Page 564 of 578 FirstFirst ... 64464514554560561562563564565566567568574 ... LastLast
Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 5779
    Thankfully Dark Cybertron is over now. Though I'm still laughing from the dialogue between Ratchet and Megatron in either issue 10 or 11.

Yeah, but the first half hits trade paperbacks next month, and the second is July, IIRC. I'm a bit behind the curve. Trying to stay spoiler-free, but I think an inconsiderate (read: typical) internet user ruined the identity of the 'Bot who sacrifices himself in the final battle.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    It's really a minor thing. First, I'm not a fan of almost anything spring-loaded. Second, (and I guess this is less to do with the gimmick aspect than the cannons themselves), the shoulder cannons make him pretty tough to balance.

Even with that in mind, he's one of the best TF's I've seen in a while, at least in this scale. And I really do like not having to refer back to instructions any time I want to change his form.
    Oh, well they're not spring-loaded, they're marble-shooter missiles. The layout and firing missiles are callbacks to the original Armada figure.

I actually haven't had much trouble standing him with his missiles deployed (this body is designed to carry them upright, it's in the comics too, but also it blocks the shoulder-raise articulation), they're pretty light, but I haven't tried much in the way of action poses.

He's nicely simple without being too ugly for it, but the arms could have used more steps.

Also, I don't remember: anyone else reading this? I'd be curious to get some other thoughts--particularly from someone more versed in the Beast era than I am (since, minor spoilers, it seems like every ending Furman gives G1 winds up leading into Beast Wars anyhow).
    I'm versed in the Beast era, but haven't read RG1 100 (or any others), however I did read a plot summary. What are you thinking about here?

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Thankfully Dark Cybertron is over now. Though I'm still laughing from the dialogue between Ratchet and Megatron in either issue 10 or 11.
    THANK GOODNESS! Dark Cybertron was a real bummer, an artistic misfire.

Yeah, but the first half hits trade paperbacks next month, and the second is July, IIRC. I'm a bit behind the curve. Trying to stay spoiler-free, but I think an inconsiderate (read: typical) internet user ruined the identity of the 'Bot who sacrifices himself in the final battle.
    I'll try to remain spoiler-thoughtful here, there actually are other spoilers left to give. That said, it's an event comic, it shouldn't be expected that the majority should hold comment for the small minority.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'm versed in the Beast era, but haven't read RG1 100 (or any others), however I did read a plot summary. What are you thinking about here?
    I think that Rodimus' spark gives birth to Botanica, which would lead into the Beast Wars almost exactly as the cartoon goes. Not sure, though.

I'll try to remain spoiler-thoughtful here, there actually are other spoilers left to give. That said, it's an event comic, it shouldn't be expected that the majority should hold comment for the small minority.
    I don't expect anyone to. But, still, there's a big difference between calling a thread "Dark Cybertron Chapter X [spoilers!]" and "Holy crap I can't believe how _____ died!!" almost immediately.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That death will last about as long as Peter Parker's.. if not shorter.

Yup. The others who were said to be possibilities could've carried some weight. I think the Lost Light having to carry on without Rodimus or Prowl's seemingly endless schemes slowly coming to light one by one in his absence could've had far more story potential.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm still really enjoying Whirl, that's an excellent figure, and extending the neck and going digitigrade on the knees makes him much more like the comics.

I think that Rodimus' spark gives birth to Botanica, which would lead into the Beast Wars almost exactly as the cartoon goes. Not sure, though.
    The ending of RG1 really can't give way to Beast Wars despite the Botanica thing, because the end of RG1 has a dead Cybertron and no Cybertronians. Beast Wars is an evolution of G1, in that story the Autobots and Decepticons continue on until they eventually become the Maximals and Predacons, and the fight for Cybertron continues in the shadows until a new Megatron takes that fight to Earth's ancient past in order to find a long-lost tool to take over Cybertron - despite his defeat on ancient Earth, he actually succeeds in the goal on Cybertron which leads to Beast Machines where Cybertron is very alive and empty thanks to BW Megatron's actions, and the remaining Maximals must defeat him which brings about a new Cybertron that combines organic and mechanical, just as the Maximals including Botanica have become (it's philosophical). But without Cybertron and Autobots and Decepticons, there can be no Beast Wars, so it's impossible for RG1 to be that precursor.

I don't expect anyone to. But, still, there's a big difference between calling a thread "Dark Cybertron Chapter X [spoilers!]" and "Holy crap I can't believe how _____ died!!" almost immediately.
    Live and learn. That's just how it is with some folks, they are emotionally invested and shocked by the material, want to discuss it with their crew without considering that not everybody read it.

Honestly, none of the major spoilers really matter IMO in Dark Cybertron, a lot of it feels like it'll be a "big comic event" that'll just get reversed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    That death will last about as long as Peter Parker's.. if not shorter.
    Depends on what thing you think he's talking about. Keep in mind, he hasn't read the issues, there are things he doesn't know yet and you are presuming he does.

SPOILER :: I am pretty sure he doesn't know Bumblebee has died, and is talking about Metalhawk's death because he mentioned the character's sacrifice and BB died pointlessly; but I could be wrong and maybe he doesn't know Metalhawk has revived only to die again. I honestly don't expect them to bring back Metalhawk for a long while.::

But you are right that comic book deaths generally mean nothing. I actually can't stand that about comic books, it's always been cheap and now it's a huge argument spanning years over on my tf site.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

At last there's a third-party Ultra Magnus out there that does not separate from the trailer can completely transforms
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Depends on what thing you think he's talking about. Keep in mind, he hasn't read the issues, there are things he doesn't know yet and you are presuming he does.
    Which is why I was being vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    At last there's a third-party Ultra Magnus out there that does not separate from the trailer can completely transforms
    Citizen Stack looks nice, but ultimately a waste since its ostensibly meant for a Masterpiece collection and we're getting an official one.