Page 85 of 566 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
    What does MP Starscream mean? I know what MasterPiece stands for.

But is this a "scaled to Alernators (sort of)" size replica of an F-15 Eagle that transforms into a G-1 Replica of the offficial Starscream? Or is it one of those Cybertron bad copies? Any pictures yet?

(I love Starscream!)

Meanwhile, Skids, Ricochet, Rollbar, and (unlikely as I'd have thought) Sunstreaker are really pilling up the dust at my stores. I fear Mirage will not ship on time because of these bad repaints being so undesirable. I could care less for the pickup Prime, but I'd buy that character repainted (as Ironhide or Kup, for example). I'd also buy Skids as an American version of Broadblast (Blaster) - didn't like Skids original issue color (nor Scions for that matter) to begin with, but the Japanese Broadblast looks alright I guess.

Anyway, I hope Alternators don't choke right now. I at least want Mirage!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

MP is like the 20th Anniversary Prime. This insert was included with the just released Hybrid Style G1 Convoy (Optimus Prime).

http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upi...1142799568.jpg

Most likely will be in the same scale as Masterpeice Prime.

That will be so awesome! I can't wait until there are more pictures and a scale shot showing Starscream next to MP Prime or some Alternators.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I picked up Cybertron Swindle yesterday at TRU - el sucko.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

All i have to say is they really need to go back to metal and screws. Ball joints are fun and all, but you cant fix them when they wear down. Plus they hurt more when you beat your sibling with them after they break the arms off of your 15th optimus prime G1. (all previous broke for the same reason) Ah the memories.
    Sigh... For once in my life i have nothing to say...

With ball joints, you put a coat of clear nail polish on to bulk up the joint, that's the general tip I've been given from those in the know. However, I've never had one wear down the way you describe and I've been collecting ball-jointed TFs for a decade now, either they're already loose when I get 'em in the package or they ain't.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    With ball joints, you put a coat of clear nail polish on to bulk up the joint, that's the general tip I've been given from those in the know. However, I've never had one wear down the way you describe and I've been collecting ball-jointed TFs for a decade now, either they're already loose when I get 'em in the package or they ain't.
    I havent tried the nailpolish trick. with screw joints you just put a piece of paper in the joint and screw it back in, problem solved. The nice thing is that Hasbo has the Transformers made for sale in the American market produced with tighter joints. The Japanise, for some reason like joints looser. Hey Tricks, what is your fav Transformer that you own and why?

I am torn between my G1 Scorpinok, G1 Scourge, and G1 Predaking.
    Sigh... For once in my life i have nothing to say...

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I picked up Cybertron Swindle yesterday at TRU - el sucko.
    WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! Swindle is great! Esplain!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossk77
    Hey Tricks, what is your fav Transformer that you own and why?
    I'm not sure I have "a" favorite, I have a lot of current Cybertron and Alternators line figures I like right now, and some G1 favs too, but I couldn't even whittle it down to a list of top 3 I suspect. 20th Anniv Prime is probably near the top though, that sucker rocks. But that's an easy answer, you know? There are a lot of other ones I dig a lot too, he's just the "crown jewel" piece. Nearly all my favorites have great robot modes, great articulation, fantastic transformations, and very nice alt modes - character bios are not really my thing, so it's all about the toy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! Swindle is great! Esplain!
    I've previously said that I think Hardtop sucks bad, crappy alt mode, uber-lame gimmick, kibbley bot mode, and awful colors, so Swindle had the chips stacked against him.

I was hoping his colors would work better, but Swindle's bright yellow is an eyesore, there's no 2 ways about it. And the dark maroon goes SO poorly with it. The only colors that work even a little are the brown and the dark gray.

Swindle's alt mode still sucks, uninspired shape, awful cockpit, horrid empty sad lower rear-end. The key gimmick still sucks too - long gun into slightly longer gun.

Robot mode is still flawed on the same merits as the original. Also, one of the reasons I got this figure is because I saw that the blank chest plate finally had some detail, a faction logo, but the clowns at Hasbro put it way up at the top instead of at the middle, so it looks very last-minute. The yellow head elements are gloppy paint. The body in yellow loses too much of its badly-needed detail. Yellow, maroon, brown is a bad robot color combination.

20TH Anniversary Prime is the best there ever was. I got him only thanks to El Chuxter. I hope I still have him. All my Alternators except for Sunstreaker who I got after my accident, were packed up and put in storage (I hope). I have a lot of stuff I'm going through in there right now, but don't work on it too often as it's rather depressing. I hope Prime is in there and OK. What's more, his weapons would be separate from the truck (the mode he was last in before my accident I believe). I'm mostly finding my Plamates Star Trek stuff in my organizing missions in storage as of lately.

I only had a few Alternators, so I really want them back and to display in my new place:

Optimus Prime (20th)
    Sideswipe
    Smokescreen
    Hound
    Meister
    Tracks
    Wheeljack

That's it I think. Mirage is the next purchase I plan on - and MP edition Starscream when they release him. (My first Decepticon!)