Page 567 of 592 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571577 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 5919
    Any word of MP-22 coming to the states? If not, I think they have me sold...
    Now I have to get MP 10 to replace MP 01...
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Though it doesn't display with Magnus, MP-1 is the best thing ever offered thus far IMO - my favorite collectible I own and that says something since I have much more SW and ST than TF, but I think Magnus will go fine with Rodimus.

Still, don't rid your collection of Optimus (1) - he's got some metal parts I think and the best thing that ever happened to TF! He goes great with my Alternators (the first reason I returned to buying TF after being away since 1988 I think).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Any word of MP-22 coming to the states? If not, I think they have me sold...
    Now I have to get MP 10 to replace MP 01...
    Too early to know. They're just now saying Prowl is coming out, so it could be awhile. AE has a pre-order up already if anyone is willing to plunk down the cash for it now. http://www.anime-export.com/product/19423

At $120, that means two would be $240 (plus tax, shipping - which I am not combining since I'll "try it to see if I like it - sort of like a new flavor of ice cream."

That brings me to "what is it about Ultra Magnus?"

Well, he's a big Autobot. He's a regular character unlike Jetfire's guest appearences.*

An accurately sized Springer or Powerglide could fill this role as well though (in the giant MP size).

He's not Optimus Prime so he doesn't have to be too perfect of character. He's a duty-bound solider. Though that's probably something I would never be (with what was going on in Vietnam, were I even born, and old enough to be over there - I might have committed treason and joined the NVA - but summarily double-crossed them and freed American POWs and got them to safety but would never have been allowed to some back to the United States - though I could've still gotten my 80's Transformers in Hong Kong. But the 3 important things - I wouldn't be supporting a bad war made upon civilians that should be able to determine their own government whether communist or not (regardless of the sake of illegal narcotic supplies), I would not be betraying ALL our troops because I'd free American POWs and not require insertion "as a trusted NVA pale-skinned agent," and I would already be in the Orient for the invention of Transformers.)

But I can admire Ultra Magnus because he's a better soldier than I could ever be.

So I like that about him.

He can also carry other Autobots into battle. This is important since this way, the other Autobots don't have to ride dinosaurs into combat and look like the Flintstones instead of the Transformers. But it now does leave me curious, that if you remove BumbleBee's floorboards, can Sam make the Camaro mode move by running with his feet? This would be a great way for BumbleBee to promote Sam's healthy exercise and set an example for how to conserve Energon.

But also, most of the Decepticons are all bigger than the Autobots, so Magus can kick butt [Grimlock's terms of explaining it] and I wouldn't call a Cybertronian who transforms himself into a 40 or 50 foot dinosaur a robot in disguise. Magnus has a true disguise.

Anyway, I'm really glad we're getting a "full-sized" Magnus so now they can concentrate on full-size bots from the Decepticons like Cyclonus who looks really sweet in his G-1 mode with perhaps black or gun-metal gray coloring, as opposed to purple.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho - sometimes reading your posts is akin to stumbling down the hole into Wonderland. It all seems normal enough, and then clocks start flying in your face and you realize a rabbit is talking to you.

laughing out loud Chaddymac.

I think I explained why us getting an Ultra Magnus figure was important in light of the Vietnam War (which happened before most of us were even born) and considered the toy's availability in case we ever became an exile from the United States since the 1970's as important right before I took a nap at 5pm PST - according to the post log.

Yes. It makes perfect sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I don't worship the guy; he's certainly done some crap in his time (and Spotlight: Arcee wasn't his best at all). I just think that in IDW there was no gender. Then IDW published Megatron Origin largely unchanged from how it would've been printed by Dreamwave, tossing females into the mix. Arcee was driven insane by a fundamental violation of his/her very person. Arcee wasn't crazy because she was a she, she was crazy because she was a he who got what amounts to non-consensual gender reassignment surgery, becoming (for a while, at least) the only supposed female Transformer.

The genesis of IDW's universe was to be different from all previous incarnations. No Unicron, no Primus, no Matrix. No female Transformers. Because, honestly, for asexually-reproducing robots to have men and women is just ridiculous. Precedent from other universes doesn't count here. Male pronouns are only used because of the limitations of our own English language.

Furman set up the IDW universe and pretty much ran it single-handedly for a couple of years. If he said there are no females, then there are no females, at least until someone else changes it. I thought the execution was a bit lacking, but the idea of a way to get Arcee into the IDW-verse mostly unchanged physically, but way different mentally was clever.

Funny thing is, I usually seem to think too much like a feminist for the tastes of most comic book fans. Just in this case, I think it was better off with TF's being completely asexual and genderless.
    There were no psychoanalysts in IDW before Rung, it only meant we hadn't seen them yet. The in-universe explanation for why Arcee was driven mad isn't enough justification for the real-life stereotyping going on there, it's no better than TF: Revenge of the Fallen claiming that Skids and Mudflap weren't ethnic stereotypes but just aliens emulating white kids pretending to be street.

Primus is in the IDWverse, just as a past-tense. The idea of bipedal robot aliens at all is ridiculous, but the truth is that they are built to resemble men because that's what the brand creators knew the audience wanted, something recognizably humanoid instead of a bunch of Roombas bumping into each other. The recognizable weaponry of Transformers is the same situation, there's no real justification for its form except to follow the needs of recogizability of humanoid function. And once you start making audience concessions like that, you have to admit that either your brand is sexist and ignores half the population, or that there can be girls in the brand.

Furman has run TF comics like his own fiefdom for far too long, his word is clearly not the end-all be-all in a brand where he has to answer to Hasbro. Hasbro didn't have to let the fans vote on whether Windblade would be a male or female, they could have kept it status quo, but they recognized that girls are people too. In fact, Hasbro's girls toys brands are the only thing the last quarter holding the company up, everything else has been weak. So opening the brand more to a female audience was wise, and letting Furman's dubious editorial choice dictate otherwise would be brand-suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Too early to know. They're just now saying Prowl is coming out, so it could be awhile. AE has a pre-order up already if anyone is willing to plunk down the cash for it now. http://www.anime-export.com/product/19423
    $120, interesting. I'm not willing to drop that much cash on UM though, he's a secondary character who doesn't have time to deal with his own inadequacy in the G1 era, and in IDW... well, that's a different figure from this. I also don't agree with aping the G1 trailer too closely, so it's a cool figure but I just don't see myself buying the Japanese version.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Tycho - sometimes reading your posts is akin to stumbling down the hole into Wonderland. It all seems normal enough, and then clocks start flying in your face and you realize a rabbit is talking to you.
    HA!!! Great comment.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

TF vs GI Joe #1's covers revealed.

Main:
    http://tomscioli.tumblr.com/post/834...-by-tom-scioli
    http://tomscioli.tumblr.com/post/834...-i-joe-1-cover

Subscriber variant:
    http://tomscioli.tumblr.com/post/836...riant-cover-by

Rob Liefeld (above) and Ed Piskor (below) alternate covers:
    http://tomscioli.tumblr.com/post/830...-ed-piskor-for

Liefeld has been a comics industry professional for decades, and still the anatomy on Snake Eyes there is a completely screwup. It's shocking that he continues to get work.

Meanwhile, Scioli's art (the main artist and co-writer for this book) continues to look like something a 7th grader would have done, trying to emulate pack-in comics from the early '80s.

At least Piskor's style delivers competently, even if it makes little sense for this specific title. But hell, the title is being treated as Tom Scioli's personal graffiti wall, so why not, right?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Why the hell is Rob Liefeld still allowed to draw things for publication? And what the hell happened to Bazooka's and Headman's heads in that second pic? (Why the hell do you pick Headman, of all loser Cobras, for that matter?)

JT, I have a feeling we'd go around in circles forever on the issue of female Transformers in IDW. If we were talking about organic creatures, particularly humans, then, yeah, there should be females. But gender implies sexual reproduction, which has NEVER to my knowledge been a part of any Transformers continuity. They're genderless to me; if they use female pronouns because of design and personality differences, fine, but Transformers should have no gender. Even Roberts seemed down with this prior to Hasbro's introducing Windblade; Chromedome and Rewind are clearly a couple, but they're not a gay couple. Which they are, if there is now a gender division in Transformers. Not a problem, just very silly.

I agree Hasbro should make their "boys" lines more accessible to girls. (I'd argue the divisions are stupid to begin with.) But introducing female Transformers and more or less forcing them onto a comic continuity where they didn't exist (and, unfortunately, kids won't be picking up) isn't the most logical way to do that. More logical would be putting more female figures into lines where they're logical: when was the last time we got a really good new Princess Leia? A new Padme of any sort (no resculpts)? Why is the Marvel Universe made up of about half women, but we get so few female MU figures? Lady Jaye and Jinx were two of the toughest to find Retaliation figures, and they've never made an update to Cover Girl.

I feel like I'm making the opposite argument I normally do about women in comics. But asexual robots make this a very different case to me. Unless two Autobots can take off all their armor in a private place, plug adapters into switches, and make a baby Autobot, the existence of either gender seems absolutely moronic to me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    $120, interesting. I'm not willing to drop that much cash on UM though, he's a secondary character who doesn't have time to deal with his own inadequacy in the G1 era, and in IDW... well, that's a different figure from this. I also don't agree with aping the G1 trailer too closely, so it's a cool figure but I just don't see myself buying the Japanese version
    I don't understand what don't you agree about with regards to the G1 trailer?