade comics only included issues 1-6. I still can't find them but they have to be around somewhere.
    I just picked up 7-9 on ebay.
    That's where it starts getting really good. Just to warn you, most issues should be cheap, but you'll want to go with collections after about #70, when the print run dropped drastically, and issues beyond that are hella expensive. (I've seen people asking $250+ for #80.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

JT, Skids and Waspinator are in the wave prior to Armada SS and Scoop. Which is a shame because Skids, while still flawed > everything in the latest wave.

I took advantage of the HTS special and got Mr. Unvincible, Whirl along with the Minicons, Computron and Menasor (Kreo versions).

I just hope Skids is still shipping or gets carried forward to a future wave.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, Skids and Waspinator are in the wave prior to Armada SS and Scoop. Which is a shame because Skids, while still flawed > everything in the latest wave.

I took advantage of the HTS special and got Mr. Unvincible, Whirl along with the Minicons, Computron and Menasor (Kreo versions).
    Yeah, I know Skids and Waspinator are from the xmas wave that never made it out in big numbers, that's what's so frustrating, I'm seeing all these Feb figures hitting and know that means I'm likely never going to find those previous figures.

Unvincible! Did you get the free shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I just hope Skids is still shipping or gets carried forward to a future wave.
    Definitely want that, but it looks like since they're remolding him as Crosscut (who cares?) that it's not going to happen. Waspinator is getting revisited, but not Skids in the current setup.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, I've seen Waspinator out here a few times. If I do again (which might be a big "if," but a few WM's never restocked after the Trailbreakercutter wave, and these stores have a tendency to suddenly put out older items), you want me to get him? (Same for Skids, if I find two. Heck, Dreadwind and that goofy Goldfire that even I didn't bother with because the original mold was so flawed, as well.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

JT, I'll pick up Skids and Waspinator if I come across them. As far as I know, TRU's never got them in so they may show up there soon.

I just have a feeling that one of the SDCC exclusives is going to be Necrotitan.

Poor, poor Ted. He and his fellow Metrotitans left Cybertron behind to let the Transformers stand on their own, and to follow the Knights of Cybertron into the great unknown, and, next thing you know, he's a mindless husk bent on destruction. And no one even remembers his name, just this "Necrotitan" nonsense.

Please, take a moment and remember Ted the way he was. No one could make a Denver omelet the way that Metrotitan could.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thanks guys, I could use the pickup and would much appreciate it.

Wow, if the boring ol Necrotitan turns out to be the exclusive, that'd be painfully cheesy. I'm a few issues behind, but so far it's done nothing for a really long time except look like a different color. Ted the Necrotitan would be a huge ripoff.