Page 86 of 586 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
    What Transformer are you?

This was on the boards at MySpace:

http://www.quizilla.com/users/hotrod...onality%20Test

I was actually Optimus Prime. I was both honored and surprised. I answered the survey honestly, but many of my answers were more "Perceptor" than "Prime" I thought (not intentionally making them that way either). But nevertheless I am very "Optimus Prime" like. Let us know who you get.
    Last edited by JediTricks; 03-24-2006 at 02:47 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It won't come as a surprise to anyone who knows me, but

You are Grimlock. Arrogant and fearsome, you would take over Optimus Prime's job in a second. Sometimes it's kind of hard to tell which side you're on in the first place. You are extremely deadly and are always quite easy to resort to violence. Matter of fact you haven't really ever resorted to anything else. You will go down in history as the guy who said, "Me, Grimlock, kick butt!" Rock on with your slow yet powerful self!
    Okay, I clicked on answers that said "me" instead of "I" on purpose knowing I'd get that result.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I came up being Prime too... My wife however thinks i am SMOKESCREEN:lipsrseal
    Sigh... For once in my life i have nothing to say...

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I've previously said that I think Hardtop sucks bad, crappy alt mode, uber-lame gimmick, kibbley bot mode, and awful colors, so Swindle had the chips stacked against him.

I was hoping his colors would work better, but Swindle's bright yellow is an eyesore, there's no 2 ways about it. And the dark maroon goes SO poorly with it. The only colors that work even a little are the brown and the dark gray.

Swindle's alt mode still sucks, uninspired shape, awful cockpit, horrid empty sad lower rear-end. The key gimmick still sucks too - long gun into slightly longer gun.

Robot mode is still flawed on the same merits as the original. Also, one of the reasons I got this figure is because I saw that the blank chest plate finally had some detail, a faction logo, but the clowns at Hasbro put it way up at the top instead of at the middle, so it looks very last-minute. The yellow head elements are gloppy paint. The body in yellow loses too much of its badly-needed detail. Yellow, maroon, brown is a bad robot color combination.

I must have missed your original review. I also dissagree with your review, except for the key gimmick. It does suck.

This is the first "real picture" of Optimus Prime from the live-action movie for next year. I can't say if it is real or not. I can comment that while I appreciate the "darker look," I miss "the red."

Prime also looks, while invulnerable to humans, like an easy target for Megatron. The fuel tanks on the outside of his legs (even though traditional Prime) always bothered me as a vulnerability to him.

Meanwhile, if this is a real shot, it would appear the T's are built out of real earth vehicles after "The Ark" crashes, or however they're going to do it. I had thought that T's were made from Cybertronian metals and that was why they were less vulnerable to both T-arms as wall as of course more conventional earth rounds.

Prime's sculpt does look great however. He still looks like my Autobot hero.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	optimus_movie.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	13693  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

What's the source on this? Totally new to me, I wonder if it's fake, I haven't seen it posted anywhere else, and there's no joint system around the shoulders or elbows, I think they'd add that.

That colorscheme suggests it's Ultra Magnus, not Optimus Prime.

I don't think the fueltanks on his legs are really meant to be fueltanks, just supposed to LOOK like fueltanks.

Maybe it's the angle of the image, but he looks kinda tubby, like Energon's Optimus Prime.

EDIT: TFW2005 confirms it's a fanmade image, made by blasphemy3_d from the CG Society Forums, it's fakity fake fake.
    Last edited by JediTricks; 03-28-2006 at 04:26 PM.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Holy crap, that is beautiful!! Maybe it's not 100% done, so the red will be added later. Prime in any color other than red is kind of odd, but that design still rocks.

Where'd you find this, T-Dog?

Edit: Never mind. JT beat me to the punch with the info this is fake. Hopefully the real deal is just as nice, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

There's a video this guy created to go with it, looks pretty slick, TFW2005 is hosting the video: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-1143510931.html
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks for the vid-link JT. I'll have to watch it later.

I found my picture in the Transformers group at MySpace. I don't recollect the original poster's source. But thank you for the info on it, JT.

Did we ever discuss the the new Astrotrain toy for the Transformer Classics line this fall? I can't remember, and am too lazy to look back. :lipsrseal If we did and all of this is redundent, please ignore.

Also ignore the tformers.com watermark, the pictures are actually from the Japanese patent website which I will get to in a sec.

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...ze=800&start=0

Anyway, like I said, these come from the Japanese Patent site, which should be an amazing resource. Not only do they have protos of new unreleased figures but they have them as far back as RiD and Beast Wars. We should see some new pictures from this site before long. For info on how to utilize this go here:http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3423