Page 57 of 593 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157557 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac
    Did you see the report on Rebelscum that Hasbro may debut a line of Star Wars Transformers? Wow. I can't wait to see THAT!
    that's... weird...

so, with the scion xB alternator, i REALLY hope they do a scion tC - since it looks like i will own a tC sometime soon. i don't know if it will happen, though, since it's an american-only car. the xA and xB have toyota counterparts, but the tC doesn't. that makes me believe we will see an xA alt. before we see a tC alt. but i emailed hasbro and told them that i would buy however many variations they made of it. it would be cool to have a transformer of the car you own.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Did you see the report on Rebelscum that Hasbro may debut a line of Star Wars Transformers? Wow. I can't wait to see THAT!
    That's been an old rumor before.

I wouldn't go for it anyway.

Starscream - X-wing
    Megatron - AAT Tank
    Optimus Prime - Blockade Runner
    Hot Rod - Bail Organa's airspeeder
    Ironhide - Sandcrawler

I mean it starts to get ridiculous....

Rebel Alliance Fighters would likely best character fit Decepticon Jets....

Scale would all get thrown out the window from vehicle and robot modes both.

I think that's a bad idea.

I saw the report, I bet it'll just be a 1-shot item, but it'd be interesting to see what could be done, there's been years of speculation on this.

Vyn, I hope you're right, the tC is pretty nifty while they xA is pretty unappealing IMO (it's basically a scaled-down Toyota Matrix).

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    That's been an old rumor before. I wouldn't go for it anyway.

Starscream - X-wing
    Megatron - AAT Tank
    Optimus Prime - Blockade Runner
    Hot Rod - Bail Organa's airspeeder
    Ironhide - Sandcrawler

I mean it starts to get ridiculous.... Rebel Alliance Fighters would likely best character fit Decepticon Jets.... Scale would all get thrown out the window from vehicle and robot modes both. I think that's a bad idea.
    Jeez, thanks for the comments Captain Killjoy. That from the guy who buys all those ugly Jedi Force figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...achmentid=8914

According to: http://www.yodasnews.com/ the logo should be flipped with Star Wars on the top.

Honestly I can't decide whether I'm A) Curious B) Horrified C) Both A and B.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Vyn, I hope you're right, the tC is pretty nifty while they xA is pretty unappealing IMO (it's basically a scaled-down Toyota Matrix).
    yeah, i actually have a feeling the xA shares it's platform with both the daewoo kalos and the chevy aveo... all three (especially the kalos and the aveo) share the same proportions and general shape. the xA is just a little pointier. however, i do believe the xA would make a good substitution candidate for the beetle for bumblebee!

but i would be all over a tC alt. like a sauce! i'm going to test-drive one sometime this week, and most likely order one by august.
    the fact that there's no japanese counterpart has me doubtful, though. hasbro should grow a set and make a hasbro-exclusive mold for the tC...

the best thing for hasbro is that the scion line is based on customization, so there's endless versions of each of these guys they could do, and people would eat them up, even those that don't already collect them... i'm on the forums at scionlife.com and there's a thread there about the xB alt. everyone's frothing at the mouth over there! the biggest thing the alts have going for them is cross-demographic appeal. i've bought a couple of them for people who either own the cars they're based on or really love the cars they're based on. my friend has a wrx, so i got him smokescreen, and another friend had and still loves wranglers, so i snagged her swindle - before i got him, even! everyone should have a transformer based on their car!
    Last edited by darthvyn; 07-12-2005 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn
    yeah, i actually have a feeling the xA shares it's platform with both the daewoo kalos and the chevy aveo... all three (especially the kalos and the aveo) share the same proportions and general shape. the xA is just a little pointier. however, i do believe the xA would make a good substitution candidate for the beetle for bumblebee!

but i would be all over a tC alt. like a sauce! i'm going to test-drive one sometime this week, and most likely order one by august.
    the fact that there's no japanese counterpart has me doubtful, though. hasbro should grow a set and make a hasbro-exclusive mold for the tC...

the best thing for hasbro is that the scion line is based on customization, so there's endless versions of each of these guys they could do, and people would eat them up, even those that don't already collect them... i'm on the forums at scionlife.com and there's a thread there about the xB alt. everyone's frothing at the mouth over there! the biggest thing the alts have going for them is cross-demographic appeal. i've bought a couple of them for people who either own the cars they're based on or really love the cars they're based on. my friend has a wrx, so i got him smokescreen, and another friend had and still loves wranglers, so i snagged her swindle - before i got him, even! everyone should have a transformer based on their car!
    Hey Vyn. Does she want another Swindle? There are 6 taking up space at my Target. There were only 4 last week...I think they're procreating...
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

i don't think she'll need another swindle, but i'll need one to keep up my collection. i'll let you know if i need one, i see him every once in a while around these parts...

Vyn, I don't think Hasbro will ever do a US-only mold, simply because the mold creation costs on this line have supposedly been outrageously high. Still, now that Toyota has canned the Celica (Supra too?), the tC is all they got in coolsville at the moment, plus that sliding glass roof seems really slick.

Check it, Galaxy Force's CGI for Soundwave: http://www.maj.com/gallery/esrz22/TF...oundwave-1.jpg
    I like it a lot, but not really seeing why a stealth fighter would make an understandable stand-in for a tape deck. Hopefully, Soundwave's little pal there will also be a removable drone in alt mode.

TF:CY Vector Prime - Returned broken Jetfire and got my $$$ back, bought VP and had a ten spot besides. Paint on this figure really should have been better, one of the oddest things here is Hasbro's version of the dark maroon is way darker than the Takara version and thus doesn't look as nice, it's just "brown" now. Warped rubbery wings are a bit of a downer, other than that everything's ship-shape, as it were. Decent if not outstanding alt mode with too much leg kibble going on underneath, wings can change angles which is cool, minicon is a bit simplistic (even for a minicon), sword is pretty rubbery but has a very nifty sculpt, transformation is negligible, bot mode is pretty good, tall ancient knight look does work, and articulation is good but definitely needed upper-arm rotation. Sound effects are lame and you have to add your own batteries, so I removed the batteries I had just added. The 1st arm sound is lifted straight from the photon torpedoes on Star Trek: The Next Generation, I believe specifically from the Playmates Enterprise-D toy or the Ent-D bridge playset. Shockingly, this is the ONLY Cybertron figure so far that I own which doesn't have any physical gimmick tied to the cyber planet key, and this I think hurts it most of all in my eyes. Bottom line, he's ok, but feels $5 overpriced; probably makes a better display figure than a toy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Vyn, I don't think Hasbro will ever do a US-only mold, simply because the mold creation costs on this line have supposedly been outrageously high. Still, now that Toyota has canned the Celica (Supra too?), the tC is all they got in coolsville at the moment, plus that sliding glass roof seems really slick.
    wel, one can hope, can't one? personally i think that the popularity of the car would offset the cost of mold production, but i'm not a corporate big-wig. i mean, scion expected to deliver around 100,000 and ended up producing and delivering over 150,000. if everyone who has one bought an alternator based on the tC mold... you do the math...l

dude, everything about that car is slick... i'll post some pics when i get mine!

Check it, Galaxy Force's CGI for Soundwave: http://www.maj.com/gallery/esrz22/TF...oundwave-1.jpg
    I like it a lot, but not really seeing why a stealth fighter would make an understandable stand-in for a tape deck. Hopefully, Soundwave's little pal there will also be a removable drone in alt mode.
    he looks like a gundam. i don't understand the stealth fighter version, either. i could understand maybe an SR-71 (super-sonic spy plane. faster than the speed of sound, and picks up soundwaves from the enemy...) but i always saw soundwave as more passive, non-combat support material.

Hey guys! I'm going to meet Optimus Prime and take my picture with him!

Galactic Hunter took some pictures from the Comic Con floor as they're setting up and one of the shots shows a full size semi-truck with a red cab and Autobot insignia markings having been parked in the middle of Comic Con's floor!

I'm going over today for preview night (if I can stay long enough to get in - I have a council session tonight and my vote is very important to redevelopment issues in my district so I won't be able to really take time off for Comic Con until Thursday, which is the first full day anyway).

So they may not let me onto the floor by 6pm tonight which is the latest I may be able to stay if I want my dinner before the next council session.

If I can get in early (the Convention Center is run by our tourism bureau and I think I can pull some favors), I'll post my picture with Optimus Prime here if I can.

Do you guys have any questions for him? I'll try and get an exclusive SSG interview!

Questions I was thinking of:

How many miles to an energon cube do you get?

Do you ever take out the Autobot Matrix of Leadership just to play with it or watch it glow in the dark?

Are the Decepticons really behind the War in Iraq?

Does Hot Rod get on your nerves?

How's Roller these days? Will he do an interview?

Do you think Arcee's the hottest Auto-Babe or is there another?

If you could transform into an enormous egg-beater, would that take care of the Quintisans?

How much do Sunstreaker and Tracks owe in unpaid parking tickets for time spent admiring themselves?

Can you guys think of any other ones?