Page 87 of 586 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Did we ever discuss the the new Astrotrain toy for the Transformer Classics line this fall? I can't remember, and am too lazy to look back. :lipsrseal If we did and all of this is redundent, please ignore.

Also ignore the tformers.com watermark, the pictures are actually from the Japanese patent website which I will get to in a sec.

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...ze=800&start=0

Anyway, like I said, these come from the Japanese Patent site, which should be an amazing resource. Not only do they have protos of new unreleased figures but they have them as far back as RiD and Beast Wars. We should see some new pictures from this site before long. For info on how to utilize this go here:http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3423
    Yeah, that Astrotrain is awesome-ish. I mean, neither mode REALLY looks like either mode...not even as well as the original. But the fact that it's not a panel-former is interesting. I'm looking forward to the rest of the line. With this, the movie toys, and the Titaniums, the future of TF's is bright.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Alternators Prowl gets his redeco in the US as Camshaft... sorta:
    http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=5973&mode=flat
    The colors are only vaguely similar to G1 Camshaft (another Omnibot). And notice that the license plate refers to it as Bluestreak, which makes no sense at all since they already released Silverstreak in this line. The spoiler is a good addition, almost makes this thing seem halfways sporty, but it's a lame duck none the less.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

wow. alternators are tanking hard... hopefully i can stop collecting them after mirage and prime come out. i've already passed over ricochet and whatever that red jeep's name was... other than that i have them all so far, but i'll be skipping camstreak. what a pice of carp.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Groan.

Alternators have produced some of the only 7 Transformers I would buy (plus add in 20th Anniversary Prime). But the ones I would NOT buy are outnumbering those I would.

Mirage and Rumble are the only ones I plan to get now.

I'd be interested in a US version of Broadblast (the Scion), and a repaint of Prime's pickup as Kup or Ironhide.

but....

BOUGHT..........................................NE VER GOING TO BUY

Sideswipe.......................................Si lverstreak
    SmokeScreen..................................Dead End
    Hound............................................S windle
    Tracks...........................................R avage
    Meister..........................................S hockblast
    Wheeljack.......................................Gr imlock
    Sunstreaker....................................Win dcharger
    .................................................. ..Swerve
    .................................................. ..Decepticharge
    .................................................. ..Skids
    .................................................. ..Richochet
    .................................................. ..Rollbar
    .................................................. ..Optimus Prime (as pickup)

I'm sure I forgot someone on my "never buy list" but the never-buys almost outnumber the buys by twice the amount of them!

Rumble will be my first Decepticon unless the Masterpiece Starscream is coming out sooner and is really good. Anyone hear anthing more about that?

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn
    wow. alternators are tanking hard... hopefully i can stop collecting them after mirage and prime come out. i've already passed over ricochet and whatever that red jeep's name was... other than that i have them all so far, but i'll be skipping camstreak. what a pice of carp.
    Yeah, Hasbro's really choked the life out of this line. Prime is out now, I saw him at Target on Friday, passenger door was melted so I didn't even consider buying it. The plastic looked really thin and I hate the bot mode from the pictures I've seen, so I doubt I would have bought him anyway. All the Alt line holds for me now is Mirage and Rumble.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ah, here we are.

JT, in reference to the other board (I cannot post a link yet):

Look at Trypticon. That is the ultimate "fall over and splay" transform. Having played with the old Fort Max, I can tell ya, the toy is blah.

Soundwave: We agree substantively, but disagree on terms. Ug, that plane mode bugs me more and more. Is it too late to change my grade?

And, you are right, shipping on Metroplex is prohibitive.

Hey there Dom, glad you found us.

Look at Trypticon. That is the ultimate "fall over and splay" transform. Having played with the old Fort Max, I can tell ya, the toy is blah.
    http://www.tfu.info/1986/Decepticon/.../trypticon.htm
    Never even seen this one before. I'm surprised that it doesn't have an actual robot mode, reminds me of the GoBots line base in that fashion. The base mode looks way more transforming going on than Cybertron Menasor though, from the pic there it doesn't look like a bot crawling on its belly the way Menasor does.

I have the same feeling about Soundwave's alt mode, I gave it a 2.5/5 originally and I'd probably stick with it, but I might go as low as a 2/5 instead. You can certainly change your rating if you wish.

Seems like the CY line started strong, got better for a while, but has been petering out lately - it's still better than Armada or Energon, yet to me it feels like Cybertron is over.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Yeah, Hasbro's really choked the life out of this line. Prime is out now, I saw him at Target on Friday, passenger door was melted so I didn't even consider buying it. The plastic looked really thin and I hate the bot mode from the pictures I've seen, so I doubt I would have bought him anyway. All the Alt line holds for me now is Mirage and Rumble.
    i forgot about rumble... i'll hit that, too. and if they make a scion tC, i'm all over that like a sauce. i'm probably going to end up getting prime, too, cuz it's prime...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

A Scion tC would be cool, they're not going to do one unfortunately because Toyota doesn't market it in Japan. That's so lame!

Check it out, Masterpiece Starscream prototype photos: http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=5983&mode=flat

I saw the next line of Star Wars Transformers today:

Palpatine as the shuttle looked good
    Clone Pilot as the ARC 170 was awesome actually.
    Jango Fett as the repainted Slave-One was as you'd expect a repaint to be.

I've never bought any, but I do remotely like a few of these:

Luke / X-wing
    Vader / TIE
    Maul / Infiltrator
    Clone / ARC 170
    Palpatine / Imperial Shuttle

I'm still not going to buy them though.