Page 66 of 585 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166566 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Here's more pics of the Alternators packaging along with packaged shots of some new Cybertron figures: http://priplus.blog.park4u.com/user1/1930/index.shtml

I don't especially like the new Alternators packaging, it's not collector-friendly, the big bubble is welded to the box underneath so once you free your TF, you can't store him back in the box. Also, I don't like the Cybertron-styling in general and the Cybertron-esque character art at all. I suspect this is Hasbro saying the collector-only approach that Alternators has isn't working and they need to broaden the buyer base to keep the line going.

On the Cybertron side, I am glad to see new packaged figures, it means we'll be seeing 'em on shelves soon, and I want MORE of this line. Alternators I have gone 7 months without a new fig and I don't exactly care at this point, they have withered the line and it's disappointing; Cybertron, on the other hand, keeps getting more exciting each new wave.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I should have seen this coming, they changed it for Energon as well.

Personally I like it. If I was a MISBer, I could display the them from different angles and you'd still be able to see the most of the vehicle.

Anyways, I picked up Clocker(SKIDS) the other day, and I don't like him too much. Not as bad as Thundercracker though ( who I gave away ), since he actually has good articulation. And I think the tranformation is interesting too. But for some reason, I just don't like him that much. Oh well.

I going to skip this guy after seeing Remy's gallery. It's too bad, my Cybertron Decepticon shelf is going to be rather empty.
    http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act373/

Here's my thing about the in-box collectors, up until now you could keep your Alternators looking brand new in their boxes while still being able to take 'em out and put 'em back whenever you wanted, now if you take 'em out that's it, they're out for good.

I hear Clocker has stability issues, and some of his colors are not thick enough in the US version (most of the white on orange with Skids doesn't look orangey the way Clocker's paint does). Personally, I really like Clocker, but I also sorta like Thundercrackah too.

Roadstorm does appear to be a bit of a mess, but I don't dislike him yet, I will be getting him.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

TOMORROW = BOTCON!

I'm going! ( 'cause its like 20 min away. )

Anyway, I'll be going with a camera, and might have some pics up on TNI later in the day, I'll let you guys know if there's anything of note for Friday. Saturday looks to be the day of Hasbro's new stuff ( PRIMUS!!! )

Sounds like fun. Have a blast, and if you can smuggle us out some good stuff!
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Check it out, fellow Action Online network member Ben Yee of BWTF.com actually wrote this year's Botcon-exclusive comic book: http://www.bwtf.com/cbreviews/botcon/descent/

Picture time! Here are my galleries (sorry for the flash on the last set)
    Con Exclusives: http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...ze=800&start=0

Exclusive LoC Seeker: http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...ze=800&start=0

Cybertron Swerve and Swindle: http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...ze=800&start=0

Hasbro booth: http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...ze=800&start=0

Allspark also has a GREAT gallery here: http://www.allspark.com/modules.php?...view_album.php

Nice pictures, Adam. I really like the LoC Seeker. I would have loved the Blue/White Arcee from the first link, now when i look at my Energon one im going to feel a bit disappointed with its paint scheme. I also enjoyed seeing some pictures of Cybertrons animal robots. Aside from the Rhino guys robot mode, they look good to me.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Yeah.. Backstop sucks.

There was a LOT of goodies today, some stuff was only shown on ppt and we weren't allowed to take pictures. I'll cover stuff I didn't get pictures of first.

Red Hot Shot repaint similar to the Japanese DVD one.. calling it Excillion haha. There was an Override one too, but I didn't look at it enough to remember it. Jetfire's repaint is a Decepticon. They haven't finalised the name, but one of the candidates was Octane. I think he had purple and bronze details. There is a new Unicron coming. He is deluxe sized with a tank alt mode. Looked kinda cool.

Showed protos of new molds for Beast Megatron (based on the first t-rex) and Optimus Primal (based on serveral Primals). Megatron was sweet! Very detailed. Primal looked good. Both have .. force chip gimmick. Jungle Planet keys. Released later next year. 2006 is Beast War's tenth anniversary.

Showed TF Attackix figures Cybertron Prime and Megs, Energon Omege Supreme.

ALTERNATORS! Subaru as Ricochet/Stepper, Swindle has an orange repaint who's name I forget. Dodge Ram = Optimus Prime. Ford GT = MIRAGE. (got pics of that one)

I will get my pics up soon.

As for stuff shown at the Hasbro booth, besides the afforementioned Mirage proto, they had Skids in the new packaging. Initial Beast Wars assortment: Rhinox, Cheetor, Waspinator were shown. (Dinobot, Rattrap, and Tarantulas were not, but are coming. ) These are not remolds. IIRC, all except Rattrap are the original releases. Rattrap is transmetal They had Waspinator in packaging too. Each figure comes with a peice to make Trans-Mutate. MSRP: $14.99. They also come with dvds that have an episode centered around the character it comes with. In the same case they displayed Star Wars TF's which were SW vehicles that turn into characters associated with it. Show were Grievous/Wheelbike(my pictures of him didn't turn out well), DVader/Tie Advanced, Obi-Wan/Jedi Starfighter (Ep3), Luke/X-wing. At the panel they showed BobaFett/SlaveI.

In the Cybertron booth they added a orange rumble (FYI we are getting the orange one with a possibility of a unique color down the line. So no yellow or blue.) , Cybertron Patrol Scattorshot, Soundwave, Crumplezone repaint, Primus, Menasaur, another giant character who's name I forget (might be Mixmaster), and Galvatron.

Mixmaster? That's a joke right? What's next Osterizer and KitchenAid?

So Adam, you saw them in person... what are your thoughts on the Star Wars TFs?
    plasticfetish.net