Page 60 of 582 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160560 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    PF, if you can keep them off-guard long enough to get straight answers out of them by using your kid as cover, I say "get more children, STAT!"
    The next step is to coach the kid to ask all of the questions.
    plasticfetish.net

I had to put Wheeljack down tonight.

Even with the instructions, I can't figure out how to get his arms inside for the car mode.

I'll come back to him tomorrow when I've rested and don't feel so frustrated.

It's the sign that he's a good Transformer though - like a puzzle, Wheeljack presents a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I had to put Wheeljack down tonight.
    it sounds like you had a horse with a broken leg! he's complex, but just play around with the arms: fold them up, turn them around, until the doors look like they are in the right position to join up with the rest of the car. i know i had a lot of time spent in figuring out how to fold up the arms without popping the doors off their hinges...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

I havent found any new Alternators in some time, my last one was Grimlock. But im hoping the asterisk line will be brought over here, i want Sunstreaker more than any other Autobot.

Been seeing Cybertron figures pop up more and more, i think Optimus looks awesome but really dont have the cash to drop on him. Once ROTS slows down a bit more i may direct those dollars towards the Cyber figs i dig, like the beasts.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

TRU the other day had celophaned together smokescreen and sideswipe for $20 together. i was almost tempted to get them, but then i was like "what would i do with them?"

could make some customs, though...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

More photos of Galaxy Force Soundwave:

Design sketches: http://www.fantofan.jp/earlybirdsp/gx-02.jpg

Actual toy: http://www.fantofan.jp/earlybirdsp/gx-02b.jpg

Better photo of toy: http://www.fantofan.jp/earlybirdsp/gx-02c.jpg

The base plastic color reminds me of G2 Dreadwing, as does the over-the-shoulder multi-missile cannon, and they're both stealths. Dunno what the targeting window is about. Seems the cannon and the little lazerbeak-type pal turn into hexagonal jet thrusters reminiscent of G1 Soundwave's battery accessories, seems pretty cool to me.

As for Wheeljack's arms, is the problem you're having related to the shoulders? That's where I had the most confusion on Grimlock, once I figured out that they're an odd folding situation, it was cake getting 'em back into alt mode.

Personally, I think a Transformer should be only so complicated when transforming the figure, otherwise it becomes fragile and not fun to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by KAK
    Been seeing Cybertron figures pop up more and more, i think Optimus looks awesome but really dont have the cash to drop on him. Once ROTS slows down a bit more i may direct those dollars towards the Cyber figs i dig, like the beasts.
    Optimus is really nifty, I mess with him the most at this point, transforming him or just reposing him or even just opening and closing that mouthplate. What I really think will be interesting will be the add-on figures, OP's jetpack is hollow to accomodate his folded-up arms so that other figures can be transformed into super arms - the first one is a lion, in case you didn't know.

Vyn, I must admit, I too was tempted by that 2pack even though I own both of 'em.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

As for Wheeljack's arms, is the problem you're having related to the shoulders? That's where I had the most confusion on Grimlock, once I figured out that they're an odd folding situation, it was cake getting 'em back into alt mode.

Personally, I think a Transformer should be only so complicated when transforming the figure, otherwise it becomes fragile and not fun to play with.
    Exactly what it was. I figured it out this morning when I took a fresh look at it. Many of the Alternators are very delicate with very complicated transformations. I like the complicated part so that they are not just "Go-Bots" but I don't like being scared that I'm going to break something.

Perhaps I have mentioned before that I think TF:Cybertron's Ransack has his rear wheel on wrong, well yesterday I saw the design sketch for the vehicle at the Hasbro site and it confirmed this, so I tapped out the hinges and swapped the wheel arms, now it looks WAY better and I'm significantly happier with the alt mode. I took some photos and wasted my whole day putting a page together explaining it:

http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/ransack/

Before, I was sure I wouldn't buy any repaints of this figure, but now I think I will since I know how to fix them. It'd be nice if Hasbro just did it right though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Perhaps I have mentioned before that I think TF:Cybertron's Ransack has his rear wheel on wrong, well yesterday I saw the design sketch for the vehicle at the Hasbro site and it confirmed this, so I tapped out the hinges and swapped the wheel arms, now it looks WAY better and I'm significantly happier with the alt mode. I took some photos and wasted my whole day putting a page together explaining it:

http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/ransack/

Before, I was sure I wouldn't buy any repaints of this figure, but now I think I will since I know how to fix them. It'd be nice if Hasbro just did it right though.
    that's pretty neat. Now if only I could FIND mine so I could try it. I know I shoved him in a box or drawer SOMEWHERE, but I can't seem to figure out where...
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I picked up the reissue Inferno and Grapple yesterday for $6.99 each at TRU! I passed on Hoist for $8.50 since I figured the two obvious repaints with decent robot modes would look fairly in place with what I want to do with my Alternators once I get a spot for them set up.

And, despite my usual good luck with Alternators, I've yet to see Swerve. Will he still be shipping when Prowl and Decepticharge come out?
    Tommy, close your eyes.