Page 69 of 592 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169569 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    What kind of dillweed would you have to be to refuse Hasbro the rights to use names like Hot Rod? Seriously. If you're the current trademark owner and won't allow some exception for iconic characters, you're a mouse dropping.
    I think that's kind of harsh. They have a business to run, too. Besides; Hot Rod is a crappy name. I much prefer "Rodimus," and even that kinda sucks.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek. Slightly.

On the other hand, we are talking about a company that was moronic enough to sell such an iconic name as GI Jane to Disney because they were making a movie no one cared to see.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek. Slightly.

On the other hand, we are talking about a company that was moronic enough to sell such an iconic name as GI Jane to Disney because they were making a movie no one cared to see.
    In that case, I was being somewhat obtuse. Somewhat...
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Honestly, Hasbro was lax in protecting their brand's names and they're stupid for letting this happen, another company is clearly learning from that mistake and copyrighting more of the names they are getting - now Hasbro has swung hard the other way and overprotects the names to the point where we get all these characters with names that don't fit simply because they were from back in the day. I have no idea who is using "Hot Rod", but I bet none of us would be so forgiving if they wanted to use "Optimus Prime".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

well, at least they aren't calling him "exillion" - the japanese name. that name sucks. hard. and apparently the red version of hot shot is at an MSRP of $100 in japan!

http://www.tformers.com/reviews.php?...content&id=573
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn
    well, at least they aren't calling him "exillion" - the japanese name. that name sucks. hard. and apparently the red version of hot shot is at an MSRP of $100 in japan!

http://www.tformers.com/reviews.php?...content&id=573
    Er, actually, the US red version will be named Excillion, a little joke on Hasbro's part I guess.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

hasbro sucks. hard.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

So call him something else than move on.

Fact: Hasbro was very close to losing the name Megatron at one point.

If Hasbro had lost Megs, they probably would have caved.

I finally seen some new Alternators today. I saw Wheeljack and Prowl for the first time in person. I liked both of them but ended up leaving them on the shelves. Of the two i really wanted Prowl more, since ive already got Grimlock, but even then i couldnt convince myself to pull the trigger. Maybe some other day. But it was nice to see something new for a change.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay