Page 68 of 592 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168568 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by darko666
    does anyone know the release date for the Galaxy Force/Cybertron Soundwave figure? i've been seeing pics for it on sites but have yet to see an actual release date. thanks for any info.

GF Soundwave was released last week. Cybertron version will probably come out next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    GF Soundwave was released last week. Cybertron version will probably come out next year.
    awesome, thanks.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

An Optimus Prime Alternator? Don't we already have one? Okay, technically not an Alternator, but on roughly the same scale.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah, but not everyone has it, or was able to get it.

The reason the Dodge Ram is Prime, is because Hasbro wanted to do a truck alternator, but Takara did not. ( Not many trucks in Japan) So to compromise they made the character Convoy/Prime so that it could be sold in both markets.

TRU is having a buy 2, get 1 free sale on Transformers. I picked up Undermine and Armorhide, so for the freebie and chose Clocker even though I already have the GF version (Clocker's stability problems are caused by poorer tolerances in Hasbro manufacturing, as opposed to changes; also, Clocker's base plastic color is orange where GF Skids' is the white which looks better). I also found Mudflap and Leobreaker at Target, but I passed on Leobreaker after reading some poor reviews and seeing the cooler-looking Dark Leobreaker Hasbro is going to come out with later in this line.

I'll say more in a little while, here are my brief opinions:

Undermine surprised me, I expected little but he's a pretty fun figure if a little strange. His base design would make a good deluxe with some additions.

Armorhide is really neat, a fairly unique transformation and just nifty all around. His design too would make a good deluxe.

Mudflap is only alright, he feels more like a clever oversized Minicon than a regular transformer, and I really wish the things under his arms were more weaponized and removable.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

err... i hope he's mal-transformed here, because otherwise he looks like butt

http://binalternators.de/optimus_prime_english.html

in other news, i bought my first two TF's in i don't know how long that weren't alternators last night - cybertron vector prime (despite JT's dissatisfaction... i think he rocks.) and hotshot (is he supposed to be hotrod?)
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

He's not supposed to be Hot Rod, though they are releasing a Hot Rod repaint of TF:CY Hot Shot here in the states (they already did in Japan).

So, what do you like about VP?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

i like the old-world almost victorian style to him... the whole gear-driven motif is just really cool and a departure for the line. there's just a lot of modeling going on there. his face looks really cool, and his bot-mode has this regality to it. plus he's got a huge friggin' sword.

i don't really have a problem with the front fuselage section of the alt mode just hanging off his back, and i don't mind the legs folding up underneath him in alt mode. they're the usual thing in terms of TF's... the detail in the molding more than makes up for that. i haven't put batteries in, so i can't talk about the sound effects, but that wasn't the draw for me.

i also like the fact that he's a prime from the past.

and hotshot has an awesome alt mode. the car just looks so cool. it's like a mix between the cadillac cien and a lambo... and the bot mode is really nicely done, too. with the pop-out fins that look EXACTLY like hot rod, though, i thought it was supposed to be him. it's funny that they're doing a repaint as hot rod, instead of the other way around...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

They've been doing more and more G1 homages in the past few years like that. The Energon line even had a character named Rodimus who was a truck and another leader. Apparently, Hasbro has lost the rights to the character name "Hot Rod" though, maybe even to the point where they can't call him "Autobot Hot Rod" (like Jazz in the Alternators line having to be called Meister).

I don't think Vector Prime was ever a leader the way Optimus Prime is, in the Japanese continuity he's definitely not a "Convoy"... I guess that's part of what makes him enigmatic.

What kind of dillweed would you have to be to refuse Hasbro the rights to use names like Hot Rod? Seriously. If you're the current trademark owner and won't allow some exception for iconic characters, you're a mouse dropping.
    Tommy, close your eyes.