Page 67 of 595 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167567 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Mixmaster? That's a joke right? What's next Osterizer and KitchenAid?

So Adam, you saw them in person... what are your thoughts on the Star Wars TFs?
    Mixmaster is a G1 name!

I think they look goofy. I wasn't impressed.

Oh yeah here is the gallery. The first page and some on the second are not my pictures. Everything else is me.

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...m=5051&start=0

(Oh yeah, the Constructicon. Well, same joke... just pretend I made it 20 years ago. )

Yep. I'm kind of amazed that they pushed that SW/TF idea through. They look extremely lame to me.
    plasticfetish.net

PlasticFetish: ditto that.

does anyone know the release date for the Galaxy Force/Cybertron Soundwave figure? i've been seeing pics for it on sites but have yet to see an actual release date. thanks for any info.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

That sucks about Beast Wars Rattrap being the Transmetal one, ive wanted his first figure for a long time. There are several Transformers that i like in those pictures. I might actually be buying more than a dozen of these guys, which is alot in terms of my Transformers collection. Adam, was there any talk of the movie?
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    That sucks about Beast Wars Rattrap being the Transmetal one, ive wanted his first figure for a long time. There are several Transformers that i like in those pictures. I might actually be buying more than a dozen of these guys, which is alot in terms of my Transformers collection. Adam, was there any talk of the movie?
    You know, the fact that they've been recolored to better match the animation would've been enough to get me to buy them, but the fact that you can create a transmutate takes the cake!

Maybe they'll redo some Beast Machines figures in three years and include a buildable Botanica? Then again, maybe they'll want to pretend Beast Machines never happened...
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

TM Rattrap is easily the superior figure though, far more like the TV version of the character than the original toy (which is a bit of a shellmaster and has a lot of pointless backpack junk and an unposeable alt mode) - the only real diff between TM Rattrap and his TV counterpart is that the back piece doesn't rotate 180. Plus, original Rattrap was only $5 so there's no way collectors would pay $15 for a repro.

I'm not sure how I feel about these anniversary figs, and paying $90 to put together Transmutate...
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    TM Rattrap is easily the superior figure though, far more like the TV version of the character than the original toy (which is a bit of a shellmaster and has a lot of pointless backpack junk and an unposeable alt mode) - the only real diff between TM Rattrap and his TV counterpart is that the back piece doesn't rotate 180. Plus, original Rattrap was only $5 so there's no way collectors would pay $15 for a repro.

I'm not sure how I feel about these anniversary figs, and paying $90 to put together Transmutate...
    I agree with you collector's paying $15 for a basic and transmutate part. Are they gonna be $15?

I feel good about these figures. I haven't bought any of these molds in about 10 years and they're some of my favorite beast era characters and figures, so I don't mind. Plus Transmutate, which I've already said. I just hope we see images of Primal and Megatron soon, not to mention the other 3 figures in the Transmutate series (including Tarantulas and Dinobot). All of those should make for interesting recolors, although I would've liked to see some remolding--plus, how cool would it be to get a more show accurate Blackarachnia? I realize that would've been an entirely new mold...but still.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

They will be $15, and besides the fig and the transmutate part they'll have a DVD of an ep of the show that centered around that character.

I agree about remolds, if they're gonna go back and make Primal and Megs better, there's a list of other characters that deserve similar too (Dinobot being at the top of that list).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The MSRP is $14.99. Doesn't mean thats how much Wal-mart of Target will sell them for. (MSRP for Alternators was $25 or $29.99 when they first came out I think.)

I had a nice post typed out last night of my haul from botcon but my interet died. So I'll just summarize here. Friday I was sane and only got GF Starscream, Cybertrons Leobreaker and Mudflap, and Alt Wheeljack. Yesterday I went nuts. I picked up Cybertron Brakedown... and GF Exgeyser, Backgild, and First Gunner. (Hot Shot, Scattorshot and Red Alert upgrades.)

I went to Hasbro's design panel today. They showed the Unicron deluxe again, which is still cool. HOWEVER, the most exciting thing they showed in between Q&A are protos for a proposed line to fill in the gap between Cybertron and the movie. The line's concept is to mix the Alternator and Cybertron playpatterns in deluxe and mega pricepoints. (So like Universe.. only new molds.) Shown was a VERY G1 inspired Starscream who's alt mode I hear resembles an F-15. Bot mode was fantastic. Arm cannons like G1 Starscream. Looked to have fantasic articulation. Starscream was said to be a deluxe. The second and last shown was suprising: A gun with a Decepticon logo on the scope. No bot mode was shown, but you can guess who it is. The gun was more of a blaster or sci-fi ish take on a hand gun. Still, the "gap" looks bright. I WOULD LIKE TO NOTE HOWEVER, THAT THE HASBRO TEAMED STRESSED THAT THESE FIGURES WERE PART OF A PROPOSAL. THEY ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO BE MADE. We were again asked to not take pictures.